Male HQ

Mooncake

I wanted to learn how to make snow skin mooncake for the incoming moon cake festival. Youtube teaches the way to make it. I wonder anyone interested to do it together.

1 hour ago, -Ignored- said:

but u only want it the vegetarian way? non-excerciser like me love mooncakes as it is high in.........

I dont think mooncakes got any meat inside although i know some commercial mooncake put lard inside which i dont need to do it. If you are talking about high in calories. I most probably eat very little and share a whole lot with friends and families.

A traditional chinese chef will knw how to make it smell nice

yes lard is one way- but too many health conscious

and many slapped me for nt eatg egg yolks 

a traditionalist will u the yolk is a must!

an egg is life-takg to some vegetarian too

u need cooked glutinous rice flour to begin with (nt the raw flour)

1 hour ago, yoyo74 said:

I dont think mooncakes got any meat inside although i know some commercial mooncake put lard inside which i dont need to do it. If you are talking about high in calories. I most probably eat very little and share a whole lot with friends and families.

Btw a real mooncake lover will knw the variety of it though we may nt like all of it eg 金華火腿月餅 (though not in冰皮 version)

i thk baking biscuits can convey your intention

On 8/9/2018 at 12:01 PM, -Ignored- said:

Btw a real mooncake lover will knw the variety of it though we may nt like all of it eg 金華火腿月餅 (though not in冰皮 version)

i thk baking biscuits can convey your intention

The reason i choose snowskin is cause its easier to make. Dont need to go through the oven. Just put everything together and put in the refrigerator will do lol.

So far not started baking biscuits yet

8 minutes ago, yoyo74 said:

The reason i choose snowskin is cause its easier to make. Dont need to go through the oven. Just put everything together and put in the refrigerator will do lol.

So far not started baking biscuits yet

ok, asap do it and show us soon

12 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

ok, asap do it and show us soon

i want to look for people with same interest to do it together lol

Nt all younsters into mcakes and also u shd first start w someone who knws how to make

evn dont need an oven

u will need to get the cooked glutinous flour, the mould etc to start

gotten your lotus paste??

the space enugh to spread the flour

On 8/11/2018 at 7:36 AM, -Ignored- said:

Nt all younsters into mcakes and also u shd first start w someone who knws how to make

evn dont need an oven

u will need to get the cooked glutinous flour, the mould etc to start

gotten your lotus paste??

the space enugh to spread the flour

Ya i was hoping to make together with someone that already done it before. All those mould, pre mix flour and many kinds of paste can easily get from phoon huat.

On 8/15/2018 at 3:44 PM, -Ignored- said:

Eating moon cake is not my priority. My main purpose of doing this is to increase my skills in making food, be more independent in terms of cooking, and have the capablity to make some nice food for others to eat.

a person must be passionate about bringg gd tasty fd to the plate, hence they are passionate about culinary............

now u know why no1 responded?

a real mcake luver will surely know something abt mcake making 

i am passionate about learning new things and making my food tasty and it is this passion that is all i needed

Think i will make those snow skin moon cakes at early September. I might have someone joining me to make but told me too early to decide. Anyone interested to join me making different flavors of snowskin moon cakes or want to eat for free just message me. I want to try to make some flavor similar to those made by the hotels and will be creative to add my own ingredients.

Edited by yoyo74

3 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

Think i will make those snow skin moon cakes at early September. I might have someone joining me to make but told me too early to decide. Anyone interested to join me making different flavors of snowskin moon cakes or want to eat for free just message me. I want to try to make some flavor similar to those made by the hotels and will be creative to add my own ingredients.

Sounds interesting!

On 8/15/2018 at 7:16 AM, yoyo74 said:

Ya i was hoping to make together with someone that already done it before. All those mould, pre mix flour and many kinds of paste can easily get from phoon huat.

Phoon huat got hand on making courses can Use Skills Future Credit to learn hand on snowskin mooncake sessions. 

5 hours ago, Guest Noobs said:

Phoon huat got hand on making courses can Use Skills Future Credit to learn hand on snowskin mooncake sessions. 

no worry youtube teaches most of the things lol

i made lotus paste snowskin mooncakes last yr at my friend's place, no need oven at all.

this yr i got my durian puree and im making durian snowskin mooncakes. i also got all the moulds, containers, flours and ingredients ready le.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall..

• 2 weeks later...

My completed jackfruit lotus paste and coconut lotus paste mooncake. Brought it to my running group after running and they love it. Still got lots in my refrigerator. Anyone wants it just message me. Next year maybe i will try to make rainbow mooncake instead of just one skin colour.

