Male HQ

Any Dragonboat Team Recruiting?

justgymguy

Hi I am looking to join a dragonboat team.

Used to be in the sports few years back but work commitment stopped me from continuing.

With the new work, I am able to have the time to go back to the sport.

Gay or Mix team doesn't really matter, am in it for the sport.

If any, please feel free to DM me. Preferably train in JLG, Kallang or Sports Hub.

Not really keen in Bedok Res, cos a little far for me thou is near to my work place. But I stay in west.

Thanks.

Hey, thanks for sharing.

for some strange reasons, expats teams are more open with their info, whereas local teams hardly can find any info on the net...

not prejudice or whatsoever, thou expats teams are great, (especially when it comes to funding) and having fun (lots of drinking, partying) at the races... but somehow i am leaning more towards local team. But still open to expats team lah. What is important for me is their training timing.

For anyone reading, I am able to commit on Sat afternoon training from 3pm onwards. I do work on alt Sat but if training is 3pm or later, I should be able to make it in time. I will not be available to do wkday land training, but if there is a race coming, i am committed to do my own training in the gym.

To value add to the team, I am a sports massage therapist+rehab trainer by profession with a physio clinic. So i can assist in the recovery of the team and also advised on exercise for injury prevention for the team.

Cheers!

nope not yet. contacted 2-3 teams via their IG... funny only 1 responded saying their next recruitment is in end Apr and will keep me posted. But unfortunately, their timing doesn't really match the timing that I can go for training.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2023 at 7:54 PM, grandy said:

If you are interested to give dragonboat a try, you can go for the land or water training by the fitness league. Their dragonboat team is called DragonFury. Not really a competitive team yet, so suitable for beginners. 

Personally, I like that their general theme of training is to improve your physical fitness. You can join their land  training sessions and I have improved a lot physically. If you are interested, you should give it a try 👍🏻

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.