Male HQ

Samsung Tab A 8 (T295) or Samsung Tab A 10.1 (T510)1 (T

Guest Samsung

Guest Samsung

A bigger 10 inch screen better or the 8 inch screen better? Purpose is to watch movie/ drama/ youtube and facebook for elderly. 

I scared too big and bulky for them. Maybe a smaller screen easier for them to hold but big enough to surf facebook. 

Tomorrow got 10.10 deals. Torn between these 2. 

I would always go for the bigger if I can. Old folks will not be walking about with them and watching it.

I use reading glass so it helps. As eyesight goes, bigger is always better. Accessories to help prop up the screen would be good.  Especially if they want to take to toilet like me to watch while I do my business or shower or whatever heheheh Larger screen also make playing certain games easier. You are not buy for them to use for a short time, it might be for a long while and depending on how old they are, larger is always better.

Not sure, ask them than us.. THEY are the one who will use it finally. :P

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Guest Samsung
On 10/11/2020 at 6:30 PM, upshot said:

I would always go for the bigger if I can. Old folks will not be walking about with them and watching it.

I use reading glass so it helps. As eyesight goes, bigger is always better. Accessories to help prop up the screen would be good.  Especially if they want to take to toilet like me to watch while I do my business or shower or whatever heheheh Larger screen also make playing certain games easier. You are not buy for them to use for a short time, it might be for a long while and depending on how old they are, larger is always better.

Not sure, ask them than us.. THEY are the one who will use it finally. :P

Thanks for the sharing and help me to made up my mind. I want to give them as surprise. If I said I want to buy for them sure they will say dont waste money. 

2 hours ago, Guest Samsung said:

Thanks for the sharing and help me to made up my mind. I want to give them as surprise. If I said I want to buy for them sure they will say dont waste money. 

hahah.. let me tell you as some old fart like me.. that is the stupid thing I hear all my life from people who say that.. and they when they practice that.. bitch and moan when those cheap items break, no service available for their cheap item or it gets old tech too quick and not able to adapt to newer changes to them at least for 5 yrs or so. My mother is like that and keep repeating the frustration. I digress.

Doing the research will help you decide if something pricey or cheap is worth it on the long run. Yes  your budget plays a part and silly to pay a lot for something they might not use much in the end. Not everyone love tech advancement and are just too old school in the head for old entertainment choices. I hate old saying.. some people just think those saying make sense even how many times it fail to work out. heheh.. no offence.

Your heart is in the right place. And sometime even the best laid plan can go wrong. They are human being with a mind of their own. Meet somewhere in the middle with the purchase... just in case.  You know them better to some extent to make some assumption as you see them daily. Make observation of what they do with their spare time. Let them try your own device to gauge their level of competency and willingness to adapt and learn to use them for example.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.