Male HQ

My Work Life Growing Pain (Merged all post from the same TS)

Guest finally

Guest Thank you
4 hours ago, Guest MYOB said:

Just do your work lah. Why waste time thinking about what other people think? 

Thank you. I will focus on my work. Do as per usual. Hopefully they will understand. Dun care what ppl say as long as I never do bad things to other ppl.

Guest Thank you
3 hours ago, Guest Bui En said:

LOL who cares ? Theres more to life than work lah.

Thank you. During work i will give my 100%. After work i will give my other life 100% treatment too. Will not let my work affected me after work. 

7 hours ago, Guest headache said:

I really work hard to help everyone, almost to the best I can. I never angry with anyone. When I work fast, I really just focus on my work and less looking at people. Why people are so fucking sensitive. I thought I am the only one that is overthinking. I'm so fucking tired of being misunderstood. I hate of being accused of something I didn't do just because I didn't look at you or overlooking you? or maybe I overthink? maybe they never say anything? or maybe I just overthinking? How can I find peace? My head going to blow up soon.

There is something wrong if your head is going to blow up soon.

What type of work you do that it must be done so fast,  and why people expect that you should be looking at them?

Guest Headache
16 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

There is something wrong if your head is going to blow up soon.

What type of work you do that it must be done so fast,  and why people expect that you should be looking at them?

I can't tell. There's only a few of such job n its quite sensitive to public. What I can "similarised it" (sorry for my choice of words) is to washing dishes. When you have a bulk of dishes to wash, need to do fast so that other section have clean plates. Well I used to work fast sort of hyperactive kind. My senior also work fast. But he's on fasting this month. N he told me ever just said "just don't mind me" when ppl think you are angry when u work fast. I have really slow down before but i really wanted to clear up fast to help them during this period. N this lady mistaken I not happy because they are slow during fasting. 

I can't pay 100% attention to everyone when I wanted to work fast. Is like a tunnel focus. I just 100% focus clearing the dishes. Cant stop. Dun bother the little things sort of. After i finished. Shit. I noticed She's not happy. Then realised i skipped looking at her. Haiz

Guest Quit lah.

Sounds like the same topics that have been created several times within a month by the same person who die die didn't want to quit his job and still whine about his colleagues and workplace. 

Guest Headache
3 minutes ago, Guest Quit lah. said:

Sounds like the same topics that have been created several times within a month by the same person who die die didn't want to quit his job and still whine about his colleagues and workplace. 

I cant be the only one in the world that work fast n didnt talk during work. So I must persistent in my working style. Hard to please everyone. Just like my retired senior told me just do what i think is right. As long as I mean no harm n one day they will understand. 

• G_M changed the title to My Work Life Growing Pain (Merged all post from the same TS)
On 4/27/2019 at 9:02 PM, GoodMan654 said:

sometime life is quite meaningless. work and then go back home. repeat the process again.

that's life. 

Life is a "suffered ring".

U 've a choice to break it.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

3 hours ago, Guest Headache said:

I cant be the only one in the world that work fast n didnt talk during work. So I must persistent in my working style. Hard to please everyone. Just like my retired senior told me just do what i think is right. As long as I mean no harm n one day they will understand. 

Is your work description to make her happy?   If you are in a senior position, tell her that you are not happy about her not being happy.

If she is still not happy, then have her fired. And thereafter happily concentrate on your work.

Guest Ice Look Headache

I feel abit relief today. I know its my bad. When I added a bit of chit chat, when I show concern by asking are you alright? Follow by a hug.  Name +can? It makes ppl feel not so stress. I think they think I'm angry. But when I say it out something like the above which I learnt from them and thicken my skin, it is making a different. Although not use to it with those words, I hope can continue to learn more new words to break the ice n continue using it n express myself verbally more n more. I hope it is not too late to change myself.

Guest Stimulating
4 minutes ago, Guest Ice Look Headache said:

I feel abit relief today. I know its my bad. When I added a bit of chit chat, when I show concern by asking are you alright? Follow by a hug.  Name +can? It makes ppl feel not so stress. I think they think I'm angry. But when I say it out something like the above which I learnt from them and thicken my skin, it is making a different. Although not use to it with those words, I hope can continue to learn more new words to break the ice n continue using it n express myself verbally more n more. I hope it is not too late to change myself.

Good to wayang around.  Work life is about wayang and you can only be truly yourselves after you reached home, let your feet up and your hair down and than followed by a good mustabation to release that tight feelings inside of you. But, you still have to face TOMMORROW. 

Guest Ice Look Headache
23 minutes ago, Guest Stimulating said:

Good to wayang around.  Work life is about wayang and you can only be truly yourselves after you reached home, let your feet up and your hair down and than followed by a good mustabation to release that tight feelings inside of you. But, you still have to face TOMMORROW. 

