Male HQ

Gay man's salary at 30.

Guest Poor man

1 hour ago, Guest good thing said:

I hate to receive these emails full of mistakes and written without concentrating on the subject.

I noted that nowadays most staff will leave the office sharp. A few staying back if still work to be done.

As I am the boss, I don't like the staff that starts "cleaning" the table at 5pm already and waiting to leave the office. Especially those who never really finish their tasks on time...

clear, effectively written emails are cornerstones to good productivity.

ambiguity or poor command of language  creates confusion/doubt which then needs to be clarified.

yes i really dislike doing that, as it is time that could be spent getting other things done.

in regards to colleagues/team: if someone slogs all day but is an ineffective worker, unkempt, unfit,

or display poor social skills, not only is he/she less likeable, it signals some severe awareness or self-care issues.

basically, i get an impression that this person does not know how to manage his/her own life.
and they will lose points with me, even if i am not their colleague or team leader.

so yes, i greatly respect workers who get their things done, and take care of themselves.

some (not just men) are married, but are fit and juggle family life, kids, health.

it is admirable to see people who have their shit together, they are often more confident & adaptable

and are generally better workers, because in general, they are successful human beings. 

in essence, I can really see which individuals are thriving in their lives,

and which individuals are just surviving, being barely alive.

tough assessment, but no slackers on my team.

sometimes even after one-on-one motivation talks, can see some ppl are even slacking in their own lives.

so i can only wish them the best in their future endeavours, because if you are not committed to drive your

own life, who else will do it for you?

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

When i was 30, i was doing 4.8K i think.  I was deliriously happy and very comfortable living within my means.

When i got a car at that time, a longtime childhood dream came true and i counted myself truly blessed. The side effect was spending power dropped and i had to be even more frugal. I was happy still, as i was living within my means.

I don't make 4.8k anymore, neither am i 30, but i am still very much contented and living within my means with decent crisis plan for future uncertainties.

Happiness comes from value of life and contentment. Money can add value to contentment only if we let it.

:)

4 hours ago, tomcat said:

I have colleagues who work with a video playing in the background

or work with headphones on.

often wonder how they focus 100% if their attention is split on watching/hearing something

even following the narrative of a video without watching takes some attention away. 

i am completely focused and in the zone. my day is scheduled with tasks, 

and focus to push them out by the day's end. i keep all my meetings to 30 mins max,

those that are longer will kena from me, because they are not well prepped.

i do take breaks, go to window and look into the distance/enjoy scenery

or answer BW forums, or social media.

but when break over, it's all work and putting ticks to the tasks.

i know some industries (creative, advertising etc) have this stigma about those who leave on time,

but if you can do that, meaning get all your work done and leave by 5 or 6, why not?

dont get me wrong, i can multi task when i m working elsewhere (not in the office) cos i m out of office , be it i m doing a pc of work , i m no longer paid to work (ie more of i m free to leisurely watch my youtube while doing a pc of work or applying jobs) 

i do not accept any staff who dare to work w headphones or viewing video (unless for a reason eg they r from Marcom or communications dept)

It is a no!

but i envy pp whose office buildings are near to cheap fd eg maxwell , Amoy etc

Edited by lovehandle

1 hour ago, bigdanbeam said:

Yeah $10 is about the bare minimum. Of course it only applies to hawker meals. 

$10 (for 2 meals)? how to survive?

i find a mixed rice economy rice is already $4+  but sometimes not full enugh , hence i need to top it up(sorry that i constantly feel hungry even though i dont gym/workout)

(n i dont even afford a drink w my meals at all) yes sometimes i will eat at fastfd/ burgers joint without ordering set (cos i tried not to touch fried food/french fries) though many claimed it is not economical to do tat (n i pref healthier option ie MOS burger)

Mcdonalds' a simple meal set is more than S$5 (the quality range , not those one pathetic patty and fried stuff)

mine is the lowest pkge of a telco co. (& yes even after corp discs) - (dont bring in student rates, or u need a higher package for business calls, business r business, we r accounting for personal calls)

Anyone has any saving methods? i rem there was a thread on taxis and trpt (yes, i dont, never have i taken a Uber/grab/cab for personal reasons)

i dont even know why would anyone need this?:

and i saw many tend to use/record phone msgs and send over using watsapp/wechat etc (dont they take up data usage Gb? , my fren even warn me not to attach any photos in my watsapp cos it needs data to open them up- i m glad when i m outside w no free wifi , i dont open attachments)

i sometimes, mthly exceeeded my data usage still it is a luxury to use 

Guest cheapscate
1 hour ago, -Ignored- said:

mine is the lowest pkge of a telco co. (& yes even after corp discs) - (dont bring in student rates, or u need a higher package for business calls, business r business, we r accounting for personal calls)

