Male HQ

Survey on the Gay Army Experience

Ell

Hello everyone!

I'm back again a year later with a new survey that I would greatly appreciate your help on.

I'm a Year 3 student from NTU and I need as many responses as I can for my final project that revolves around the topic of hypermasculinity in the Singapore Army as well as the lived experiences of being a gay soldier. Being a topic that every queer male in Singapore can relate with, the ultimate goal of this project is to challenge the longstanding ideas of masculinity within the context of National Service and to also normalise the homosexual army experience. I believe that all of you would be able to share even more insights on this topic. 

As this is an anonymous qualitative survey, please expect 6 open-ended questions that shouldn't take more than 5 - 7 minutes to complete. Your detailed accounts and memories of surviving NS would be awesome. Please feel free to be as honest/direct as you like! :)

https://tinyurl.com/gaysingaporeanson

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

xx

Edited by Ell