Male HQ

Is Asian well-received in other countries other than Asia itself?

Guest Descendent22

Guest Descendent22

So I'm about to travel to Melbourne, Australia for a 2-month long training.

Im just wondering if a short(165cm) cute twinkish Chinese guy like me is well-received in Australia? Or I have no game at all? Be it pubs clubs or saunas...

please anyone enlighten me! I don't mean to put myself in an inferior position anyway. Thx!

It really depends. If you are hot (not just simply a cute twink. -- too many Asian students here) you will have fun. If you are average looking, you probably will only have the attention from old, unattractive guys. There are many Asians in Melbourne, so there's no novelty value for being an Asian. Frankly, not many young white dudes are interested in hooking up with Asians. Neither are many Asians, unfortunately. But it is not a racist place. It's simply the result of supply and demand. Plus being short, you are better off being a bottom. Good luck.

3 hours ago, Guest Descendent22 said:

So I'm about to travel to Melbourne, Australia for a 2-month long training.

Im just wondering if a short(165cm) cute twinkish Chinese guy like me is well-received in Australia? Or I have no game at all? Be it pubs clubs or saunas...

please anyone enlighten me! I don't mean to put myself in an inferior position anyway. Thx!

Check to see where Asians gather...find the right place, you'll be well-received, no worries! ^_^

On 4/16/2016 at 4:28 AM, Guest said:

It really depends. If you are hot (not just simply a cute twink. -- too many Asian students here) you will have fun. If you are average looking, you probably will only have the attention from old, unattractive guys. There are many Asians in Melbourne, so there's no novelty value for being an Asian. Frankly, not many young white dudes are interested in hooking up with Asians. Neither are many Asians, unfortunately. But it is not a racist place. It's simply the result of supply and demand. Plus being short, you are better off being a bottom. Good luck.

Well said.

Add on, usually the asians there  wont go for asians.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Set your expectations not too high else you will be disappointed. If you into GWM generally the older ones more attracted to younger Asians not the other way around unless you are HOT. GAM in AngMoh countries usually into GWM as they prefer white sausages only the single old GAM would probably like chap chai.

Guest sgaus

Been in Sydney for 10 years and noticed that many GAMs in Australia do tend to go for GWMs.
And some of them would look down on fellow GAMs as they would see them as 'competition' for their GWMs.

Melbourne scene is similar to Sydney, so small anyway the Australian AJ scene, with both cities full of GAMs.

As for me, I only wanted to date GAMs as it was my preference. Although I was picked up by GWMs too, but just remained friends with them. But kinda offended when GAMs think lesser of other GAMs, those I personally encountered.

Best would be have no expectations. Just enjoy and be yourself and who cares if they reject you, there's always a better guy you have yet to meet! :)

You'll feel like the local Aussies there are tourists cause there are too many Asians studying and settling down there, esp bigger cities like Melbourne and Sydney. 

Everyone has their own market, and since you're a twink then I guess it won't be too difficult for you. Get your apps ready to mingle around. 

So can young n hot gam get young hot gwm?

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Descendant22

I was in Europe earlier this year been to a few countries.

i had no problem laying young guys(Mediterranean, German, Belgian even black)

I got a lot of from Grindr probably reason being I was the only Asian person on the app in miles? So what should an Asian person expect in Melbourne?

21 hours ago, Guest Descendant22 said:

I was in Europe earlier this year been to a few countries.

i had no problem laying young guys(Mediterranean, German, Belgian even black)

I got a lot of from Grindr probably reason being I was the only Asian person on the app in miles? So what should an Asian person expect in Melbourne?

You won't be the only asian in the village.

If you are staying in the CBD, you will feel like you are living in Asia.

Which, IMHO, I think Australia is very much apart of Asia now.

Just think of it as an adventure and an experience.^_^

It really depends. The asian australians prefer whites. They have white fever. I get many messages in Singapore but in Australia, even my Indian sg friends are more popular. First few times, being rejected or ignored for 'preferences' was hard to swallow and at times it kinda felt like 'preference' was a thin veil for racism but Melbourne is pretty big and there will always be someone for you if you wait long enough.

You'll attract the geriatrics.  No fit hot white aussie in Melbourne would want to associate with Asians.  And the Asian aussies will zoom in for the whites, and largely avoid other Asians. 