Anyone has any saving methods? i rem there was a thread on taxis and trpt (yes, i dont, never have i taken a Uber/grab/cab for personal reasons)

i dont even know why would anyone need this?:

and i saw many tend to use/record phone msgs and send over using watsapp/wechat etc (dont they take up data usage Gb? , my fren even warn me not to attach any photos in my watsapp cos it needs data to open them up- i m glad when i m outside w no free wifi , i dont open attachments)

i sometimes, mthly exceeeded my data usage still it is a luxury to use 

ha ha , has this turned to a money savvy lifestyle discussion app?

You made the mistake already when you converted your hp plan some time back.

I kept the Singtel Classic 100 as long as I could and never switched to any other plan.

Last renewal they gave me 3 GB free  on the same plan and even gave me a 55% off.

And I m not even a Pioneer. ha ha

Last renewal I just told them that I will switch to M1, then they came with the extra Perks.

I saw new telcoms offering new plans with 38 per month but forgot the name.

I don't need the higher GB, whole day I am in the office. I don't download any boring

TV channel shows or series anyway...

If you are smart and logic thinking person, you will find out that most of the time Uber and Grab is more expensive than the normal cab. I switched back to Comfort. Go at 7.30pm from Jurong East to Tanjong Pagar by Grab

$29, normal cab I paid 13.80. They cheat already with the indication of what a normal taxi would cost.

Plus I hate this. grab taxi in 3 mins, when you book  you wait 15 mins...

I m just scared that Comfort will go on the same model soon...

take BMW   (Bus Mrt Walk)

that is not a mistake , that is a must : if we need to have the family corp rates

n this is a thread to tell TS to adapt to his current lifestyle , one doesnt need alot to survive so long he can forgo the luxury

many old , my mum is also NOT a PG card holder but we off all her data plans

in this era, many would need data plans (and i dont even play games or watch video using my phone)

and i dont need a cab, why do we even need to be smart and logical to discuss uber/grab ??????? goodness!

i m happy w public transport

Guest Salary

Salary for 30 year old gay men must be at least 8500 before CPF. For straight men can be 6700 sgd before CPF. 

#scientology 

Guest Guest
57 minutes ago, Guest Salary said:

Salary for 30 year old gay men must be at least 8500 before CPF. For straight men can be 6700 sgd before CPF. 

#scientology 

How about 40 years old gay men?

U hit the point!

our govt or SMRT been doing the weekend opened later/close earlier on certain mrt Lines (glad that their shuttles' frequency is quite gd) , so long there is no breakdowns, all is fine!
Hope it will end soon

Humans tend to create MORE problems for themselves

My straight frens, the conscious shopper and the  wise (of course) - they will claim none of Uber or grab (though now there is no UBER) is gd
So they will use data to open up both apps to compare who are the cheapest on rates (after using coupon)

- do note that the more u tap on their apps, it will jack up the price as a form of increasing demands

this is called making your life difficult by comparing apps (and taxis) - for me in the event of emergency, just hail and rush to it, don't even need to think (it cant be everytime u r in  life&death emergency)

n they got the cheek like some who claimed they are wise in $/financial planning to tell me they r so gd at it

BTW, Singapore is moving to less car (totally dependent on all the new MRT tracks), tax more on road related matters, no-Car-day(of course it is not feasible now)  - trying to imitate some 1st world angmoh ctries

Earn so much and then to bring to???? 6 ft under?

and to splurge? of cos it will never be enugh............

1 hour ago, Guest cheapscate said:

You made the mistake already when you converted your hp plan some time back.

I kept the Singtel Classic 100 as long as I could and never switched to any other plan.

Last renewal they gave me 3 GB free on the same plan and even gave me a 55% off.

