Male HQ

Why Do (Certain) Moderators Get Think Skinned, Angry, Refuse To Take Any Advice?

Guest Juxtaposed Yourself

Guest Juxtaposed Yourself

Why do (certain) moderators get thin-skinned, angry, and refuse to take any advice? I am referring to the locking of the CNA topic just now. There was nothing unreasonable about what I suggested. I was trying to help and give you a way to restore order to the thread without blowing your stack, getting red faced, and angrily locking the thread.

Certain posters started spreading unprovable rumors in the CNA thread. I pointed out that Blowing Wind should not be used to spread such rumors. They cannot be proven but they could be used to hurt people's careers. We need to be socially responsible and not tolerate such negative behavior. That is clearly a very reasonable perspective.

My posts admonishing the rumor spreaders, and a rumor spreader's replies, were deleted. I wrote back asking why those posts were deleted but the original unprovable rumors are still in the thread. Even after G_M locked the thread, the slanderous unprovable rumors are still there, and can still be found by Google-searching those journalists.

The other issue is that people diverted the topic from CNA to other Mediacorp stations or SPH publications. I suggested changing the title to CNA / Mediacorp / SPH / Other Singapore Media Presenters / Newscasters / Journalists / Reporters in order to get things back on topic. There is absolutely nothing unreasonable about what I suggested.

It is okay to expand a topic if the other areas the posters were typing about makes sense. This could have been facilitated by simply changing the title. I even provided the new title. All you needed to do was type a few words. Why insist on sticking to one small niche television station when it is a very simple matter to expand the topic's focus?

When a reader of this website notices a problem and makes a suggestion to fix the problem, put your ego aside, and take the advice if it is good advice. Nothing that I suggested hurts G_M or any other moderator. It did not "undermine your authority" or anything like that. This is a reader-driven website, so when readers can help, accept our help!

Guest Guest

Sadly, the CNA thread got "locked down".

Actually, it is a very interesting topic. At least I got to know and then searched for the background of the names of the presenters and newscasters that I do not know of (as I seldom watched CNA).

Journalists and reporters from the other stations or publishing house can be included too ... why not? The "locked down" somehow reminds me of the ruling party of a country .... mmm ... 

Guest Andre
6 hours ago, Guest Juxtaposed Yourself said:

The other issue is that people diverted the topic from CNA to other Mediacorp stations or SPH publications. I suggested changing the title to CNA / Mediacorp / SPH / Other Singapore Media Presenters / Newscasters / Journalists / Reporters in order to get things back on topic. There is absolutely nothing unreasonable about what I suggested.

Sigh.. I agree on this. I enjoyed that thread and was wistful when it got locked. I thought to myself: how are we deviating from the topic? It's not that I have a bone with that particular moderator, but his reaction of swiftly locking the thread without listening to constructive suggestions such as yours was rather swift and, if I may say, petty. I hope someone starts a similar thread soon..

This goes beyond that thread and can be seen throughout this forum. Immediately goes into defensive damage control mode to the extreme. Always hard approach and some don't take criticisms well. Sometimes it negatively affects the experience of browsing BW. It's not about being demanding, it's trying to create a more conducive environment. No harm with that

good deeds never go unpunished

On 4/12/2020 at 7:20 PM, Guest Juxtaposed Yourself said:

Why do (certain) moderators get thin-skinned, angry, and refuse to take any advice? I am referring to the locking of the CNA topic just now. There was nothing unreasonable about what I suggested. I was trying to help and give you a way to restore order to the thread without blowing your stack, getting red faced, and angrily locking the thread.

Certain posters started spreading unprovable rumors in the CNA thread. I pointed out that Blowing Wind should not be used to spread such rumors. They cannot be proven but they could be used to hurt people's careers. We need to be socially responsible and not tolerate such negative behavior. That is clearly a very reasonable perspective.

My posts admonishing the rumor spreaders, and a rumor spreader's replies, were deleted. I wrote back asking why those posts were deleted but the original unprovable rumors are still in the thread. Even after G_M locked the thread, the slanderous unprovable rumors are still there, and can still be found by Google-searching those journalists.

It is okay to expand a topic if the other areas the posters were typing about makes sense. This could have been facilitated by simply changing the title. I even provided the new title. All you needed to do was type a few words. Why insist on sticking to one small niche television station when it is a very simple matter to expand the topic's focus?

When a reader of this website notices a problem and makes a suggestion to fix the problem, put your ego aside, and take the advice if it is good advice. Nothing that I suggested hurts G_M or any other moderator. It did not "undermine your authority" or anything like that. This is a reader-driven website, so when readers can help, accept our help!

BW is an open forum which will show up in Google. All your post will be seen and can be searched. 

Some of the members are sensible but we only need a few of these idiots that stir shit and post all the insinuations, slander, baseless accusations, flaming, pics of non public figures, nude photos, etc. the whole forum might ends up having to answer to the law. 

So why do we allow ourselves to be embroiled into such troubles from shitty, crazy people who have nothing better to do than to flame and stir shit?

I suggest that you start a new forum and Juxtapose yourself from BW and have the topic you liked discussed. I am sure we mods will be very appreciative and thankful.

I hope my answer will be enough for you. If you had been our member long enough you know we had repeated these answers many times.

If you don't get it then you are an idiot who only thinks about yourself and never consider about others, as with those guest, etc. 

So, it's pointless for the mods to point out to you people again and again.

Enough said.

Guest Guest
8 hours ago, G_M said:

we only need a few of these idiots that stir shit and post all the insinuations, slander, baseless accusations, flaming, pics of non public figures, nude photos, etc. the whole forum might ends up having to answer to the law.

你还真够夸张咧,don't scaremonger leh.

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, Guest Juxtaposed Yourself said:

The moderator is confused. I warned others not to spread unprovable rumors about CNA personalities. I also asked the moderators to delete those unprovable rumors. The moderators refused to follow my excellent advice, locked the CNA thread with the unprovable rumors still undeleted, and moved this follow-up thread to the Flaming Room.

Your posts are deleted because you are a detestable princess who goes about dragging other people's mothers and sisters into your fights ... so you deserve everything that is getting served to you...

the office what GIF

Guest Guest
27 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Your posts are deleted because you are a detestable princess who goes about dragging other people's mothers and sisters into your fights ... so you deserve everything that is getting served to you...

the office what GIF

🤣

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.