When I reached home, I dun talk to anyone. Just talking online in this forum if that counts. Is that really true? That every one is just wayang? Even if they are being nice to you? I feel a sudden goosebump already. No wonder they say no one is obliged to show kindness to you. Only your parents will love you no matter what. N i would like to add that a dog also will love you no matter what. 

Guest Piss off or not

I'm not sure whether I'm pissed off or what. or just holding up trying to suppress my anger. This lady colleague of mine taking mc again. Last week was saying she will postpone her task to next week which is today but then today take mc and next 3 days on leave. Maybe I overthink. but man. already short of manpower. lost 2 manpower already. really tired today. 

the one that I hated the most is that she said one thing but do another.  

4 hours ago, Guest Piss off or not said:

I'm not sure whether I'm pissed off or what. or just holding up trying to suppress my anger. This lady colleague of mine taking mc again. Last week was saying she will postpone her task to next week which is today but then today take mc and next 3 days on leave. Maybe I overthink. but man. already short of manpower. lost 2 manpower already. really tired today. 

the one that I hated the most is that she said one thing but do another.  

Any chance of whistleblowing?

Speaking loudly, suffers softly. Smiles so wide, cuts unseen inside.

Bitin' the bullet, but never kick the bucket.

Guest Piss off or not
5 hours ago, feedersmiracle said:

Any chance of whistleblowing?

I think supervisor knows. He has to clear the task because duedate is this week. And I have to clear the remaining half. Other staff knows also. But then the director can't do anything. She has the right to take mc even if she is sick, not so sick or faking sick. But I feel she has no responsibility by doing this. Last fri relax relax, give excuse dun do. Postpone mon. But mon take mc. N subsequently 3 days on leave. 

I know we can't do anything. She will give the excuse she's very sick, vomitting, not eating n blah blah. Even mouth sore also take mc. I dunno which doc can get mc so easily. If not critical I just hope dun take mc in critical time. I work ot with her on sun. N she looked just fine. Maybe sick afterward i dunno. 

15 minutes ago, Guest Piss off or not said:

I think supervisor knows. He has to clear the task because duedate is this week. And I have to clear the remaining half. Other staff knows also. But then the director can't do anything. She has the right to take mc even if she is sick, not so sick or faking sick. But I feel she has no responsibility by doing this. Last fri relax relax, give excuse dun do. Postpone mon. But mon take mc. N subsequently 3 days on leave. 

I know we can't do anything. She will give the excuse she's very sick, vomitting, not eating n blah blah. Even mouth sore also take mc. I dunno which doc can get mc so easily. If not critical I just hope dun take mc in critical time. I work ot with her on sun. N she looked just fine. Maybe sick afterward i dunno. 

What sector you working in?

Speaking loudly, suffers softly. Smiles so wide, cuts unseen inside.

Bitin' the bullet, but never kick the bucket.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Piss off or not
On 5/14/2019 at 7:01 AM, feedersmiracle said:

What sector you working in?

I can't say. but labor intensive. I wish I can be always happy...instead a solemn face. A lot of advice given. but I still can't be 100% happy no matter what. or in other word to be 100% sociable to people. I like to keep to myself. but why people always have to think that there is a problem. I mean everyone sure got someone they don't like in the office but is just that people don't tell directly. a joker's face. I dun like to interact much and of course to certain people, I try to minimize as much as possible to avoid conflicts. then there is this aunty that they dun like to talk much either because she has speech n other problem. why never complain about her for not talking to her??? why must always want my attention??? I'm not your bf. just a colleague. and we are working. what sort of attention you want to seek, just because u like to talk during work doesn't mean other like to...

Guest Piss off or not
9 hours ago, FattChoy said:

This belongs to the Flaming Room.

I'm sorry. Just want to let out my feelings. Always me me me. Why always target me? I'm not the only guy in company. If u felt ppl are ignoring you, cannot approach other ppl meh? All the heavy things we covered 7788. Simple things also need ppl to help? I do you sit down rest. U do u not happy ppl rest. Then like that we guys will be exhausted to death. Complain ppl ignoring you only because u want ppl to do your simple job. Other guys ard, u act strong. Can do. No prblm. Im ard, act tired. Need help. Ppl ignoring her. 

Guest Piss off or not
5 hours ago, Guest Annoyed said:

Time to retire old man.