And I m not even a Pioneer. ha ha

hmm not sure how true this is, rare exception maybe.

my whole family is frugal, so we have been using the same classic plan since 90s,

all under my dad's name. my parents did not renew or change anything

so their bills cut by 55%, each only about 12sgd/mth

but the moment, you renew you have let go the old obsolete plan

and get a new one, these days called a "combo", either 1,2 or 3.

mine is about SGD50, as I renewed a while back for more data.
no discount given, because it's technically a new sign up.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

5 hours ago, tomcat said:

hmm not sure how true this is, rare exception maybe.

my whole family is frugal, so we have been using the same classic plan since 90s,

all under my dad's name. my parents did not renew or change anything

so their bills cut by 55%, each only about 12sgd/mth

but the moment, you renew you have let go the old obsolete plan

and get a new one, these days called a "combo", either 1,2 or 3.

mine is about SGD50, as I renewed a while back for more data.
no discount given, because it's technically a new sign up.

TC

S$50 is not a cheap combo 

and some could be living in an obsolete/imaginary world
(it is also naive to think that keeping a smart phone without changing them that cos i have experienced that if u keep using eg an old iphone 5 or 4 by just upgrading/updating the apps, it is not gonna work, cos the system cannot take the latest change) 

and usu the cheapest range of combo took up (eg mine) , the least possible Singtel will give u a Discount

the higher range u sign up w them , they will give u mobile discount and this n that

anyway, i choose not to have those, i took up the mthly needed ie cheapest

anyway this is the latest price plan from Singtel, i just noticed they claimed it is "improved" (mine combo 2 at corp rate) 

https://www.singtel.com/personal/products-services/mobile/postpaid-plans/combo

Many are ready to splurge on the new models byond iphone X or 8 in the coming quarters, i m still w an iphone 7

Some of you might say that as long as one is happy, pay doesn't matter.

I beg to differ, as the cost of living is pretty high in Singapore and unless you aim really low in life, who doesn't want to have a nice house and car to show off? As a gay man these benefits come easier compared to those who get married and have children. We can put more time into work because there is lack of distractions and most of men in the gay community are ruthless/sociopaths in nature. I believe in always aiming higher because that is also what keeps us going on. 

On 03/04/2018 at 9:14 PM, tomcat said:

edit:
sorry, i misread your question:

presently my monthly expense does not go beyond SGD800.

so when retired, it should be about the same or marginally higher.

since my partner and i are frugal now, it's not likely we will be spendthrifts in old age.

the only thing is that the earlier one retires, the larger the nest egg should be. 

so without going into specifics, i have set up some financial policies -  

these policies are varied and will mature, stagger payout from age 54 onwards.

so my plan is to semi-retire or fully retire by 50.

nothing too intense, maybe still do consulting, freelance or something like that.

however while all these policies are getting ready to pay-out, it is still important to save up liquid cash.

this is your rainy day stash, in case anything happens it will not affect and lapse the policies.

and using this stash, if i really want to, it is even possible if i want to retire earlier than 50

as long as i have enough liquid to maintain the policies until they mature.

when i was younger, i thought all this planning is so complicated.

but after committing the energy and research,

and finding a good caring agent who understands my needs, 

the next 30-40 years, right up until death can be planned for.

i think for gay men especially, who may or may not be protected by law

even if you are partnered, it is important to set up these safety nets 

but also my style of living now is very very minimal

there are months where i can get by with just SGD500 - 600 comfortably

allowing more money to go into the rainy day stash,

and if you park the money well, it can even roll over quietly.

for example, UOB One is a good financial product that is easy to maintain

once you are able to streamline and meet the criteria, 

you can get about SGD1200 - SGD2400 interest per year.

literally, free money.

Any dependent to support, such as aged parents?

I think those who don’t need are fortunate as that is a substantial sum which greatly affect one’s retirement plans

15 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

TC

S$50 is not a cheap combo 

and some could be living in an obsolete/imaginary world
(it is also naive to think that keeping a smart phone without changing them that cos i have experienced that if u keep using eg an old iphone 5 or 4 by just upgrading/updating the apps, it is not gonna work, cos the system cannot take the latest change) 

yah, the only reason i upgraded is because of my usage is high even though i try to streamline.

digital minimalism is a new area that i am trying to look into. but it is a real challenge for me, for example:

i am on the go, need to check design documents,

which mean immediately, need to download and then another app to open/review it.

my phone memory is also largely for the Outlook App (email)

since i am also managing another position at the SE,

my outlook is partitioned into two accounts, take up more space.

but still i take it as a blessing that i am able to work on the go, esp when i travel.
otherwise i am chained to my desk, or completely out of the loop.
and because dealing with emails on a phone can be tricky,

when i do actually sit down at my desk, i want to focus and get it all cleared.

so my parents and i are at the extreme ends of usage.
although i do still want to upgrade them, so that they have data outside.

but see how it goes.

here is a video on digital minimalism, which is a discussion still in its infancy

even amongst the minimalist communities.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

15 hours ago, Allegro said:

who doesn't want to have a nice house and car to show off?

we are the cause of own suffering, both present and future. case in point.

