Male HQ

Smelly feet / toes / socks aka athlete’s foot (compiled)

Guest smelly feet

Guest smelly feet

I have sweaty feet. After a hard day work, my feet and socks smell terrible. when I take out my socks during shower in my office, I feel so embarrass. when I sit down on the floor in the train, I can smell my smelly feet. I have tried to use sweat absorbent powder but only reduce to a certain degree. I can only wear a certain type of sock but still smelly. If I wear those cheap sock, my feet will be even smellier. there are times my feet is not smelly after I wear good socks. but recently don't know when and why it came back again.

• Guest locked this topic
  • 1 month later...

Hi, peeps. Any best remedy for smelly foot? I tried those popular powder sprays from the market but mostly sticky and didn’t help a lot. Recently I notice that my feet gets very sweaty and awfully smelly.

2 hours ago, Guest Fazir said:

Hi, peeps. Any best remedy for smelly foot? I tried those popular powder sprays from the market but mostly sticky and didn’t help a lot. Recently I notice that my feet gets very sweaty and awfully smelly.

Go get help from doc if possible. Alternative

get own miconazole 2% cream and apply diligently. a pair of male athlete food need a couple of tubes easily

the root of problem is fungi infection so if its serious infection - cream may not help and doc need to prescribe antibiotic

Your shoes and socks also important - change it diligently

Do something to it quick. If you can smell it, people around you will smell it too. Its not a huge proble, just have to deal with it

There is those foot paddings sold in pharamacy and watsons that can help to remove smell from your feet if you put it inside your shoes and wear them together. U can try it as it works for me. 

Traditionally older people will suggest that u can soak your feet in hot vingear, that will help to remove smell too.

For treatment, use sulphur-based soap to wash your feet, especially rubbing soap in-between the toes—the toe web. Rinse the soap off while rubbing them again...this helps to get rid of dead skins to prevent food for the fungi. Dry your feet and toe webs, and apply anti-fungal cream to them.

Even after you have cured, foot hygiene is important; you have to be diligent in soaping (you can use normal soap) and rubbing your feet, especially your toe webs (including rinsing), while bathing.

Edited by victorp

I used to have really bad athlete's feet till i used Tea-Tress Oil. Apply after shower on your feet and put on a clean socks for an hour. Dont rinse. Should be ok after doing it for 3-4 days. Subsequently u can do it once or twice a week.

Hope it helps.

On 10/24/2018 at 5:30 AM, Guest Fazir said:

Ensure your shoes and socks not wet because will encourage bacteria and fungal growth. Then either vinegar or apple cider vinegar also can. 

1. Athelete's Foot refers to a fungal infection. Are you sure it is fungal?

2. If yes, go to any pharmacy and buy Lamisil (Drug: Terbinafine) cream or dermgel. These goes for $20 a tube over the counter and thus many doctors don't stock them because of the cost. Use once a day for one week and monitor for improvement. These are the latest and most effective fungal topical medication now.

Miconazole / Clotrimazole works but you must be very disciplined to do 2x daily for every day for up to one month.

Wash socks daily. If possible wear slippers. Wash socks everyday. Use dettol to wash socks.

Fungal thrives in dark moist and warm places. Do all you can to prevent this combo.

Get well soon.

Please seek the experts in National Skin Center

https://www.nsc.com.sg/

• 11 months later...

Dip it in warm water with lemon juice for 10 minutes.

Have you tried the 'Yi Sao Bang" foot powder from any chinese medical shops.

In the past i have what you describe and after using for a year, now my foot is dry and no more sweaty issues

• 4 months later...
Guest smelly

Is it normal to have smelly feet esp my toes? I just clean it last week. Now it becomes smelly again. What would have cause it to smell? I wear sock almost whole day during work. My feet does sweat alot, is it because of this reason?

Yes, sweaty feet will have smelly feet because of bacteria growing. Changing socks everyday helps a lot in case you are wearing it for days. 

I don't specifically sit down on the bathroom floor to clean my feet everyday and I think many people don't do that as well. Basic normal bathing action, let soap lather rinse down and rub both feet together. I don't have smelly feet haha

Unless you have athletes feet or some fungus infections, then you need to soak your feet in apple cider warm water and air them as much as possible - depending on what is your condition. 

to the thread starter, basically, our human feet does perspire also.. especially when we wear socks whole day & our feets are enclosed in our footwear thru out the entire day (8-12hrs) a day. at the end of the day, personal hygiene is super important. 

CHANGE YOUR SOCKS DAILY!!!

after work, when u arrived home, air your footwear. Then put ur socks into the laundry baskets.. when u shower, please, I recommend u scrubbed in bwteen ur toes with dettol shower foam. and shower with dettol shower foam as well. 

As for washing your laundry, I strongly recommend u used NOX.. it helps in removing stains & marks that our naked eyes cannot see such as perspiration marks, body oil stains. Wash ur socks & your clothes every 2-3 days if possible. 

plus the covid-19 is still on.. so please up keep ur own personal hygiene. it is very very important.