Caucasians have the finest features, fairest complexion n fittest physique, its not surprising if they r not attracted to other races they consider lesser attractive than them.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

15 minutes ago, fab said:

Caucasians have the finest features, fairest complexion n fittest physique, its not surprising if they r not attracted to other races they consider lesser attractive than them.

You watched too many Hollywood movies are you? I used to think like you but not until I live in an Ang Moh country, they are mostly fat, hairy and unattractive also have bad skin and aged faster.

15 hours ago, Guest said:

You watched too many Hollywood movies are you? I used to think like you but not until I live in an Ang Moh country, they are mostly fat, hairy and unattractive also have bad skin and aged faster.

I am no fanatic SPG but come on. In Singapore many of the local gays once pass 40+ look shrivelled, hair drop off, horrible complexion (due to too much sun and tanning when young).

32 minutes ago, Guest said:

I am no fanatic SPG but come on. In Singapore many of the local gays once pass 40+ look shrivelled, hair drop off, horrible complexion (due to too much sun and tanning when young).

Probably those are SPGs like to tanned their skin in order to attract AMDK, but in general non whites tend to look younger than their age than the whites as they spent too much in the sun to get tanned causing sun damaged skin.

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Probably those are SPGs like to tanned their skin in order to attract AMDK, but in general non whites tend to look younger than their age than the whites as they spent too much in the sun to get tanned causing sun damaged skin.

Eh, Hello. Tanned lean body is super in demand by local Asian gays, not just Angmo. Of course there is another group of locals (Chinese Singaporeans) who go more for the North East Asian, fair skin look.

The point is, in response to the TS, unless you are super hunky, hairless body and drop dead gorgeous, you would most likely be snubbed by even the middle aged white aussies. No way the young and stereotypically chiselled buffed white aussie will ever be found dead going after an Asian.  They'd rather go after a daddy figure who is also white, regardless of nationality.  If you're a twink, you'll attract the decrepit grandfathers who would want you to ride on them.  If you're buffed,  the aged, fast and ugly will want you to top them. That's the reality of the gay scene in Melbourne, sauna, club or otherwise. The good looking rice queens have run to Sydney,  which is more segmented and thus diverse in taste. 

14 minutes ago, Guest said:

The point is, in response to the TS, unless you are super hunky, hairless body and drop dead gorgeous, you would most likely be snubbed by even the middle aged white aussies. No way the young and stereotypically chiselled buffed white aussie will ever be found dead going after an Asian.  They'd rather go after a daddy figure who is also white, regardless of nationality.  If you're a twink, you'll attract the decrepit grandfathers who would want you to ride on them.  If you're buffed,  the aged, fast and ugly will want you to top them. That's the reality of the gay scene in Melbourne, sauna, club or otherwise. The good looking rice queens have run to Sydney,  which is more segmented and thus diverse in taste. 

Hard truth, I've seen a super hunk, drop dead gawjes GAM but he was short, I think he was from Hong Kong in a sauna of down under land, he went into a mirror room with a young white hunky lad (from his appearance a Greek god..hehe). Most of GWM that attracted to GAM are in fact non Anglo. The Anglo GWM are just too high valued and arrogant to be with sub-human(s) - that's what they would even described the Aboriginal of traditional land owner.

As someone who's a long time resident in Melbourne,  i find that some posts here are a bit more pessimistic than the reality on the ground. I am a middle aged Chinese  guy who is not particularly good looking but age well with gym toned, although not too muscular body. I am still able to hook up with good lokking guys between mid 20s to late 40s without difficulty in Melbourne.  Probably 85% of my sexual partners are white, even if I don't have racial preference.  I think if you are in good shape and self confident, then you should be doing fine. Just don't expect that guys will be attracted to you simply because you are an Asian. The sad thing in Australia is that many Asians are lack of self confidence and respect. Sometimes I see some good looking young guys go into a room with truly awful looking ang mohs, I would say to myself WTF? Some less attractive Asians in saunas are pests, they would try to suck  some any mohs in the steam room who clearly show no interest and visibly get annoyed. These people give Asians bad name frankly. On the other hand, truly stunning looking Asians are doing well. Another fact is that more and more younger generations of white guys seem to be interested in or receptive to Asian guys. 

Finally,  let me emphasize this: confidence and self respect are very important. It shows in any public occasions.