15 hours ago, Allegro said:

I believe in always aiming higher because that is also what keeps us going on. 

your belief is not misplaced actually - it is human nature to aspire. 
but if the things you have chosen to motivate you is money, material goods and to create envy in other people,

then not only are you creating suffering for yourself, but also spreading it to others.

careful what you choose in Life, without you knowing, it will become your Purpose.
it will be your undoing, because we will all be made accountable for our actions one day.

often we can lie to the world, some of us can even lie to ourselves

but we can never conceal and outwit karmic balance.

this actually applies even if you are not religious or spiritual
because it is more an interplay of chance, probability of events, cause and effect.

it is not cosmic, divine or mystical.

some food for thought.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Interesting.

One should not measure a person salary at a certain age, The Chinese saying "a flower won't bloom for a hundred days".

Whether one is earning well or not (again, comparison) -  one must always plan how to use the money wisely.

Count the blessings and not focus on what we are not having. Strive for improvement but do not be obsess with just money.  

tks tc for sharing on minimalist

and it reminds me of muji (not cheap but really reliable, in jp many go on minimalist house)

do note that i believe in quality , while i could go minimal

but @tomcat, though i m a google person , my accounts , my everything is all linked up, i dont usu google chrome n i still prefer to have some other non-google thing
(this is better for security issues shd something happened)

I noticed my mail (using iphone) connect to my Gmail may not have some functions at all, so i will use another web browser(on iphone) to open gmail, yes i have MORE than one email address, sometimes office issue Android phone , and android/non apple phones insisted that we must have a gmail to set things up, i couldnt be using my personal email/contact to open up, so i have to set up another gmail email to get thngs running - nevertheless i felt safer w iphone

eventually sg will also move into a digital world (we need more data, eg a utilities e- bill is no longer a pdf ecopy but a softcopy which u can touch and compare the proportion/weightable of utilities n to compare prev mths) n we r moving towards no-car day with a powerful mrt netwk
I m not sure r we off topic??!!!

many masters or mid-career (Whose kids are grown up) who r currently jobless will easily become a Grab/taxi driver, to me this is clearly NOT minimalist:  u wont need a car (a car is a v expensive item in sg) -- but based on the income of those above, they surely can afford even more

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6385378277124554752

we talked about taking grab cabs, data usage moving on to smart nation, no car day

after watching, hopefully TS will feel much better after a good laugh w his life goes on , closing this thread

how is TS feeling after so much discussion?

he mentioned,he quitted a big MNC w high pay

surviving w bak chor mee every meal (once a while a beer)

and ie his

and most imptly, he doesn't even has a car

(Why didn't he mention about fashion items or house or memberships/clubs etc? cos these items are not significant enough to mention in sg)

a car is the key- but many of  us here don't have it

Life is not about comparing income and letting others who have watches or cars to slam on u

https://www.channel8news.sg/news8/ca/hellosingapore/episodes/20180409-hs-futuresgspaceweb/3999962.html

dont ever believe that the midcareer conversion programme will gonna help , unless u dont mind starting from scratch:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/help-graduate-poor-break-out-of-underemployment-trap-10122674?cid=fbcna

the article highlighted the UNDEREMPLOYMENT issues:

"Surprisingly, despite their prior working experience, only half of these underemployed graduates felt that their skills were being recognised at work. More than three-quarter acknowledged that their employers recognised their educational qualifications.

Yet they were being grossly underpaid.

Based on a research sample of 1,626 Singapore workers, about 70 of them were considered severely underemployed. This group of underemployed were typically female (63 per cent) and of a median age of 35 years.

A majority of them (61 per cent) also had no children. They had 10 to 15 years of working experience and were employed by businesses that serve mainly the domestic market.
Why then, are they stucked?

They may have been too quick to take up any job offer that came their way, to bring in an income to pay for their bills and daily living expenses. 

