Male HQ

Does anyone know any good medication for people suffering from COPD?

I have an ailing grandmother who suffers from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It's something very common among older folks that smoke. Unfortunately, she is unable to quite smoking. After she was admitted to the hospital early last year when she caught a bad flu, which was made much worse due to underlying COPD, she has toned down the amount of smoking. She tells me, she used to use up a pack of 20 in a day but now, one pack of 20 can last her 3 days. Recently, she started to cough more and for longer durations. Usually, she gets a bad cough due to spicy food irritating her throat but now, she can just start coughing while sitting on the sofa watching TV. She has been taking medicine that helps to dissolve phlegm but seeing how her coughing is getting worse, I am becoming increasingly dissatisfied with this medicine. Does anyone have any friends/relatives/family members who are old-aged smokers and who experience similar health complications? If you do, perhaps, you could help ask around to see what kind of medication they take to help lessen the severity of these complications? Thanks!

Edited by purplegiraffe

• purplegiraffe changed the title to Does anyone know any good medication for people suffering from COPD?
Guest are we doctors?

why do some people here always think we are doctors?

I don't think it is advisable to ask such medical questions here.

For doctors there are different branches too, ...

You should have asked this the doctor of your grandma.

If you think the initial doctor did not prescribe the best treatment, then seek a second opinion.

But here, we are all laymen. I would never dare to give any comment...

• 2 years later...

I was diagnosed with severe COPD and emphysema at 48. I had LVRS (lung volume reduction surgery) a year later, which I am forever grateful for it actually led me to www madibaherbalcenter . com . I have read some of their stories online before using their natural herbal formula , I had very hard time breathing then, and even more so at night, it was so bad I can’t sleep. I get up with a tight chest that feels blocked and can’t breathe well at all,I was excused from normal life responsibilities but natural herbs from madibaherbalcenter . com really helped but sometimes I think is God prodigy that I was able to treat my Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease but madibaherbalcenter . com herbal formula has a big impact on my recovery because my lung condition has been fully reversed. They do things for me, and was too happy to comply with their service. This is an equitable way to get off your COPD emphysema.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.