Jump to content
Male HQ

Anyone yet to receive sms to book appt for vaccination


Guest Guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest Guest

registered interest on 11 June when it's open to rest of the population.

have yet to receive any sms to book appt.

my PR friend who registered same day already received the sms and appt confirmed.

whatever happen to the 2-week priority window for citizens?? 😒

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Guest

By right they should allow walk in for vaccination  since is the last batch minister mention.No need to wait for sms.Is a matter of how they handle it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Zealouslogue said:

I know its difficult for most of us to be patient but just... be patient. They will SMS, i promise. 


You promise? You think you LHL ah

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

registered interest on 11 June when it's open to rest of the population.

have yet to receive any sms to book appt.

my PR friend who registered same day already received the sms and appt confirmed.

whatever happen to the 2-week priority window for citizens?? 😒

 

Ah dear! You don't know must avoid narrow definition of "Singapore core" meh???

Come, I show you https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/avoid-narrow-definition-singapore-core-dpm-heng 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

 

Ah dear! You don't know must avoid narrow definition of "Singapore core" meh???

Come, I show you https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/avoid-narrow-definition-singapore-core-dpm-heng 

 

 

Lolz  🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ggzx08 said:

Registered interest last week and finally received the link to book appts today. 1st jab in a month's time. 

Had my first dose yesterday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never received anything. Still considering Sinoxxx or Morxxxxx. Morxxx 95% while Sinoxxx 56% don't mind paying but gahment got support so why not. 

 

Those who have taken do refrain for any kind of exercise for 1-2 weeks as there is news that few youngs ones who get vaccinated heart attack symptoms. 

 

Be safe then sorry right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Ggzx08 said:

Registered interest last week and finally received the link to book appts today. 1st jab in a month's time. 

 

Muahahahah... Even the maids and maybe the Bangla workers might have gotten both their shots first before you got your first. 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

 

Muahahahah... Even the maids and maybe the Bangla workers might have gotten both their shots first before you got your first. 🤣

Eh, boomers got their shots first lah. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

 

Muahahahah... Even the maids and maybe the Bangla workers might have gotten both their shots first before you got your first. 🤣

Haha, yeah. The sec lvl students also mah. But ok la, 早打完打好过没打 😆

Edited by Ggzx08
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest
1 hour ago, BudakFit said:

Never received anything. Still considering Sinoxxx or Morxxxxx. Morxxx 95% while Sinoxxx 56% don't mind paying but gahment got support so why not. 

 

Those who have taken do refrain for any kind of exercise for 1-2 weeks as there is news that few youngs ones who get vaccinated heart attack symptoms. 

 

Be safe then sorry right. 

why you want to jab sinovac since only 56%?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

why you want to jab sinovac since only 56%?

There are varying results from different trials in different countries. Also the time of the trial may have an effect on the rate. 

 

Those who have allergic reactions to the lipid nanoparticles in mRNA vaccines can try. Those who are worried about the long term effects of mRNA vaccines can also consider.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest
11 minutes ago, Derren said:

There are varying results from different trials in different countries. Also the time of the trial may have an effect on the rate. 

 

Those who have allergic reactions to the lipid nanoparticles in mRNA vaccines can try. Those who are worried about the long term effects of mRNA vaccines can also consider.

No one knows if they have allergic reactions to mRNA vaccine, only after jab then will know. But if the effective rate is only 56%, i find even after jab, like ended up like no jab, so why waste time? If want to jab, get the highest effective rate jab, if not might as well don't jab at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Fatty
On 6/20/2021 at 3:17 PM, Guest Guest said:

registered interest on 11 June when it's open to rest of the population.

have yet to receive any sms to book appt.

my PR friend who registered same day already received the sms and appt confirmed.

whatever happen to the 2-week priority window for citizens?? 😒

Who did you vote for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Guest guest said:

No one knows if they have allergic reactions to mRNA vaccine, only after jab then will know. But if the effective rate is only 56%, i find even after jab, like ended up like no jab, so why waste time? If want to jab, get the highest effective rate jab, if not might as well don't jab at all.