This group may then find themselves stuck in that “lesser” job role and may find it increasingly difficult to venture out after settling in"

WAah I love the way so many here make it sound like every SHOULD be earning this and that by certain age and blah blah blah. Have you truly step out of your bubble imagination world and taste real life or chest thumping to indirect boast what you making ? The kind of salary you all seem to assume is a GIVEN or EXPECTATION written in stone for all. I have been reading this and the more I read the more out of phase heheh.... seriously??!!  Granted there are people making what they make but with specific data or consensus you  can just man assumption that this is how and why. $10 hard to live per day? Thanks to a certain boss I had who deceived me into using most of my earning on his business plan I lived on $10 per day for 2 years. I have in my early 20s made so much I was able to go clubbing and spend 4 figure each night. And I have taken on work for less as there were other benefits for why I did it. Running the gamut of all that and know people all my adult life of 30+ years I have seen enough to know age and earning, gender or yes even  gays.... you are not unique. Just like they use to say gays are so  creative and have great fashion sense blah blah blah.. well I am sure like me you have seen those who are not.

You earn what you earn base on what you  can do and in the real world looking around you every day at your office , hawker center and shopping mall you really think you are seen all the wealth are divided in generally to the way you think it s as in your gender, age and sexual orientation?????  The potential you can be who you are depend on you as an individual. What  can you NOT archive??? I also can tell you without ANYONE HERE telling me what I can possibly achieve in life. But look around and you see how silly all this high minded analysis is becoming. This is like belittling the masses,  telling people how much you are able to make and making those who do not get to those numbers as failures.... or worst. You want to set a standard for all to following? Then back that up with statistic and number not hearsay and emotion or ego. It's very disheartening that we have this further need to show little to no empathy and wisdom but a warp way to celebrate self-congratulatory.

But hey that's just my view on the general sentiment here reading between the lines.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

I am earning a decent $4k+ per month but to be honest i hate my job. I got my 2rm BTO (fully paid using cpf) last month and have set aside $50k for a victorian theme ID and furnitures. With no parents or family committement, few years down the road once i saved enough i will quit current job and take up few part time or freelance jobs to kill time and pay for utilities etc. That will provide me more freedom to relax and enjoy life. Bottomline is what are your priorities in life. Some worked hard day and night just to own a big house but end of the day also just sleep on a bed wah. I kinda pity the younger generation cos there's not much good paying jobs opportunities and this is the prime time of their life when they should be saving up for the next few big milestones in life but some can only find freelance or contract jobs...my advice for the didi is to save up (at least 1/3 of salary) to meet future needs and think carefully what you want to achieve in life. Everyone is born with different privileges so ok to be down to earth...otherwise get rich or die trying...

28 minutes ago, xcuez86 said:

I just quitted my job of salary 6k plus a month at the age of 31.. :( 

Whatever is the reason behind the decision I'm sure you would have thought about it carefully. When one door closed another opened... Just remember to seize new opportunity when you see one. Don't be afraid of joining new industry as collective job experiences will broaden your market value to take on senior position in your future career. Meanwhile just workout your finances to stretch every dollar you have. Always prepare for rainy days and watch your spendings till the next pay check comes in. Don't be shy to talk about the current in between jobs situtation with close friends cos they might have a lobang and can pull some strings for you. Take care.

Edited by windinthewillow

Guest Confused
40 minutes ago, xcuez86 said:

I just quitted my job of salary 6k plus a month at the age of 31.. :( 

You quit and found a better job?

Guest awkwardpenguin

Im confused as to the high expectation of salary one should earn and considers it a success if you earn 8.5k/mth or 150k/annual.

Im saying its high cuz im in my 30s and only earning 3k/mth, degree holder(sim) n 10years working experience. 

Should i be worried?

4 minutes ago, Guest awkwardpenguin said:

Im confused as to the high expectation of salary one should earn and considers it a success if you earn 8.5k/mth or 150k/annual.

Im saying its high cuz im in my 30s and only earning 3k/mth, degree holder(sim) n 10years working experience. 

Should i be worried?

You should not be worried. 

Whether or not it is enough, is based on your expenditure. If you earn little, spend little... thats all. I don't earn much, but I try to save as much as I can.

If you keep comparing salaries, there will be no end to the comparison. A chinese saying goes : There will always be one mountain higher.

Guest High aimer
1 hour ago, Guest awkwardpenguin said:

Should i be worried?

If in the 3k range should be the minimum upon reaching 30, you should aim higher and get promoted to the next range 4k-5k when you still have the energy and vitality asap. As a gay individual we dont have a wife or babies to get stressed over so should commit 101% of our energy into work and get promoted to as high as possible. I have seen married people with stress tired faces when they come to work in the morning, some can mask it well though. Obviously its due to family issurs so fuck them haha! We should step over them and not let them step over us.

