Male HQ

Pig's Leg 豚足 豚脚

I like to eat [Pig's Leg 豚足 豚脚] very much and it is one of my favorites. Can someone tell me if it has high quantity or fat ? Or the fat has been boiled and taken away ? I know it has a lot of collegen but worry is they still contain the fats ? I need to look after my body and not letting it go up so please advise me if you know.

Haha, I thought you were going to ask how to cook it.

Fat content = I am sure there would be a lot of fats in that dish, but if you eat it once in a while, like everything else, it would be fine wouldn't it? Maybe once or twice a month, one serving should be OK I guess. But if you eat it everyday, or 3 times a week, even if you are a very healthy person, it is not going to do you much good.

Do they serve that dish in Japan?

Haha, I thought you were going to ask how to cook it.

Fat content = I am sure there would be a lot of fats in that dish, but if you eat it once in a while, like everything else, it would be fine wouldn't it? Maybe once or twice a month, one serving should be OK I guess. But if you eat it everyday, or 3 times a week, even if you are a very healthy person, it is not going to do you much good.

Do they serve that dish in Japan?

In Japan it is normaly served under Korean dishes and unlike Chinese it can be taken even cold. This is something I cannot cook as you need to make sure ou really know how to clean it and also hve to know how to throw away the fat. Buying os cheaper. Looks like I better have it once a blue moon

In Japan it is normaly served under Korean dishes and unlike Chinese it can be taken even cold. This is something I cannot cook as you need to make sure ou really know how to clean it and also hve to know how to throw away the fat. Buying os cheaper. Looks like I better have it once a blue moon

Wow

That's my favourite...It will not be nice without black vinegar and alot ginger....

Wow

That's my favourite...It will not be nice without black vinegar and alot ginger....

Actually the Chinese version is nice but much more oily. It algo goes well with alcohols. It has a lot of collagen can make your skin smooth and also your joints stronger. Also can make your penis head shinny and sperm more concentrated it seems. The Korean woman told me the oil no longer exists as it has been discarded through boiling, and I also feel it so but who knows. Anyway, once a blue moon is nice. Hope it does not make my leg look more like a pig-leg, this is another one of my concern, ha,ha... That is why I tried not to eat pig's nose...

• 3 weeks later...

The Korean version can be served cold, and it is dry (i.e. without gravy), and it is not soft like jelly.

The Chinese have got a few versions. Usually in dark soy-sauce with Shiitake mushroom...it is soft and usually eaten hot. Of course if it is left cold, a layer of gel/jelly is formed...which is yummy as well. If you cooked it yourself, you can put the pot in the refrigerator and the next day you would see a layer of lard on top....you can then scoop the lard and reheat the whole pot. That way, fat content would be reduced.

The other version is with black-sweet vinegar and ginger - usually eaten by mothers after delivery. That is yummy also if you like vinegar pig-leg. You can also soak a few hard-boiled egg into the vinegar, and it will taste yummy too.

Pig's nose, pig's ears and pig's face....all these are very nice if you braise it properly in soy-sauce (dark mixed with light soy-sauce...add some whole garlic, some star anise and cinnamon stick....). If you like pig's tongue, it is nice too - prepared the same way. You slice all these and dip it in a chilli sauce (chilli chopped up with raw garlic, and add white/rice vinegar...).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.