Male HQ

Chinese Speghetti...

I wonder how many of us in here tried the real "Ramien" ...

Yes, it's those where the 'sifu' will make the dough, and pull and pull and fold and pull and pull and walla.... La Mien... (Japanese dun have the L sound in their language... so it's Ra wif a pressed tongue... :) )

La Mien is served soup, or dry, and the nice ones I really like is the Ja Jiang Mien... which in some hawker centres and food courts, you can find.

Not too difficult to make, and very tasty if done good...

I share the best I tried...

The Sichuan Restaurant at Goodwood Park Hotel... long time since I last visited... dunno still there or not, and whether this dish still served. It's one of the benchmarks for me.

Lau Beijing Restaurant. Novena? yes... you must try this one... definitely ... it's the current benchmark Ja Jiang Mien for me. the other one is at the Plaza Singapura... same group... is it? forgot the restaurant name, up on 2nd floor if i din remember wrongly.

the rest are at food courts... one of the nice ones i tried recently is at the Great World City Food Junction. Sold at the Ban Mian stall. The Ja Jiang Mien is very springly, like freshly pulled la mien... damn nice (yeah i think it's machine pulled one la... but still nice nevertheless) and the sauce is a definite B+ (some ingredients are definitely those China tinned veg e.g. green bean, which dropped it from an A)

The other ban mian stall wif nice ja jiang mien is at the Punggol blk 199 Coffee Shop... where you turn off first junction of Punggol Road after exiting the expressway... not bad...

Why is it called Chinese speghetti? Legend has it that Marco Polo tried this dish... loved it and brought it back to Italy... and Speghetti was soon a hot dish in Italy... of course, they customised it and localised it... but the noodle/meat sauce combination is not seen anywhere else on planet earth... as is the Shao Bing... and pizza... haha...

just food to boggle the mind a bit...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.