On 4/15/2018 at 8:23 PM, Guest awkwardpenguin said:

Should i be worried?

there are a few indications even though it sounds like you should be earning slightly more given the info shared.

does the input match the output? meaning is the workload proportional to the income?
what industry are you in?

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

2 hours ago, tomcat said:

there are a few indications even though it sounds like you should be earning slightly more given the info shared.

does the input match the output? meaning is the workload proportional to the income?
what industry are you in?

watch out for tonite Ch8 news, they will address this underemployment issue 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/help-graduate-poor-break-out-of-underemployment-trap-10122674?cid=fbcna

Sometimes, we do need to jump around after a couple of years here and there to get that increased salary that we yearn for.

Plus some companies really do not treasure staff contributions and only wish to exploit you as much as possible.

Of course, as employees ourselves, we do need to stay motivated and contribute on our end as well.

I make around 4.4k including CPF and I'm 30. Don't feel particularly rich or poor. Just good enough to live my life comfortably. I'm content and grateful. Other than the occasional splurge on things I like, I don't spend on unnecessary stuff. And as a minimalist, I only get things of quality. Cheap products  = replacement often = cost more in the long run.

Guest not smart enough

no idea how 8500/month can be considered the average monthly pay for a gay men in his 30s, unless he's some management role already

i'm in my 30s, in a mid-senior role and am only earning 3XXX/month

and i know some AJ friends who are in their 40s and earning only 2XXX (since the industry doesn't pay so well)

10 hours ago, BranLim said:

I make around 4.4k including CPF and I'm 30. Don't feel particularly rich or poor. Just good enough to live my life comfortably. I'm content and grateful. Other than the occasional splurge on things I like, I don't spend on unnecessary stuff. And as a minimalist, I only get things of quality. Cheap products  = replacement often = cost more in the long run.

*hi-five* a fellow minimalist, it is very rare in the gay community, 

because excess seems to be a part of the mainstream gay lifestyle.

i think most minimalists are contented and grateful for what they have.

and the process of decluttering, distilling and refining

leads to Clarity and peace of mind.

often once the decluttering of material objects is done,

a minimalist will go through emotional, spiritual spring-cleaning too.

forgiving, making peace and letting go of these baggage as well.

the most common misconception that surrounds minimalists

is that we live in empty houses with 1 table and 1 teacup. 

sleep on the floor with tatami mat, haha.

minimalism is just about putting the effort and intention,

to realise and streamline exactly what you require.

nothing more, nothing less.

whatever is not needed can be acknowledged, given thanks to

and then let go, whether by recycling or donation, 

if you prescribe to the base Kon Marie method.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest LocalU

I am 30 this year getting $6.5k gross, 6 years working exp, finance dept (not banking) in a local company. 

But well need to support family and new place, not saving much. 

Greater power comes w greater responsibility.

Happy jiu hao!

Yes, some clearly stipulated they r earning x amt at current age

but some claimed when  at age xx yo, so and so was earning wat amt then?

but if one didnt mention his current age, we doesnt know when he said age 35yo was 2 years back or was it 20years back?

it makes a huge diffce and impact 

a 4k earned at 10yr+ back then is a huge diffce compared to now

it meant much more after we put in inflation/cost of living

I think it is within the human nature (especially gay man) to compare traits and possessions ie age, salary, number of cars, penis size, etc.

Within the general Asian culture, gay men are against the common society norm to marry a girl and continue the family line.

That is why subconsciously, some gay men try to compensate by working hard and excelling in career to generate sufficient income to validate their “worth” among their families and society. 

The truth is we do no need others’ validations to be alive and happy. However,  the pain of rejection and social stigma have made us build invisible wall to protect ourselves from shame and guilt. 

One must stop to do this, accept the situation and be free from guilt and shame. That is when we can stop comparing our lives with others and be content with the only life we have on earth.

kudos

Edited by Lemonjuice

1 hour ago, Guest LocalU said:

I am 30 this year getting $6.5k gross, 6 years working exp, finance dept (not banking) in a local company. 

But well need to support family and new place, not saving much. 

Greater power comes w greater responsibility.

Happy jiu hao!

6k gross is pretty good, but from experience if local company (sme), then you have to do everything when the work should have been shared among a few managers.

Sorry to say but at long as you’re not foreigners or expats working in singapore, your salart will not go above 2k, even if u have diploma or degree or OT as many hrs  or no matter what job u have. 

• Guest locked this topic