Today I'm quite okay. My brain cloud gone already. A bit social. Take up d courage to talk to her. Ask her dun mind me on how I work. Is just d way im working n being an introvert myself I dun talk much. But i did talk considerably alot just now. Not sure how much energy left that allows me to be sociable. Communicate wif her a bit n understand her condition. Hopefully all end well

Guest Prison worker
1 hour ago, Guest Piss off or not said:

Today I'm quite okay. My brain cloud gone already. A bit social. Take up d courage to talk to her. Ask her dun mind me on how I work. Is just d way im working n being an introvert myself I dun talk much. But i did talk considerably alot just now. Not sure how much energy left that allows me to be sociable. Communicate wif her a bit n understand her condition. Hopefully all end well

Your work life centered on other people's approval. I doubt u can last lonf in that company. If continue like that u will end up in IMH.

Guest Piss off or not
3 minutes ago, Guest Prison worker said:

Your work life centered on other people's approval. I doubt u can last lonf in that company. If continue like that u will end up in IMH.

Time really flies and its already close to 3 years. Talk to my senior abt it n he has different opinion abt her. In d end dun know who's piss off with who yesterday. I heard she said my senior piss off with her for being slow. And I abit zen n relax. But deep down blaming "you seelah you put me here and I cant help with the rest of the work". After communicate with her, i pity her for doing many things. Thought to talk to my senior but my senior said she always start slow so give her more work to do. N then only to realise there is another big snake whos doing nothing much this morning cause closed shop already but never help her. N because I didnt talk much ppl thought I'm angry. But really piss off with such ppl, I mean the big snake. You know morning nothing to do but never help with her who has to do 2 areas. What kind of ppl is like that? 

Guest Piss off or not
1 minute ago, Guest Piss off or not said:

Time really flies and its already close to 3 years. Talk to my senior abt it n he has different opinion abt her. In d end dun know who's piss off with who yesterday. I heard she said my senior piss off with her for being slow. And I abit zen n relax. But deep down blaming "you seelah you put me here and I cant help with the rest of the work". After communicate with her, i pity her for doing many things. Thought to talk to my senior but my senior said she always start slow so give her more work to do. N then only to realise there is another big snake whos doing nothing much this morning cause closed shop already but never help her. N because I didnt talk much ppl thought I'm angry. But really piss off with such ppl, I mean the big snake. You know morning nothing to do but never help with her who has to do 2 areas. What kind of ppl is like that? 

And when talking to him the snake still has to act like nothing.

Guest Piss off or not

When big snake not doing work n helping can escape free with no punishment or disciplinary action what kind of messages it sent out to the rest of us? Well we can do like that in the future. N we can always quote the example that he can also do that. 

On 2/27/2019 at 5:22 AM, Guest finally said:

I have a colleague keep on dropping heavy object on the floor. one day like usual I help him pick up the heavy object, I strain my back. I took mc for 2 days. when I came back to work, my senior ask me the details of the incident. He and another colleague also like wondering why he always keeps on dropping the heavy object so frequently.

Guest finally (or whatever name you have now) there can be finally a solution to your problem.

After your colleague drops the heavy object on the floor again,  hopefully a 45 lb. iron plate,  you lift it and courteously bring it back to him.  Then by "accident" the object slips from your hands and falls on the foot of your colleague.   Do it where the place is hard cement, so that the object breaks at least three bones in his foot and he has to take a six months leave.  Then you will finally have peace, and us too! 

Guest Finally
4 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Guest finally (or whatever name you have now) there can be finally a solution to your problem.

After your colleague drops the heavy object on the floor again,  hopefully a 45 lb. iron plate,  you lift it and courteously bring it back to him.  Then by "accident" the object slips from your hands and falls on the foot of your colleague.   Do it where the place is hard cement, so that the object breaks at least three bones in his foot and he has to take a six months leave.  Then you will finally have peace, and us too! 

I think there will be no peace as long as we are working in a group of ppl with diff background, character, personality, level, races, age group, gender, n nationality. One thing coming after another one. Well I'm not perfect either. I am also part of their prblm/annoyance/topic of gossips. And the ppl who gossips /scolding/mocking/accusing/blaming/being pissed off also not perfect either. The more i open up myself n mingle with those ppl that I usually dun interact so much, the more I hear abt others. N realised well they are not perfect either. I think gossiping becomes somehow a channel or outlet for them to vent out their exasperation n frustration. Without gossiping, I think they will go crazy. Not everyone like me who are so fortunate to have this forum to vent out my feelings n have forumer like Steve who always follow my growing pain in my worklife n readily gave his golden pc of advice to me. Really appreaciate for your attention to me. Without you respnding to me I think I will go crazy. 

Guest motivate not demotivate!

Yes, but in my point the issues are quite petty and result in your personal lack of not knowing that other workers just have different working attitudes and mentalities. You will meet workers who think they excelled in the job but in reality their output is below normal standard. Our company just had this with a new staff, who was made to resign after 3 months. He thought that he does a great job whereas he was slow and on parts lazy and always last minute work and the fact that his contract was not continued came to light, when he even asked for a "reference letter" which the boss refused to issue to him because it was not justified.

