Male HQ

How do you pep talk yourself into feeling more confident ?

Guest Guest

How do you pep talk yourself into feeling more confidenct ?

I've been fat all my life and for the past 3 years i've been working out a lot and managed to shed my weight down significantly not just for health but also for my self image. Though i'm not lean fit with 6 pack abs, i can say that i'm more of a muscular cub right now. I do noticed it as well that i've been getting more eyes turned especially in the gym (i know that they are gay as they put their pic in the app), guys in the gym seem to be more respectful to me (they treat others especially those that are fat poorly) and i seem to get more hits in the app as compared to before when i used to be fat (back then no one will even talk to me).

Thing is, i've always been brought up feeling less confident due to my weight. Though i've been getting more attention now, i'm still feeling less confident in terms of hitting on a guy or the way i talk to people be it to guys or girls. What are your internal own pep talk that you tell yourself to encourage more confidence ?

P/s: it sucks that you have to reach a certain body image to be able to get attention. To those struggling for weight loss, make sure u are doing it for the right reason. And never give up ! Once u see the results, hitting the gym / eating healthy / staying healthy becomes a lifestyle and u wont find it a hassle. Give it a try and u will know that losing weight is actually not that hard =D

• G_M changed the title to How do you pep talk yourself into feeling more confident ?
On 10/3/2019 at 11:42 PM, Guest Guest said:

How do you pep talk yourself into feeling more confidenct ?

What are your internal own pep talk that you tell yourself to encourage more confidence ?

What I will write may not be the right solution for you,  but I gained nearly total confidence once I started grieving for a beloved person who died.  This made me realize that we all,  rich and poor,  beautiful and ugly, righteous and evil,  we all share the curse of having to die and leave everything behind. The curse of being insignificant for all and everything except for ourselves and a few people around us, and for us having any importance only while we are alive. The most powerful and intimidating person will make me think:  "your are here only for borrowed time, soon you will be dead and forgotten, the same as I.

This thought is not as negative as it could appear.  It also invites empathy, compassion, understanding.  How can one envy or fear someone whose destiny will not be one bit better than one's own?  

Edited by Steve5380

• 2 years later...
On 10/6/2019 at 6:29 AM, Steve5380 said:

What I will write may not be the right solution for you,  but I gained nearly total confidence once I started grieving for a beloved person who died.  This made me realize that we all,  rich and poor,  beautiful and ugly, righteous and evil,  we all share the curse of having to die and leave everything behind. The curse of being insignificant for all and everything except for ourselves and a few people around us, and for us having any importance only while we are alive. The most powerful and intimidating person will make me think:  "your are here only for borrowed time, soon you will be dead and forgotten, the same as I.

This thought is not as negative as it could appear.  It also invites empathy, compassion, understanding.  How can one envy or fear someone whose destiny will not be one bit better than one's own?  

You are wrong. Death is not a curse. It is freedom from the hardship in this world. All living things must pass. We are here just for the experience.

On 10/3/2022 at 12:32 PM, Guest Guest said:

You are wrong. Death is not a curse. It is freedom from the hardship in this world. All living things must pass. We are here just for the experience.

It would not be the first time I am wrong.  But I have my reasons to hold death as a curse.  If it were not so,  we would not grieve so much for the death of others, be the death of our pet or the death of our beloved people.  This can be one of the strongest spiritual sufferings.  Our own death is a curse because it ends that what our spirit needs to exist.   It is already a curse that our physical body must exist and function for our spirit, our soul to exist and be alive, as far as we know.  Any afterlife in a supernatural is no more than wishful speculation at this our time on earth.  And to take care of our body is an endless task that we cannot escape. 

If death were not a curse but a freedom from this world into an afterlife...  why don't we know anything about this?   Why does it need to be hidden?  After all,  when the Sun dies at dusk, we all know that it will reappear at dawn.  It is not a secret.

Edited by Steve5380

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.