 

Some people have known allergies to certain ingredients in the mRNA vaccines. Also if there is allergic reaction to the first jab, it is not advisable to go for second shot. Then there is a group of people who are very worried about long-term side effects of mRNA vaccines.

 

For these groups, they can opt for Sinovac. 56% is definitely a lot better than "no jab at all". Moreover, there are studies that put the Sinovac's efficacy at about 80%. 

 

But I agree with you that mRNA vaccine is the better choice for those who can take it.

Edited by Derren
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest to jab or not to jab

The 56% and 95% efficacy rates as reported for Sinovac and mRNA vaccines respectively are open to interpretations. For the Pfizer studies, the 95% is arrived at bcos they require patients to report only if they fell sick, not that they recall everyone vaccinated to check their serology.
Even if the Sinovac is less effective, it nevertheless minimizes the hospitalization rate as well as the viral load. 
All said, it is better to be vaccinated then not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest to jab or not to jab said:

The 56% and 95% efficacy rates as reported for Sinovac and mRNA vaccines respectively are open to interpretations. For the Pfizer studies, the 95% is arrived at bcos they require patients to report only if they fell sick, not that they recall everyone vaccinated to check their serology.
Even if the Sinovac is less effective, it nevertheless minimizes the hospitalization rate as well as the viral load. 
All said, it is better to be vaccinated then not.

 

Not sure if there is any truth to what you had claimed "For the Pfizer studies, the 95% is arrived at bcos they require patients to report only if they fell sick, not that they recall everyone vaccinated to check their serology". Now, even if Pfizer really did that, what about the Chinese? Don't forget how they even managed to fake the COVID-19 death count at the beginning. If a country can even go that far to fake death count, why can't they also fake this "50%" efficiency?

 

There are rules to this vaccination approval, and China need to follow the global rules, whether they like the fact that the Americans and the Europeans were the ones to set it or not. But China has remained defiant in the face of global pressure to provide the world with data pertaining to their vaccine. We have heard enough of their excuses on not having enough people in their entire 1.3 billion population to conduct the tests. And yet, they dare to ship out the vaccine and get the world to use it? What are they hiding? 

 

We do not know what games China is playing with the vaccine. Perhaps they have really gone mad trying to earn money from the world. As a matter of fact, we don't even know if the vaccine will really help minimize hospitalization rates. Why bother taking this made-in-China vaccine when you have other vaccines available? China has a checkered history of putting profits first before human life. Remember the milk powder scam which caused thousands of baby heads to swell? Remember the slimming drug which caused the Singapore actress to go for a liver transplant? 

 

A leopard will never change its spots. Vaccine takers, beware. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest
13 hours ago, Derren said:

 

Some people have known allergies to certain ingredients in the mRNA vaccines. Also if there is allergic reaction to the first jab, it is not advisable to go for second shot. Then there is a group of people who are very worried about long-term side effects of mRNA vaccines.

 

For these groups, they can opt for Sinovac. 56% is definitely a lot better than "no jab at all". Moreover, there are studies that put the Sinovac's efficacy at about 80%. 

 

But I agree with you that mRNA vaccine is the better choice for those who can take it.

Many people have jab mRNA vaccines and no one seems to care about the long-term side effects, or if there is really any. How come people no worry on the side effect for  sinovac after jab? Sure to have side effects like mRNA vaccines right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

Many people have jab mRNA vaccines and no one seems to care about the long-term side effects, or if there is really any. How come people no worry on the side effect for  sinovac after jab? Sure to have side effects like mRNA vaccines right?

 

Although mRNA vaccine technology has been studied for many decades, this is the first time they are developed for real world use. There is thus no solid real-world data yet regarding long term side effects. 

 

On the other hand, Sinovac is based on the more traditional inactivated virus technology used in, for example, flu vaccines. 

 

Hence some people feel less worried to take the Sinovac shot.

 

 

Edited by Derren
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Beware of Disinformation

Lots of disinformation going on.

 

Please don't believe these scammers.

