Male HQ

Vaccination Discussion + Should I ask my elderly parents to vaccinate? + All Singapore residents to be vaccinated (compiled)

Guest Freaky

6 hours ago, Guest Freaky said:

By next year.  It is free.  Anyone plan to take the first leap of faith? I am still very hesistant about the efficacy of the jab.

You can afford to wait a while, since the infection rate in your country is low.  Simply don't overdo it with Keybox, TenMen, Hook club.

In the US where I live it is a different story.  The EFFICACY of the vaccine has been proven aplenty. Even if it lasts a short time, it is much better than nothing, and a life saver.  The question about its safety concerns us all,  but the experts in vaccines are reassuring, and even us who are not experts but educated can realize that there is not too much to go wrong with it,  some passive cells injected into the bloodstream that alert the immune system to a potential invader.  Side effects usually appear shortly after the vaccination, and no serious ones have been detected. 

I happened to read about one Covid-19 vaccine in Australia that was abandoned because it caused false HIV positives in tests. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-55269381

Even this, if this Australian vaccine had to be taken, would affect only those who get tested for HIV.  The majority of the population don't need this, and there must be HIV tests that are not affected.  For example,  the count of CD4 cells will not be affected by a vaccine.

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Derelict
7 hours ago, Guest Freaky said:

By next year.  It is free.  Anyone plan to take the first leap of faith? I am still very hesistant about the efficacy of the jab.

They did say on TV there are possible side effects.

Guest Mr logical
22 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Who should go first for vaccination. Those regulars at sauna. Cleaners. Hospital staff. 

PM , president, Ministers, MP and their bunch of cronies should get the first shot. Then a year later slowly progress to ease to workers .

57 minutes ago, Fridays said:

may i ask - did anyone occur to question why PAP giving free vacination ?

bcz :

1. too cheap price

2. protect the nation 

3. prove the world 

pm for different ideas

"Free"?? Nothing ever comes free from them. They give you one chicken leg, be prepared to give back the entire chicken farm.

Singaporeans will be paying for that vaccination sooner or later, one way or another. If even all the long-tern-pass holding foreigners are getting the free shot, be prepared for Singaporeans to bear that cost for them as well. Now that they have announced that 35% increase in Medishield Life premiums, they might as well increase it to 50% soon, or perhaps an increase of our GST straight up to 11% in 2012.   

Lucky XD | Fandom

4 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

"Free"?? Nothing ever comes free from them. They give you one chicken leg, be prepared to give back the entire chicken farm.

Singaporeans will be paying for that vaccination sooner or later, one way or another. If even all the long-tern-pass holding foreigners are getting the free shot, be prepared for Singaporeans to bear that cost for them as well. Now that they have announced that 35% increase in Medishield Life premiums, they might as well increase it to 50% soon, or perhaps an increase of our GST straight up to 11% in 2012.   

Lucky XD | Fandom

without doubt about PAP jerk up GST,Medi save premiuim , reduce CPF rate and all kind of services.

i still pondering their motive of giving free vacination ! 

due to :

1. Increae the usuage for quota

2. More vacine less price

3. Test their efficeincy 

4. More find out who benefit the most 

1 hour ago, Fridays said:

without doubt about PAP jerk up GST,Medi save premiuim , reduce CPF rate and all kind of services.

i still pondering their motive of giving free vacination ! 

due to :

1. Increae the usuage for quota

2. More vacine less price

3. Test their efficeincy 

4. More find out who benefit the most 

No motive la, they know if need money, most sporean won't go and the economy cannot open up safely. But give free, people will queue up overnight to get the injection. 

8 minutes ago, Guest Yay! said:

If everyone get vaccinated except me, then I am safe because those people has killed their virus for my sake. yay!!

Herd immunity? You just need 70% of the population to be injected.