Guest Smelly
11 hours ago, fab said:

Last week?

How about everyday?

I did soap my feet everyday during shower. My cleaning is referring to using the small knife/dagger that you can pull out from the nail clipper and scrap and dig whatever dirt or dead cells trapped under nail and on the edge between the skin and the nail. 

Guest Smelly
3 hours ago, Zackling said:

to the thread starter, basically, our human feet does perspire also.. especially when we wear socks whole day & our feets are enclosed in our footwear thru out the entire day (8-12hrs) a day. at the end of the day, personal hygiene is super important. 

CHANGE YOUR SOCKS DAILY!!!

after work, when u arrived home, air your footwear. Then put ur socks into the laundry baskets.. when u shower, please, I recommend u scrubbed in bwteen ur toes with dettol shower foam. and shower with dettol shower foam as well. 

As for washing your laundry, I strongly recommend u used NOX.. it helps in removing stains & marks that our naked eyes cannot see such as perspiration marks, body oil stains. Wash ur socks & your clothes every 2-3 days if possible. 

plus the covid-19 is still on.. so please up keep ur own personal hygiene. it is very very important.

Thanks. I have 1 pair of sock per day cause my feet really sweat alot. I will try to look for the nox. Cause I see some faint yellow stain on my shirt near armpit area. 

Guest Guest
21 hours ago, Nightingale said:

Of course it is the bacteria that thrive on feet sweat that give off the smell.  But surely your daily bathing with soap would solve this problem.

Since when is that a "problem" for you? Don't you like licking such stinky feet? 

gross james van der beek GIF

12 hours ago, Guest Smelly said:

I did soap my feet everyday during shower. My cleaning is referring to using the small knife/dagger that you can pull out from the nail clipper and scrap and dig whatever dirt or dead cells trapped under nail and on the edge between the skin and the nail. 

Dagger!!! Hahaha soooooo boyboy...soo cute...

Guest Guest
5 hours ago, Nightingale said:

Definitely not those of the most notorious troll of BW  a.k.a. Auntie OCD Fascist.

Of course you won't. The only time you get to smell any of our feet is when you get kicked in your face. 

thread starter, NOX can be bought at all CK outlets / NTUC. 

I got 12 pairs of socks myself. I rotate one pair a day.

yes, spray ur shoes with shoes chems / air & sun ur shoes and change the inner soles as well if u have to. 

Guest Smelly
17 hours ago, Zackling said:

thread starter, NOX can be bought at all CK outlets / NTUC. 

I got 12 pairs of socks myself. I rotate one pair a day.

yes, spray ur shoes with shoes chems / air & sun ur shoes and change the inner soles as well if u have to. 

Thanks. Is it hygienic for me to go sembawang hot spring to soak my feet?

Guest Baking soda

Can try baking soda. When bathing, cover your feet with paste of baking soda, leave it for a minute or five then wash off with water.

• 8 months later...

Feet:  You guys can suck cock, and still want to complain about my odor

Cock:  Hey Feet!  Leave me out of the picture

Feet:  I felt discriminated

Cock: I am the one discriminated, you can at least bare your feet in public but I cannot.

Feet:  Yes, you can!  those gay people bare you all the time even without emergency reason

Cock: Yes, but fear of getting caught, but you have no fear at all.

Feet:  At least you are pleasured by their mouth and nobody even bother to tongue my feet

Cock:  But I am a bachelor and you have 4 other siblings to serve in each household, which is quite a lot of work

Feet:  That is not a good excuse to shun me

Cock:  Then try to keep your feet up like I did and just relax. 

Feet:  I gonna get going

Cock:  See? It is imposible to get you "up" all the time.

Edited by Why?

1 hour ago, Why? said:

Feet:  You guys can suck cock, and still want to complain about my odor

Cock:  Hey Feet!  Leave me out of the picture

Feet:  I felt discriminated

Cock: I am the one discriminated, you can at least bare your feet in public but I cannot.

Feet:  Yes, you can!  those gay people bare you all the time even without emergency reason

Cock: Yes, but fear of getting caught, but you have no fear at all.

Feet:  At least you are pleasured by their mouth and nobody even bother to tongue my feet

Cock:  But I am a bachelor and you have 4 other siblings to serve in each household, which is quite a lot of work

Feet:  That is not a good excuse to shun me

Cock:  Then try to keep your feet up like I did and just relax. 

Feet:  I gonna get going

Cock:  See? It is imposible to get you "up" all the time.

My fav scriptwriter strikes again. Wahoo

Put a teaspoon of baking soda and 1 cup of industrial or artificial vinegar into a basin of warm water ( Abt 3 litres of water). Soak your feet for at least 20 minutes, then have a shower. Repeat it for three days. The odour from your feet will go away. Hope this help.

• G_M changed the title to Smelly feet / toes / socks aka athlete’s foot (compiled)
  • 9 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.