Male HQ

Home Made Sandwiches...

Haha... the best sandwich is the one you made at home...

no no...not the bread and kaya + butter one although it's darn good if you stack up 3-4 slices of bread coated with alternate layers of butter and kaya...

and sweet hot coffee...

sometimes the simple breakfast is most satisfying...

but sandwiches like you seen them do at SubWay... for example...

of course, you have to visit the supermarket first for the meats, vegs, sauces, etc

bread, any square loaf will do for me... and if thicker is preferred, you can always get the thick cut slices loaf, or double layer it...

the nice thing about home made is you can chose what you want to put into the sandwich... be it smoked chicken... the yummiest... in case you haven't tried it... that one you need to have a very sharp carving knife to slice it like that on the small smoked chicken...

and the various types of cold cuts... and veg, sprinkle freshly ground pepper, some mayo and thousand island and relish..... ah... heaven...

:thumb:

Baloo, you are making my mouth water. One of my favourite homemade sandwich recipes consist of three slices of wholemeal bread, lightly toasted, with the layers in between the three slices topped with a mixture of mashed hard-boiled egg, mayonnaise, butter (or table margarine), sour cream (optional), on a bed of lettuce and sliced red tomatoes, seasoned with cracked black pepper, paprika, powdered oregano and a sprinkling of ground rosemary leaves. It may be loaded with calories and bad cholesterol but ... mmmmmm, just thinking of it is making me hungry ... :D

Edited by metalmickey

"I look upon those who would deny others the right to urge and argue their position, however irksome and pernicious they may seem, as intellectual and moral cowards."

-- William E. Borah

yes.... or tuna in mayo, or chicken in mayo.. hahah

especially chicken -- you know when at home sometimes, chicken is used to make chinese soup... and the soup is boiled till the chicken is almost tasteless - all extracted to the soup already... mostly, will just drink the soup and discard the chicken becos it will be so corse and dry...

I will salvage that and mix it wif mayo and pepper, walla... chicken mayo.. perfect for sandwiches with lettuce and sliced tomato...

heh... i tend to add tobasco sauce onto the mix sometimes too.. it works wonders to add oomph to the taste...

OB swears by LupCheong's home-made egg sandwiches, which he had bought to a few BW events...

... though we had been wondering the origin of the whitish cream in his sandwiches, as he stated that he needed around 1 week to prepare them :P

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

OB swears by LupCheong's home-made egg sandwiches, which he had bought to a few BW events...

... though we had been wondering the origin of the whitish cream in his sandwiches, as he stated that he needed around 1 week to prepare them :P

LupCheong's secret ingredient? :lol:

"I look upon those who would deny others the right to urge and argue their position, however irksome and pernicious they may seem, as intellectual and moral cowards."

-- William E. Borah

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.