There seems to be some side effect of the vaccines and also all the trial seems to be focus on westerner, the effective rate and side effect on Asian still unknown,  so ya,  better wait for a while and see what happen. How long can the vaccine last is another problem,  if every 3 or 6 month need to inject 😅

2 hours ago, Fridays said:

may i ask - did anyone occur to question why PAP giving free vacination ?

bcz :

1. too cheap price

2. protect the nation 

3. prove the world 

pm for different ideas

if dun give free, ppl will complain.

if too ex, ppl will complain.

if its cheap and heavily subsidised, ppl will say so cheap why not free?

now its free, ppl wanna comment.

govt cannot please everyone.

Guest 脏子姨
3 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

LOL

6 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

In short, there is only one reason for the government to give out this "free" vaccination: It is politically correct to do so. 

What Does "Politically Correct" Mean? - Fact / Myth

Guest Pokemon

Dont go off topic. So you guys want to get poke or not?  I am sure some people are more pokable than another person. If u are generally weak type, may be can get poke first and then see how.

Not getting it unless I have to (e.g. for travel purposes). I'm young. I'm healthy. Which means I'm already far less predisposed to getting violently or seriously ill from a common flu coronavirus that I'm exposed to every single year, let alone a new one like Covid-19.

Furthermore the vaccine is supposed to make sure you don't fall sick too badly if you catch it. It has not been shown to reduce virus shedding rates and hence reduce contagion rates. So even with the jab someone could still potentially spread it asymptomatically even more to others anyway. Then what's the point? The real fear factor now isn't in how deadly it is. Its in how contagious it is. But even then its fucking overblown. Just because something is contagious doesn't make it dangerous. 

The vaccine should be for vulnerable individuals like the old, sick, or immunocompromised. Healthy adults shouldn't need it. 

3 hours ago, West93 said:

Not getting it unless I have to (e.g. for travel purposes). I'm young. I'm healthy. Which means I'm already far less predisposed to getting violently or seriously ill from a common flu coronavirus that I'm exposed to every single year, let alone a new one like Covid-19.

Furthermore the vaccine is supposed to make sure you don't fall sick too badly if you catch it. It has not been shown to reduce virus shedding rates and hence reduce contagion rates. So even with the jab someone could still potentially spread it asymptomatically even more to others anyway. Then what's the point? The real fear factor now isn't in how deadly it is. Its in how contagious it is. But even then its fucking overblown. Just because something is contagious doesn't make it dangerous. 

The vaccine should be for vulnerable individuals like the old, sick, or immunocompromised. Healthy adults shouldn't need it. 

My company wanted us all to get flu vaccination. At first saying optional. Then when I want to opt out, Boss said still need to see doctor whether can opt out or not. 

I didnt go for flu vaccination during company check up and also for the past years. 

If doctor wanted to push for flu jab, how can I talk to the doctor?

3 hours ago, West93 said:

Can consider getting the vaccine but maybe towards 2nd half of the year. Must see how is the vaccine responded to most people and to the virus. Meanwhile just continue to protect ourselves by not going to crowded places, wear mask and washing of hands often. Esp when phase 3 is coming, many people would think phase 3 means no more covid and forgotten all the safety measures.

2 minutes ago, Guest Flu said:

My company wanted us all to get flu vaccination. At first saying optional. Then when I want to opt out, Boss said still need to see doctor whether can opt out or not. 

I didnt go for flu vaccination during company check up and also for the past years. 

You mean normal flu jab or this covid vaccine that your company wanted you all to get? If normal flu jab, should go take since this vaccine is already in the market for quite a long time and many people have been taking it, whether or not they are going overseas.

On 12/17/2020 at 10:57 AM, Guest Guest said:

Lucky XD | Fandom

Actually ,they can dont give u anything and still take from you .  Isnt it happening almost everywhere in the world.  Dont need to look too far away just across the bridge at Woodland checkpt .....