 

They're like those ah tiong scammers on Grindr trying damn hard to sell people shit that nobody wants. 

 

Just register again and you should get an sms to register and book slots.

 

In this case it is the free stuff that is best. 


Only those brainwashed read too much weibo or watch too much robot-voiced yt videos will pay to get something that the poor countries are being forced to use.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.who.int/news/item/01-06-2021-who-validates-sinovac-covid-19-vaccine-for-emergency-use-and-issues-interim-policy-recommendations

 

"WHO’s Strategic Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization (SAGE) has also completed its review of the vaccine. On the basis of available evidence, WHO recommends the vaccine for use in adults 18 years and older, in a two-dose schedule with a spacing of two to four weeks. Vaccine efficacy results showed that the vaccine prevented symptomatic disease in 51% of those vaccinated and prevented severe COVID-19 and hospitalization in 100% of the studied population."

 

There is an independent review by international experts of the Sinovac vaccine. 

 

13 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

 

Not sure if there is any truth to what you had claimed "For the Pfizer studies, the 95% is arrived at bcos they require patients to report only if they fell sick, not that they recall everyone vaccinated to check their serology". Now, even if Pfizer really did that, what about the Chinese? Don't forget how they even managed to fake the COVID-19 death count at the beginning. If a country can even go that far to fake death count, why can't they also fake this "50%" efficiency?

 

There are rules to this vaccination approval, and China need to follow the global rules, whether they like the fact that the Americans and the Europeans were the ones to set it or not. But China has remained defiant in the face of global pressure to provide the world with data pertaining to their vaccine. We have heard enough of their excuses on not having enough people in their entire 1.3 billion population to conduct the tests. And yet, they dare to ship out the vaccine and get the world to use it? What are they hiding? 

 

We do not know what games China is playing with the vaccine. Perhaps they have really gone mad trying to earn money from the world. As a matter of fact, we don't even know if the vaccine will really help minimize hospitalization rates. Why bother taking this made-in-China vaccine when you have other vaccines available? China has a checkered history of putting profits first before human life. Remember the milk powder scam which caused thousands of baby heads to swell? Remember the slimming drug which caused the Singapore actress to go for a liver transplant? 

 

A leopard will never change its spots. Vaccine takers, beware. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Apple Daily

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/they-relied-on-chinese-vaccines-now-theyre-battling-outbreaks

 

Questions grow about effectiveness of Chinese Covid-19 vaccines

 

  • PUBLISHED
    JUN 23, 2021, 2:07 PM SGT
 
 
 

NEW YORK (NYTIMES) - Mongolia promised its people a "Covid-free summer". Bahrain said there would be a return to normal life. The tiny island nation of the Seychelles aimed to jump-start its economy.

All three put their faith, at least in part, in easily accessible Chinese-made vaccines, which would allow them to roll out ambitious inoculation programmes at a time when much of the world was going without.

But instead of freedom from the coronavirus, all three countries are now battling a surge in infections.

 

China kicked off its vaccine diplomacy campaign last year by pledging to provide a shot that would be safe and effective at preventing severe cases of Covid-19.

Less certain at the time was how successful it and other vaccines would be at curbing transmission.

 

Now, examples from several countries suggest that the Chinese vaccines may not be very effective at preventing the spread of the virus, particularly the new variants.

 

The experiences of those countries lay bare a harsh reality facing a post-pandemic world: The degree of recovery may depend on which vaccines governments give to their people.

In the Seychelles, Chile, Bahrain and Mongolia, 50 per cent to 68 per cent of the populations have been fully inoculated, outpacing the United States, according to Our World in Data, a data-tracking project.

All four ranked among the top 10 countries with the worst Covid-19 outbreaks as recently as last week, according to data from The New York Times. And all four are mostly using shots made by two Chinese vaccine makers, Sinopharm and Sinovac Biotech.

"If the vaccines are sufficiently good, we should not see this pattern," said Professor Jin Dongyan, a virus expert at the University of Hong Kong. "The Chinese have a responsibility to remedy this."

 

Scientists do not know for certain why some countries with relatively high inoculation rates are suffering new outbreaks.

