Male HQ

Kon Lo Meen From Instant Noodles

You can buy it now... just follow instructions and you get pretty salty (imho) but tasty kon lo meen (dry noodles) at home...

But my entire stock of packet noodles at home is the soup type (and prior to intro of this variation, there wasn't any, many years ago) and even more, i sometimes buy the 'noodle' only type noodles, not necessary 'instant'... cheep ma... :)

since young, my grandma had done this for me... kon lo meen, with instant noodles (it's fast to cook, hee hee... especially for growing kid)

i dunno about you, but my kitchen always have this pot of oil that is pre-cooked with shallots and garlic... and is damn flavourful and fragrant... from peanut oil base... and sometimes corn oil based... in my current home, the same is prepared... good for EVERYTHING you cook that needed oil haha...

well, you boil the instant noodles as per normal. as the water is heated to boil, you use a dished plate, and put in about 1 table spoon of oil, sprinkle a few drops of sesame seed oil as well (i.e. 2 types of oil)... add about half teaspoon of soy sauce and a tablespoon of oyster sauce... and 3 tablespoons of tomato ketchup and garlic chilli sauce to taste... for good measure, i also sometimes sprinkle garlic powder and pepper over this mix...

and the noodles are drained and mixed 'dry' into this dish... soup base is added to the soup, and you can crack an egg in, wif veg to have the soup/veg separately in a bowl, or take out the veg to decorate the noodles... very very fast, and so different from the run-of-the-mill packet everything... and not so salty even, if you use reduced salt soy sauce, and go easier on the oyster sauce...

on this base, sometimes i even boil in a hot dog, or slice of ham into the soup to heat it up, and garnish on the mixed noodles later...

fun to play with variations of this food... hahaha...

b

Edited by Baloo

Baloo, I want the brand of noodles you are talking about and better still...I WANT PICS.

Staying alone, and when I am often tired of going out to eat you kon lo mee sounds very good. :)

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

Tuan Lungker

I only buy 2 brands of instant noodles... Myojo, and Koka.

And from Koka, I only like the Tom Yam flavour... (this one I make the soup style with an egg, veg and slice of spam)... heavenly...

for the kon lo meen, i use... Myojo of course...

I go for the Chicken Tanmien or Abolone Chicken, or the cheeper Onion Chicken - recently, they changed a bit and came up with 2 types of myojo packages, one pack of 5, the 'original packing' i.e. yellow themed chicken tanmien goes for 50 cents more than the new packaged Onion Chicken flavour. The quantity of the noodles also different after trying out the two... as is the quality... you dun believe, you try... the more expensive tastes better, and more...

I got so many packets of the 'soup base' as i do not use it these days... anyone wants? I can give it you ... I dun throw them away... in case some days i just go nuts... and just want to have plain soup with an egg, or veg.... or even tomatoes and silken toufu ... to go wif leftover rice...

can be a very simple and even wholesome meal if you put in the right ingredients to boil wif it...

:lol:

u want pics of the packet noodles or the kon lo meen i made?

not a pretty sight ... hahaha...

OK, now I understand.

You can give me all the soup base when you buy me and panda dinner after David Cook win American Idol.

I like everything saltish (go ahead, get the wrong idea :D ) and can also add them to my Maggie instant porridge. I am so poor, I survived on instant noodles and porridge. Cannot even afford to add eggs. :lol:

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.