Male HQ

Which Home Fibre Broadband Plans are you using?

kidster

20 minutes ago, CumdrinkNgo said:

how much ?

speed?

49.90 monthly with 1gbps speed. 

You can view their website for more bundles and mobile plans 

On 12/14/2019 at 6:08 PM, kidster said:

My M1 contract is expiring. Connection is getting from bad to worse. Thinking of jumping ship.

Which ISP and plan do you subscribe? Any pros and cons and complaints?

I dumped Starhub last year for ViewQwest due to their "guaranteed at least 90% of the speed" most of the time.

So far the speeds are OK. Mine's at $42.50 per month.

1 hour ago, CumdrinkNgo said:

oh...singtel $39.90   1gbps

Haha so many plans now. Dual fiber plan 59.90

https://myrepublic.net/sg/broadband-promotions/

Nowadays all fighting for good plans. But also must take note of connectivity and speed ~

Hi!

About your connection at home, what's your networking setup like?

What I mean is, are you using one WiFi router only or is it a Mesh WiFi system? Because this makes a lot of difference to whether 

There's a lot of factors here that would greatly affect your Internet speed at home, such as the number of walls between you and WiFi router. Another key factor is how you browse the Internet; if you game, then it would be advisable to use an ethernet cable. But if you stream Netflix or YouTube at a higher quality, a robust WiFi system should handle it fine. 

Fibre has usually very little to no downtime because, simply put, it can handle the capacities that are beyond what average consumers can use. Between all 5-6 Internet Service Providers (ISP), their services have about the same quality throughout unless you're an edge case (gaming in a European server, accessing content that is physically further than South East Asia). 

So if anything, it comes down to whether that brand offers good customer service (which is very important to me) and whether the freebies are worth it.

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, guys. I use the M1 at the home, because it's the best option, which exists in my region, but what is connected to my country house, which I visit only on the vacations, I use the BT. I like it, because this firm suggests broadband without signing up for a monthly contract, which saves the money. I have known about this function reading the article on usave.co.uk. It goes without saying, that the BT isn't the single firm, which suggests such function, so you can find the firms, which are in your region and begin to save the money. Frankly speaking, the Internet speed doesn't differ significantly in comparing with M1. Hope I have helped somebody.

Edited by dalebreton

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.