Variants, social controls that are eased too quickly and careless behaviour after only the first of a two-shot regimen are possibilities. But the breakthrough infections could have lasting consequences.

In the US, about 45 per cent of the population is fully vaccinated, mostly with doses made by Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna. Cases have dropped 94 per cent over six months.

Israel provided shots from Pfizer and has the second-highest vaccination rate in the world, after the Seychelles. The number of new daily confirmed Covid-19 cases in Israel is now around 4.95 per million.

In the Seychelles, which relied mostly on Sinopharm, that number is more than 716 cases per million.

Disparities such as these could create a world in which three types of countries emerge from the pandemic - the wealthy nations that used their resources to secure Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna shots, the poorer countries that are far away from immunising a majority of citizens, and then those that are fully inoculated but only partly protected.

China, as well as the more than 90 nations that have received the Chinese shots, may end up in the third group, contending with rolling lockdowns, testing and limits on day-to-day life for months or years to come.

 

Economies could remain held back. And as more citizens question the efficacy of Chinese doses, persuading unvaccinated people to line up for shots may also become more difficult.

One month after receiving his second dose of Sinopharm, Mr Otgonjargal Baatar fell ill and tested positive for Covid-19. The 31-year-old miner spent nine days in a hospital in Ulaanbaatar, the capital of Mongolia.

He said he was now questioning the usefulness of the shot. "People were convinced that if we were vaccinated, the summer will be free of Covid," he said. "Now it turns out that it's not true."

Beijing saw its vaccine diplomacy as an opportunity to emerge from the pandemic as a more influential global power. China's top leader, Mr Xi Jinping, pledged to deliver a Chinese shot that could be easily stored and transported to millions of people around the world.

He called it a "global public good". Mongolia was a beneficiary, jumping at the chance to score millions of Sinopharm shots. The small country quickly rolled out an inoculation programme and eased restrictions.

It has now vaccinated 52 per cent of its population. But on Sunday (June 20), it recorded 2,400 new infections, a quadrupling from a month before.

In a statement, China's Foreign Ministry said it did not see a link between the recent outbreaks and its vaccines. It cited the World Health Organisation as saying that vaccination rates in certain countries had not reached sufficient levels to prevent future outbreaks, and that countries needed to continue to maintain controls.

"Relevant reports and data also show that many countries that use Chinese-made vaccines have expressed that they are safe and reliable, and have played a good role in their epidemic prevention efforts," the ministry said.

China has also emphasised that its vaccines target severe disease rather than transmission.

No vaccine fully prevents transmission and people can still fall ill after being inoculated, but the relatively low efficacy rates of Chinese shots have been identified as a possible cause of the recent outbreaks.

Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna have efficacy rates of more than 90 per cent. A variety of other vaccines - including AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson - have efficacy rates of around 70 per cent.

The Sinopharm vaccine developed with the Beijing Institute of Biological Products has an efficacy rate of 78.1 per cent; the Sinovac vaccine has an efficacy rate of 51 per cent.

The Chinese companies have not released much clinical data to show how their vaccines work at preventing transmission.

On Monday, Dr Shao Yiming, a public health researcher with the Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, said that China needed to fully vaccinate 80 per cent to 85 per cent of its population to achieve herd immunity, revising a previous official estimate of 70 per cent.

Data on breakthrough infections has not been made available either, though a Sinovac study out of Chile showed that the vaccine was less effective than those from Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna at preventing infection among vaccinated individuals.

A representative from Sinopharm hung up the phone when reached for comment. Sinovac did not respond to a request for comment.

Dr William Schaffner, medical director of the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases at Vanderbilt University, said the efficacy rates of Chinese shots could be low enough "to sustain some transmission, as well as create illness of a substantial amount in the highly vaccinated population, even though it keeps people largely out of the hospital".

Despite the spike in cases, officials in both the Seychelles and Mongolia have defended Sinopharm, saying it is effective in preventing severe cases of the disease.