So I am happy if they STILL BOTHER to give me something and take it back - better than giving me nothing 100% rob me 

U already mentioned that someone , in some way has to pay the bill so ....... They are called government , not non-profit organization 

On 12/17/2020 at 12:29 PM, Guest Guest said:

You said exactly what GOH CHOK TONG did many years ago , when he was walking the ground in East Coast during GE rally

He replied some online comments as below 

1.  If we dont come walk the ground, the comment is " U see PAP so cocky dont even come walk the ground" 
2.  Now we walk the ground " U see PAP so wayang, now GE , so walk the ground" 

We dont walk , you say we cocky.  We walk u say we wayang 

So Residents of East Coast, maybe the next meet MP session, why not u come see me and tell me shd I or PAP walk the ground ?? 
Ever since, no complain ! 

3 hours ago, Guest guest said:

Can consider getting the vaccine but maybe towards 2nd half of the year. Must see how is the vaccine responded to most people and to the virus. Meanwhile just continue to protect ourselves by not going to crowded places, wear mask and washing of hands often. Esp when phase 3 is coming, many people would think phase 3 means no more covid and forgotten all the safety measures.

Not easy to avoid crowded places in SG,  take mrt already crowded, don't need to wait till phase 3, a lot are not wearing the mask properly and no social distancing at all. 

3 hours ago, Guest Flu said:

Jab are on voluntary basis,  so if u die die don't want to take,  they can't force u but then u may be viewed as uncooperative by your HR. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

7 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Not easy to avoid crowded places in SG,  take mrt already crowded, don't need to wait till phase 3, a lot are not wearing the mask properly and no social distancing at all. 

Jab are on voluntary basis,  so if u die die don't want to take,  they can't force u but then u may be viewed as uncooperative by your HR. 

Public transport cannot be avoided crowded and no social distancing, since it seems like public transport not counted one of the safe measures. Crowded places still can avoid, like malls, you can don't go in. And food court and hawker centre if crowded, you can choose not to eat there and take away.

On 12/21/2020 at 8:42 PM, Guest Flu said:

You are right.  This directive "see doctor" is used so much to avoid responsibility and liability.  As if a doctor has a crystal ball.  What can a doctor tell you about taking the vaccine or not?  He will repeat the same recommendations you see in the news, the press, everywhere.  The same as with this advice:  "before starting an exercise program, see a doctor".  What can the doctor do except measure your blood pressure, auscultate heart and lungs, and discourage exercise if pressure is high, heart beat is intermittent, lungs sound obstructed?  Otherwise, exercise won't hurt.   WE can know most of all this,  we should know if we are old or young, with strong or compromised immune system, with strong allergies or not, and so WE should decide on vaccination.  The same as WE should know our blood pressure (it's good to have a meter at home),  check our heart beat to see if it is uniform, slow or not, and we can feel how our lungs function.   When WE are the doctor, we save a lot of money and worries.  A doctor is useful to have regular planned yearly checkups including lab works,  and many health plans pay for this.

Just now, auscent said:

It is the best weapon we have got, for now. I trust Science.

Lets cross our fingers and see how this vaccine work and save everyone from this covid mess.

Thur, the vulnerable and high risk group will be the first to get vaccinated . Anyone in this group ?  It is still a relatively new vaccine. Share your feelings about it.

On 12/17/2020 at 10:57 AM, Guest Guest said:

Lucky XD | Fandom

than go stay in communist country lor. But even now communist countries except maybe n korea pay taxes. Stupid, everything the gov spends is from the tax payers. 

4 hours ago, Guest Scared said:

Thur, the vulnerable and high risk group will be the first to get vaccinated . Anyone in this group ?  It is still a relatively new vaccine. Share your feelings about it.

For health care group of people, don't think they have the option to choose if they want to get vaccinated. Only for common people like us, you can choose if you want to get vaccinated even you are consider high risk group such as eldery.

As far as i know as a frontline staff;

All NCID staffs are to be vaccinated from tmr onwards in batches. Due to certain & unknown factor in the side effects.. so not every staff will be vaccinated on shot.. it will be done in batches.. then followed by the rest of the health care & medical frontline staffs. 

