Male HQ

What's The Difference? Organic Vs Normal Veg?

Baloo

Was at the supermarket...

The organic kai lan had stems so slim and leaves so bushy... i tot they must taste great...

so bot a packet... wa... $2.60 per pack vs $1.00 for the normal one...

washed it... and blanched it in boiling water (wif salt and oil) for a while - same sort of timing with normal kai lan... furious boil, throw it in, let it regain furious boil, stir a bit ... and drain it out... dress with fried brown garlic bits and oil... and a dash of oyster sauce... Hou Yao Kai Lan... yum...

proceeded to savour it with rice... the stems were extremely fibrous for their thinness..... an i'm tokking small screwdriver stem thin... where the China kai lan can get as thick in the stem as your finger... it was so fiberous... i dared not swallow ... but spit it out... wow...

the leaves were very nice tho... firm and thick... but the stems... i ended up chewing them for thier juice and removing them when done... like miniature sugarcane crushed for their juice type fiberous... *Phew*...

next round, go back to china kai lan leow if they are not banned yet... organic is just too tough for me to swallow...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.