41457210_1786137761506939_5468142818402762752_o.thumb.jpg.98114ea4d623a99cb78973652c561de5.jpg

On 9/9/2018 at 12:52 PM, yoyo74 said:

My completed jackfruit lotus paste and coconut lotus paste mooncake. Brought it to my running group after running and they love it. Still got lots in my refrigerator. Anyone wants it just message me. Next year maybe i will try to make rainbow mooncake instead of just one skin colour.

41457210_1786137761506939_5468142818402762752_o.thumb.jpg.98114ea4d623a99cb78973652c561de5.jpg

Nice, did you make the skin and paste from scratch or did you get the ready made pre-mix?

3 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

skin should be from scratch especially with "coconut" , more so from scratch

Paste hardly anyone do it from scratch, it should be ready paste

i will be impressed only if i get to hear who has tasted it and how are their reviews after 10 days

Skin i buy the premix flour, shortening, some flavor essence with color than add water and mix it all up. Paste i buy the ready made paste one.

On 9/16/2018 at 1:09 PM, repressednerd said:

You know what I'll be impressed with? A simple baked mooncake that looks like any ordinary mooncake but with a rainbow filling.

Next year i will make moon cake with rainbow skin. I seen the rainbow skin moon cake video too late after i already brought all those ingredients.

4 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

skin should be from scratch especially with "coconut" , more so from scratch

Paste hardly anyone do it from scratch, it should be ready paste

i will be impressed only if i get to hear who has tasted it and how are their reviews after 10 days

I had given most of the moon cake to my running group, my working colleague and one guys from bw forum i had never met also come and get it from me. So far all seem satisfy.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Last year i have successfully made coconut flavour and jackfruit flavour moon cakes. This year i will make lychee flavour and latte flavour mooncakes. The ingredients i have already brought. Like last year i will also be giving free mooncakes to other people. Maybe come make moon cakes with me as i not yet decide to make on which weekend. I am planning to make my moon cake rainbow colour.

Edited by yoyo74

On 8/26/2019 at 8:53 AM, yoyo74 said:

Last year i have successfully made coconut flavour and jackfruit flavour moon cakes. This year i will make lychee flavour and latte flavour mooncakes. The ingredients i have already brought. Like last year i will also be giving free mooncakes to other people. Maybe come make moon cakes with me as i not yet decide to make on which weekend. I am planning to make my moon cake rainbow colour.

Any agar agar mooncake making or to give away for for sale?

3 hours ago, p-2122 said:

Was thinking of making it on this weekend or next weekend. Last year i give all for free

25 minutes ago, yoyo74 said:

Was thinking of making it on this weekend or next weekend. Last year i give all for free

Wa so generous! Gimme ~ 🤗

1 hour ago, Kimochi said:

After finish making i will post here to see who wants free mooncakes.

Rainbow moon cake. Lychee flavor and Latte flavor completed. Thanks to one guy from here come to my place to learn it from me so we only use 3 hours to make it.

IMG_20190901_203737_644.jpg

IMG_20190901_203931_815.jpg

IMG_20190901_204049_188.jpg

IMG_20190901_204359_033.jpg

8 hours ago, Since u r here said:

nevermind , if didnt get to q, we have our own at home

P - 2122 , the mooncake is by YoYo, he mentioned he will post it here , i helped u to type lol!!!!

1) SURH

2) KIMOCHI DESHO 

3) P-2122

Gay rainbow moon cake is completed. Lychee and Latte flavour. I will give 4 to each person asking for it. Come arrange a time to get it before i distribute finish.

On 8/28/2019 at 7:50 PM, p-2122 said:

See above post its for free

On 8/29/2019 at 12:01 AM, Kimochi said:

Its completed

5 minutes ago, yoyo74 said:

Its completed

Wa I want to try try ~ where you? I go over try try ~

I pm you but think your inbox is full...  

Edited by Kimochi

42 minutes ago, yoyo74 said:

Rainbow moon cake. Lychee flavor and Latte flavor completed. Thanks to one guy from here come to my place to learn it from me so we only use 3 hours to make it.

IMG_20190901_203737_644.jpg

IMG_20190901_203931_815.jpg

IMG_20190901_204049_188.jpg

IMG_20190901_204359_033.jpg

SO BEAUTIFUL ~~~~~~ 😋

3 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

Wa I want to try try ~ where you? I go over try try ~

Just message and arrange a time with me to get it. My place is quite near MRT

15 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

Your inbox is full... 

I deleted some messages u can try send again

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.