Male HQ

What is the little things that you do to make you happy everyday?

Guest Happy

Guest Happy

I realised that the reason why I'm always 

with a stoned face n expressionless is because I feel that there is no meaning to life. What am I looking forward to? Another meal? Another episode of drama? Another day of work? How do you keep yourself going through another day? What is the little things you do to keep you happy? Even though I have gratitude towards the life that I have but I'm still can't find the meaning in my life to keep me going. I'm seeing everyone in the mrt station so engrossed with their daily life. So happy. Seems like they all have a place to go to. A purpose. But I'm finding myself so detached from the world. People are walking fast passing me and I feel like I'm the only one that is still standing still. Observing them pass me by. 

Im guessing they all have their worries too. Did they also question the same thing like me? 

Guest Happy

with a stoned face n expressionless is because I feel that there is no meaning to life. What am I looking forward to? Another meal? Another episode of drama? Another day of work? How do you keep yourself going through another day? What is the little things you do to keep you happy? Even though I have gratitude towards the life that I have but I'm still can't find the meaning in my life to keep me going. I'm seeing everyone in the mrt station so engrossed with their daily life. So happy. Seems like they all have a place to go to. A purpose. But I'm finding myself so detached from the world. People are walking fast passing me and I feel like I'm the only one that is still standing still. Observing them pass me by. 

Im guessing they all have their worries too. Did they also question the same thing like me? 

You are having an existential crisis. 

This means that you need to find and understand yourself and why you wish to continue being in this world.

Make friends, look for new hobbies. Read something, learn something. 

As much as humans want to not have any human interaction with other humans, oddly enough, they need it to thrive.

Someone once told me: If you have no worries, then your life has no meaning.

Edited by feedersmiracle

Speaking loudly, suffers softly. Smiles so wide, cuts unseen inside.

Bitin' the bullet, but never kick the bucket.

Things that I wanna buy happen to be on offer.

Funny Messages from friends.

Programs that I like to watch happen to run or rerun on pay TV.

Cheat meals.

Enough sleep.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

A little flower on the sidewalk; literally

A song triggering a happy memory

An unexpected moment of creativity...even if it is just an infantile rhyming poem with meaning that pops into my head

The joy in someone’s face when all I did was showing simple kindness

The surprise aroma of a new coffee bean mix at my favourite coffee shop

An appropriate message from my telepathic friend

The friendly smile from a stranger just because I opened the door and let them walk first

oh Wow! The list is endless.....:)

Dear TS, thanks for a stimulating question that reminded me how much I have to be grateful for! :wub:

For me when I wake up I'm always grateful to the Universe for allowing me the chance to see and seize the day. For a start practicing mindfulness help in realising your purpose in life. 

Surround yourself with positive people, make new friends, new hobbies... 

4 hours ago, Guest Happy said:

Any Religion can help you.

understand urself more, see what is ur interest in and set a goal in life and works towards it..

for example:

by 30yo, u wanna travel how many countries, list down it..

by 40yo, u wanna have ur own house..

by 50yo, how much saving in bank..etc etc..

of cos the goal u set might not b materialised in the end, at least u got a direction and works towards it..if u cant achieve 100% u might b achieving 75%, then give urself an applause too..sometimes dun be too hard to urself..be grateful that what u have..;)

Admire the beautiful sights like beautiful clouds and calming blue skies. Gaze and touch the flowers. Touch and pamper the cats in the neighbourhood.

Enjoy good company with friends. Need to make more friends though haha.

Edited by Gardien76

Guest happy

I know that happy is have to be from within. checking and expecting replies from this thread becomes the little happy things that I do. 

Just watching half way through the movie 29+1. but it is in cantonese. there is one part where Chrissie Chau burst out and pour out her heart, I feel so resonated with her. 

On 5/12/2019 at 7:12 PM, Guest Happy said:

understand how u feel. i have nothing to look forward to. at late 20s most of my friends have all moved on to their next stage in life. so i more or less have no friends to hang out with now and spend all my time at home alone. 

i guess i look forward to work just to see this cute guy in my office but not like i can get anything out of it. other that that, my work is boring so i more or less dont look forward to work. 

i guess you could say that im looking forward to end the day with a good sleep. in fact not to just end the day, more of, i just want to sleep. ive been so tired lately. i just want to sleep and not do anything anymore.. 

How about creating pockets of own happiness - doing a gd piece of project, volunteering to help a colleague who deserves it; reading an eye-opening article, spending time with parents, treating urself to a slice of cake.....