Mr Batbayar Ochirbat, head researcher of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies at Mongolia's Ministry of Health, said that Mongolia had made the right decision to go with the Chinese-made shot, in part because it had helped keep the mortality rate low in the country.

Data from Mongolia showed that the Sinopharm vaccine was actually more protective than the doses developed by AstraZeneca and Sputnik, a Russian vaccine, according to the Health Ministry.

The reason for the surge in Mongolia, Mr Batbayar said, is that the country reopened too quickly, and many people believed they were protected after only one dose. "I think you could say Mongolians celebrated too early," he said.

"My advice is the celebrations should start after the full vaccination, so this is the lesson learnt. There was too much confidence." Some health officials and scientists are less confident.

Dr Nikolai Petrovsky, a professor at the College of Medicine and Public Health at Flinders University in Australia, said that with all of the evidence, it would be reasonable to assume the Sinopharm vaccine has minimal effect on curbing transmission.

A major risk with the Chinese inoculation is that vaccinated people may have few or no symptoms and still spread the virus to others, he said.

"I think that this complexity has been lost on most decision-makers around the world."

In Indonesia, where a new variant is spreading, more than 350 doctors and healthcare workers recently came down with Covid-19 despite being fully vaccinated with Sinovac, according to the risk mitigation team of the Indonesian Medical Association.

Across the country, 61 doctors died between February and June 7. Ten of them had taken the Chinese-made vaccine, the association said.

The numbers were enough to make Kenneth Mak, Singapore's director of medical services, question the use of Sinovac. "It's not a problem associated with Pfizer," said Mak at a news conference on Friday. "This is actually a problem associated with the Sinovac vaccine."

Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates were the first two countries to approve the Sinopharm shot, even before late-stage clinical trial data was released. Since then, there have been extensive reports of vaccinated people falling ill in both countries.

In a statement, the Bahraini government's media office said the kingdom's vaccine roll-out had been "efficient and successful to date".

Still, last month, officials from Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates announced they would offer a third booster shot. The choices: Pfizer or more Sinopharm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2021 at 9:25 AM, Derren said:

 

Some people have known allergies to certain ingredients in the mRNA vaccines. Also if there is allergic reaction to the first jab, it is not advisable to go for second shot. Then there is a group of people who are very worried about long-term side effects of mRNA vaccines.

 

For these groups, they can opt for Sinovac. 56% is definitely a lot better than "no jab at all". Moreover, there are studies that put the Sinovac's efficacy at about 80%. 

 

But I agree with you that mRNA vaccine is the better choice for those who can take it.

 

Good news for the above-mentioned groups! A new non-mRNA vaccine from the US called Novavax with reports of 91% efficacy will be coming to SG. The only catch is that it is expected to be ready only at the end of the year.

 

 

Edited by Derren
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Derren said:

 

Good news for the above-mentioned groups! A new nom-mRNA vaccine from the US called Novavax with reports of 91% efficacy will be coming to SG. The only catch is that it is expected to be ready only at the end of the year.

 

Hopefully better than Sinovac. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Derren said:

 

Good news for the above-mentioned groups! A new non-mRNA vaccine from the US called Novavax with reports of 91% efficacy will be coming to SG. The only catch is that it is expected to be ready only at the end of the year.

 

 

New? It means no countries have use this Novavax vaccine before? Wonder it is safe or not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for sharing 👍

 

Hmm....might as well get jab next year till all facts details is all out. 

 

One dose jab is 6months...another dose for 6months...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...

Maybe there's something wrong with your phone number, and you didn't get the message. Try using a different phone number. Confirmation from the vaccine should come on the same day (in my case was like that). You can try using a temporary phone number Germany to see if it works. And since it works with a temporary number, it means that something is wrong with your phone number, and that's why you didn't receive the confirmation SMS. I hope I have helped you and that you will be vaccinated soon to protect yourself. Good luck!

Edited by Odenkurtiak
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
Guest guest
On 8/2/2022 at 5:20 AM, Guest Jiang26 said:

I'm also waiting. Should I rather do walk-in? If so, where? I'll do it for free

You can go to website to make your booking, no need to wait for any sms.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
counter