Those staffs hired by HPB on contract basis will be next in line in LATE JAN 2021 - END OF FEB 2021; THE CONTRACTUAL STAFFS WILL HAVE TO GO TO THEIR RESPECTIVE POLYCLINICS TO BE VACCINATED (VOLUNTARILY); THEY HAVE TO CONTACT THE POLYCLINICS VIA APPOINTMENT IN ORDER TO DO SO. THESE CONTRACT STAFFS WILL STILL HAVE TO UNDERGO REGULAR ROUTINE TEST (NASAL & THROAT SWAB) + BLOOD TEST DONE EVERY 2 WEEKS ONCE (JUST TO CLEAR THEM FROM COVID19)

Followed by:

The elderlys, frontline essential workers & young children.

The rest is case by case basis & voluntarily only.

Edited by single42

26 minutes ago, single42 said:

As far as i know as a frontline staff;

All NCID staffs are to be vaccinated from tmr onwards in batches. Due to certain & unknown factor in the side effects.. so not every staff will be vaccinated on shot.. it will be done in batches.. then followed by the rest of the health care & medical frontline staffs. 

Those staffs hired by HPB on contract basis will be next in line in LATE JAN 2021 - END OF FEB 2021; THE CONTRACTUAL STAFFS WILL HAVE TO GO TO THEIR RESPECTIVE POLYCLINICS TO BE VACCINATED (VOLUNTARILY); THEY HAVE TO CONTACT THE POLYCLINICS VIA APPOINTMENT IN ORDER TO DO SO. THESE CONTRACT STAFFS WILL STILL HAVE TO UNDERGO REGULAR ROUTINE TEST (NASAL & THROAT SWAB) + BLOOD TEST DONE EVERY 2 WEEKS ONCE (JUST TO CLEAR THEM FROM COVID19)

Followed by:

The elderlys, frontline essential workers & young children.

The rest is case by case basis & voluntarily only.

The regular routine test for healthcare staff other than the swab test, still need blood test? I always thought only need swab test to check for covid is sufficient?

5 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

than go stay in communist country lor. But even now communist countries except maybe n korea pay taxes. Stupid, everything the gov spends is from the tax payers. 

"everything the gov spends is from the tax payers"? And that's the entire point that nothing is free and the bill always come due, right, Mr Obvious?? 

Well Duh GIFs | Tenor

• 2 weeks later...

read through all the replies, and valid perspectives throughout.

for those who are healthy, it is still good to be vaccinated.  because the risk of you being an asymptomatic carrier is pretty high.

it is not so much about "i am healthy, i dont need it" but more about "i need to protect others" especially those with elderly or suppressed immune system.

for me, the bigger question is which vaccines will we get? my grassroots already said, citizens will not get to choose...

and not all vaccines have the same success rates.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

36 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Precisely, wait kena china one how? Low effective rates with high side effects, the risk is too high to take.  

from what i heard, the china vaccine sinovac is more effective.

moderna is the one that has serious side effect after second shot, and a few people have tested positive even after vaccination.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

54 minutes ago, StockBottom said:

Mind telling where did you hear this from?

just read news reports, both international and local. you can correlate from there how many reports are of moderna side effects and how many reports are of sinovac side effects. thats all i can share that is of basis and is helpful to you and other readers.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

1 hour ago, tomcat said:

from what i heard, the china vaccine sinovac is more effective.

moderna is the one that has serious side effect after second shot, and a few people have tested positive even after vaccination.

No matter which vaccine is more effective, we cannot choose which vaccine to jab.

• 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.eed468d4ecb95d4d6b26896826a0983d.png

Apparently the effective rate of China vaccines cannot be determined yet,  ranging from 50% to self proclaimed 79%.

Countries that dare to use it probably have no other choice, interesting to note they approved the use of China vaccine not so much for it's effectiveness but more like they can help to preserved their medical resources by say 50%.

The risk is that the other 50% taught that after their vaccination, they are free from covid, not knowing that they can still kena the virus and spread to others unknowingly. 

• G_M changed the title to Vaccination Discussion + Should I ask my elderly parents to vaccinate? + All Singapore residents to be vaccinated (compiled)
  • G_M locked this topic