But in your set up I just see the lack to motivate people to try to perform better. You or your superior seem not to be able to instill some responsibility to work with more motivation and pride. (maybe a result of very low pay). Why don't you implement a "worker of the week" scheme and name the better guys and give them some gratification, like 50 Dollar voucher. I bet the other workers would stride to do better in the long term.

second: your posts reflect a lonely character. Just find someone like a bf or other gay friend to talk about your personal reflections from work.

First we do not always understand your point and second it is quite tiring to read this day to day.

Sure, I can move on to the next thread but I m not sure if it had not been better if you can talk about your work issues with a good friend or even your supervisor.

It is a bit tiring for the rest to read all this every day....  but it doesn't bring us much, if we read about the flaws of worker x and the other flaws of worker z....

If we all here start to write like a diary about our work day to day issues, then Blowing Wind would really need to buy a very big cloud.

Guest Got it
3 hours ago, Guest motivate not demotivate! said:

Yes, but in my point the issues are quite petty and result in your personal lack of not knowing that other workers just have different working attitudes and mentalities. You will meet workers who think they excelled in the job but in reality their output is below normal standard. Our company just had this with a new staff, who was made to resign after 3 months. He thought that he does a great job whereas he was slow and on parts lazy and always last minute work and the fact that his contract was not continued came to light, when he even asked for a "reference letter" which the boss refused to issue to him because it was not justified.

But in your set up I just see the lack to motivate people to try to perform better. You or your superior seem not to be able to instill some responsibility to work with more motivation and pride. (maybe a result of very low pay). Why don't you implement a "worker of the week" scheme and name the better guys and give them some gratification, like 50 Dollar voucher. I bet the other workers would stride to do better in the long term.

second: your posts reflect a lonely character. Just find someone like a bf or other gay friend to talk about your personal reflections from work.

First we do not always understand your point and second it is quite tiring to read this day to day.

Sure, I can move on to the next thread but I m not sure if it had not been better if you can talk about your work issues with a good friend or even your supervisor.

It is a bit tiring for the rest to read all this every day....  but it doesn't bring us much, if we read about the flaws of worker x and the other flaws of worker z....

If we all here start to write like a diary about our work day to day issues, then Blowing Wind would really need to buy a very big cloud.

Got it. I guess the worklife growing pain diary will have to be stopped now...

8 hours ago, Guest Finally said:

I think there will be no peace as long as we are working in a group of ppl with diff background, character, personality, level, races, age group, gender, n nationality. One thing coming after another one. Well I'm not perfect either. I am also part of their prblm/annoyance/topic of gossips. And the ppl who gossips /scolding/mocking/accusing/blaming/being pissed off also not perfect either. The more i open up myself n mingle with those ppl that I usually dun interact so much, the more I hear abt others. N realised well they are not perfect either. I think gossiping becomes somehow a channel or outlet for them to vent out their exasperation n frustration. Without gossiping, I think they will go crazy. Not everyone like me who are so fortunate to have this forum to vent out my feelings n have forumer like Steve who always follow my growing pain in my worklife n readily gave his golden pc of advice to me. Really appreaciate for your attention to me. Without you respnding to me I think I will go crazy. 

If so, I will keep responding to you because I don't want you to go crazy!  May I suggest an antidote?

There is a realistic thought that our soul is nothing more than the control center of a human body,  and once the body is gone so are we, its soul.  All living creatures we share this cruel reality of nature, without exceptions.  Think this about your work environment.  In a little of a few hundred years your workplace and all people there will have disappeared into non-existence, and completely forgotten (if remembered means anything).  WE ARE INSIGNIFICANT.   Rather than negative, this is a POSITIVE thought because it puts things into perspective.  All your work peers, even the most odious and nasty, are fellow companions in this disgrace of being insignificant and irrelevant, one day vanishing into nothingness.  So... what is the point in feeling bad about them?  Shouldn't you not feel instead some empathy for them?  If they are more smart, more dumb, more hard working, more lazy than oneself,  what does this matter?    In the continuous present, what matters is that you have a job that provides you income for your subsistence.  As long as you are satisfied that you get paid the value of your work and your boss thinks the same, what is there to worry?

I get pissed off at work with assholes too. But I learned they are not worth much of my time after work. I honestly dont care much if some of them fall off a cliff.

There are much nicer things to think about.

Guest Neh Neh

If feel so stress, better tell your boss. So your boss can prepare to hire more or manage better the situation.

If boss management quality is bad and choose to ignore a real problem, the company unlikely will last long. You better leave the job.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.