Happy Birthday Singapore

3 Miles Journey - A story

Guest Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 84)

Today has a perfect weather. Cloudy and windy, and the running path was  empty. I ran 7km. Recently, I also noticed more women joggers as compared to guys I saw in the past.  Not something I would expect.   Here is the BP reading, an hour later...

Right Arm

IMG-20220607-182015

Left Arm

Left

• 2 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 85)

I have had a brief bout of anxiety yesterday, after recalling certain past events.  My heart had a brief flutter and I quickly took my BP.  It is to be expected...

IMG-20220616-195621.jpg

I decided to run today after taking a couple of days off. For me, it was a windy and enjoyable run. After covering 8 kilometers, I didn't feel tired at all. Due to the nice weather, I considered running 10 kilometers, but opted against it. Part of it was not trying to "show off" myself, and part of it was not wanting to make a precedent since since I have the tendency to constantly want to outperform the previous. Rather than testing my stamina, my goal is to run as a means to de-stress and decompress,  especially for someone who gets panic attacks every now and then and needs a type of "getaway" through jogging.  Here is my BP today:

IMG-20220617-211412.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 86)

I ran 8km yesterday and 7km today.  Today weather is cooling, it felt like mint blowing on my face.  I could have easily ran 8km today, but stopped at 7km due to heavy traffic (mostly bicycle riders).  Yesterday, I nearly fell over as a standing bike approached me. He was unable to control his tools. Today, I almost was hit from behind by a biker. I'm beginning to wonder if all of these riders are wearing blindfolds or have sight impairments.  I no longer have any respect for those who use the road carelessly and endanger pedestrians. Their desire for speed has interfered with their ability to think clearly. I referred to it as a public space invasion.  No one is safe. 

Edited by Black Kitten

• 2 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 87)

I had been exercising last week, but my temperature unexpectedly rose over the weekend. I assumed that the cause was weather heat. My body temperature didn't decrease the last two days after popping panadols.  My legs are also weak and I have no appetite for now.  

IMG-20220704-175343

Since Saturday, my throat has been itchy, and I have a very uneasy feeling. I performed an ART test today at home.

IMG-20220704-175944

My pulse rate. as usual, pretty high whenever I have a fever.

IMG-20220704-182351

I'll keep an eye on the situation because I haven't made up my mind to go to the clinic yet.

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 88)

For the first time since Pandemic,  I am sick. Who could have thought I will be the victim of Covit waves, despite taking good care of my health and doing regular running. Singapore is not a place where one can easily ran away from everything

The damage

medical

I  am completely drowsy after taking the strong prescriptions, and was advised to stay inactive for 2 weeks.

Heading to bed now.

Edited by Black Kitten

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 89)

It's been seven days since my covit. During the week, I slept the most of the night and in the afternoon. On Friday's ART-test, the double-red lines were still visible. Today, it only consists of a single line.

IMG-20220711-204011

This infection lasts considerably longer than my first, second, and booster vaccinations, which made me incredibly ill for the first two days. It wasn't a good experience, either way. I don't get sick frequently, and when I do, it hurt like hell and most home panadol fail to reduce my headache or lower my fever.

IMG-20220711-204508.jpg

I feel better now, but I still don't know what to do next. Liver Detox with Lemon Juice?

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 90)

I resume my running routine despite the fact that the medication, I was taking for the covit infection, left me feeling a little queasy. Thankfully, the weather wasn't too bad today.   After 7 kilometers, I was unable to catch up on my breath, but I'm hoping that the sweat would help my body reset itself, even if I've already dropped quite an amount of weight over the past week. 

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 91)

I managed to run 8 km today despite my reluctance because the weather was pretty enticing after jogging 7 km twice this week. After recovering from Covit, I wasn't confident of my endurance. On the bus, I occasionally still felt queasy, and I was still coughing at night. Plain water aggravates my cough, but hot milo and coffee help to sooth it.  

I guess I'm the only kitty who stuck around for so long. Many joggers have given up on the extra kilometres or just vanished without a trace. I have effectively "healed" my long-term hypertension by running, and despite my covit healing, I am not yet ready to stop.

BP this everning

heart.jpg

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 92)

I ran 8 km each day on Monday and Tuesday for a total of 16 km in the cool weather. I continued to cough my lung out after the run. My cough did not get better after my running regime. When I'm under stress, my cough gets worse. In the past, when I was young and under stress, I would frequently cough. I will cough as well if the workplace becomes too chilly or congested. When I'm under pressure to fulfill a deadline, I'll suddenly cough non-stop.  I had assumed that my regular jogging had already resolved the symptoms, but a recent covit infection has brought them back. I'll be taking a break to meditate for the next two days, and once my lung is at ease, my coughing should stop for a time. 

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 93)

I went around town this morning, limping for 5 hours, in my new office shoes half an inch smaller than my own feet.  I even chased after a bus.  Before I realised I was having blood clot in one of my toe nail, I went for a 7km run so that I can take a break on Friday, which is the beginning of 7th month.

My feet are still hurting as I write this, but I'll soon be giving the Salvation Army my brand-new business shoes. Anyway,  I am currently resting my feet and daydreaming while lying in bed.

IMG-20220728-180159

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 94)

Last week, I logged 30km in total. As mentioned above, a few of my toe nails had blood clots under them. I cut my nails and the blood spilled all over the floor.  No photos since it was too obscene for those with weak stomachs. After the blood is removed from my toe, the nails became dry and have no hold onto its meat and might pop at any moment.

Still,  I completed my un-interrupted distance of 8 kilometers today, which is the minimum per week.  Any additional runs I get in this week will count toward my daily activity goal.  LIke exam,  I am content with 50 out of 100 points, and any further points are a bonus.

Since the pandemic, I have grown to enjoy the bare breeze on my face, unmasked.  Air conditioning and fans do not make me feel as refreshed. Thus, my justification for running outside. But I'm also cutting back on my running because some regular elderly folks are staring at me strangely. Women were much more dramatic;  their gazes could kill an elephant. They couldn't picture themselves in my shoes and saw that my daily run was stepping outside of their comfort zone.  The Karen sort of environment is one with which we are all too familiar in modern culture.  Even when I stopped looking at them, they somehow made their presence felt quite effortlessly.

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 95)

Last week, I suffered my feet to attend an interview.  Today, I received reply of rejection, of which I simply deleted the message.  There is no need to write back, no thank you for their time nor opportunity given.  A rejection is part and parcel in my world and I have no feelings about it ,whatsoever. Usually, I moved on pretty quickly. Sometimes, quite happy for no particular reason.   Immediately,  I feel free to just put on my shoes and start running 8km, under the rain.   Next time, I will download this song, if I ever choose to run in the rain again...

Edited by Black Kitten

• 2 weeks later...

A short story about “3 MILES JOURNEY (Part 96)

This week's weather was a touch "extreme," and as a result I have roasted skin color.  I still managed to jog a total of 31 kilometers this week which include on Monday(8), Thursday (8), Friday (7), and Sunday (8).  . Due to a variety of factors, including an empty route, the fragrant fresh fruit coming from the trees, and listening to relaxing music, the aforementioned fit  under harsh weather is quite rare for my case.  But I ended very thirsty..

kickapoo.jpg

First time taking my BP while standing, with my arms dangling straight, left and right arms

left.jpg

right-1.jpg

I might take a break if the weather is bad again  next week.  Will see how, but time has already flown faster than my feet. 

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

counter