Guest Activate yourself

Contributing to gay activism? Or any cause in whatever little ways you can. Tap into the flow of life and people.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Guest
On 5/13/2019 at 7:59 PM, lonely57 said:

understand how u feel. i have nothing to look forward to. at late 20s most of my friends have all moved on to their next stage in life. so i more or less have no friends to hang out with now and spend all my time at home alone. 

i guess i look forward to work just to see this cute guy in my office but not like i can get anything out of it. other that that, my work is boring so i more or less dont look forward to work. 

i guess you could say that im looking forward to end the day with a good sleep. in fact not to just end the day, more of, i just want to sleep. ive been so tired lately. i just want to sleep and not do anything anymore.. 

how are you feeling nowadays? Any improvement?

On 5/12/2019 at 7:12 PM, Guest Happy said:

I imagine everyone wonders about purpose and existence of the deep philosophical kind now and then. The choice of reaction though, is arbitrary. To me, there's no need to choose to interpret it negatively. Not that it is wrong, just that it isn't helpful or skillful, isn't in tune with what we inherently want to pursue--a state of well-being.

And yes, everyone has worries and not everyone is as purposeful as they look in public transit. Try to be kind and empathic to other whenever the situation allows us to. I think it contributes to everyone's general happiness.

2 hours ago, PlayersGroup said:

And yes, everyone has worries and not everyone is as purposeful as they look in public transit. Try to be kind and empathic to other whenever the situation allows us to. I think it contributes to everyone's general happiness.

Why should a person want to TRY to do things with DELIBERATE MOTIVE?  To be truly happy, is to allow one to flow freely and effortlessly instead of allowing oneself to be bothered by any situation of sorts. 

1 hour ago, Guest huh? said:

Why should a person want to TRY to do things with DELIBERATE MOTIVE?  To be truly happy, is to allow one to flow freely and effortlessly instead of allowing oneself to be bothered by any situation of sorts. 

Nice Zen answer.

Try, don't try. Deliberate, not deliberate. Dried shit stick.

Edited by PlayersGroup

5 hours ago, Guest huh? said:

To  TRY to do things with DELIBERATE MOTIVE is a natural consequence of being living creatures. If we could be inanimate matter, like a piece of rock, no effort nor motive would be necessary. 

The culprit of all this is the principle of cause and effect.  If we want some effect,  nearly without exception we have to procure a cause.   And if the effect is to be truly happy, we need a cause, of which there are several.    If to flow freely and effortlessly could lead to happiness, we would need to have been born with perfect feelings and emotions, because in the way we all are, BAD feelings and emotions are inevitable.  

An easy and simple cause of happiness is in our mind.  We can do some introspection with meditation and cultivate the feeling of happiness.  We surely have had moments of happiness,  and we can recall them in our mind, in good detail, exactly like we have such happy moment at this time.   And in this meditation we convince ourselves that we ARE happy, that it is in our reach to be happy when we so desire. 

Guest huh????????
6 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

To  TRY to do things with DELIBERATE MOTIVE is a natural consequence of being living creatures. If we could be inanimate matter, like a piece of rock, no effort nor motive would be necessary. 

The culprit of all this is the principle of cause and effect.  If we want some effect,  nearly without exception we have to procure a cause.   And if the effect is to be truly happy, we need a cause, of which there are several.    If to flow freely and effortlessly could lead to happiness, we would need to have been born with perfect feelings and emotions, because in the way we all are, BAD feelings and emotions are inevitable.  

An easy and simple cause of happiness is in our mind.  We can do some introspection with meditation and cultivate the feeling of happiness.  We surely have had moments of happiness,  and we can recall them in our mind, in good detail, exactly like we have such happy moment at this time.   And in this meditation we convince ourselves that we ARE happy, that it is in our reach to be happy when we so desire. 

It is Singapore breakfast time, why force us to east a large bowl of salad?  Can you take it back and give us something simple like a slice of buttered bread and a cup of hot coffee?

2 hours ago, Guest huh???????? said:

It is Singapore breakfast time, why force us to east a large bowl of salad?  Can you take it back and give us something simple like a slice of buttered bread and a cup of hot coffee?

Why would I force you to eat a large bowl of salad for breakfast?  Buttered bread and a cup of hot coffee is much better.  And even better with some added protein, like eggs, or even better, the coffee but no food, to postpone eating until lunch and get some healthy 16 hours or so of intermittent fasting.

Guest huh???????
2 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Why would I force you to eat a large bowl of salad for breakfast?  Buttered bread and a cup of hot coffee is much better.  And even better with some added protein, like eggs, or even better, the coffee but no food, to postpone eating until lunch and get some healthy 16 hours or so of intermittent fasting.

Because when I open this forum to read the comments, as part of my morning routine,  I saw you serving us a huge bowl of salad words. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.