On 4/19/2016 at 6:22 PM, Guest said:

Hard truth, I've seen a super hunk, drop dead gawjes GAM but he was short, I think he was from Hong Kong in a sauna of down under land, he went into a mirror room with a young white hunky lad (from his appearance a Greek god..hehe). Most of GWM that attracted to GAM are in fact non Anglo. The Anglo GWM are just too high valued and arrogant to be with sub-human(s) - that's what they would even described the Aboriginal of traditional land owner.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

10 hours ago, Guest said:

As someone who's a long time resident in Melbourne,  i find that some posts here are a bit more pessimistic than the reality on the ground. I am a middle aged Chinese  guy who is not particularly good looking but age well with gym toned, although not too muscular body. I am still able to hook up with good lokking guys between mid 20s to late 40s without difficulty in Melbourne.  Probably 85% of my sexual partners are white, even if I don't have racial preference.  I think if you are in good shape and self confident, then you should be doing fine. Just don't expect that guys will be attracted to you simply because you are an Asian. The sad thing in Australia is that many Asians are lack of self confidence and respect. Sometimes I see some good looking young guys go into a room with truly awful looking ang mohs, I would say to myself WTF? Some less attractive Asians in saunas are pests, they would try to suck  some any mohs in the steam room who clearly show no interest and visibly get annoyed. These people give Asians bad name frankly. On the other hand, truly stunning looking Asians are doing well. Another fact is that more and more younger generations of white guys seem to be interested in or receptive to Asian guys. 

Finally,  let me emphasize this: confidence and self respect are very important. It shows in any public occasions.

I agree with what you said. Unfortunately "Asians" (trying not to generalise) are normally supper bitchy and womanly (probably from the overly-spoilt environment as boys being brought by Asian mothers). Not only they lack confidence, but they will try backstab each other in order to get white meat. 

I used to live in Australia so I know what is going on. 

Guest sgaus
16 hours ago, Guest said:

I agree with what you said. Unfortunately "Asians" (trying not to generalise) are normally supper bitchy and womanly (probably from the overly-spoilt environment as boys being brought by Asian mothers). Not only they lack confidence, but they will try backstab each other in order to get white meat. 

I used to live in Australia so I know what is going on. 

Unfortunately, this IS a very true fact for many GAMS that I have known in Sydney and Melbourne.

Not generalizing ALL but MOST of the GAMs in Sydney are known to be like that.

One example (I have experienced SOOOO many cases but just sharing one for today):

I have a Vietnamese Aussie GAM colleague who told me he would NEVER date an Asian when we chatted about dating life.

In fact, it was like the first thing he said to me when he found out that I'm AJ years ago.

I was quite in fact taken aback by it and asked him if he was like hinting to me to 'back off' from him (he's kinda hot too but personality like a bitchy sister).

Anyway, I was quite offended but then you have no choice right? Have to make friends with colleagues and etc.

So, I told him I'm attached (and he asked me if my partner is Aussie white), and I just told him my partner is Aussie HK.

Then he's like, oh (very bored) after.

Till one day, he saw my partner came to fetch me in his Ferrari.

He was like so nice to me the next day. Kept telling people about my partner's car (so irritating).

So I kept my distance and remain cordial with him.

Didn't even invite him to our place for dinners (invited other peeps from office).

He asked me another time why I never invited him, and I cannot hold it in anymore so I  just sarcastically replied to him that, 'I thought you don't like to hang around Asian gays?'.

To which, he smiled and laughed like a sheep.

So, yes there will be rejection but so what? The person's probably not worth your time anyway!

Move on to the next guy, don't dwell on the nasty gays.

2 hours ago, Guest sgaus said:

Unfortunately, this IS a very true fact for many GAMS that I have known in Sydney and Melbourne.

Not generalizing ALL but MOST of the GAMs in Sydney are known to be like that.

One example (I have experienced SOOOO many cases but just sharing one for today):

I have a Vietnamese Aussie GAM colleague who told me he would NEVER date an Asian when we chatted about dating life.

In fact, it was like the first thing he said to me when he found out that I'm AJ years ago.

I was quite in fact taken aback by it and asked him if he was like hinting to me to 'back off' from him (he's kinda hot too but personality like a bitchy sister).

Anyway, I was quite offended but then you have no choice right? Have to make friends with colleagues and etc.

So, I told him I'm attached (and he asked me if my partner is Aussie white), and I just told him my partner is Aussie HK.

Then he's like, oh (very bored) after.

Till one day, he saw my partner came to fetch me in his Ferrari.

He was like so nice to me the next day. Kept telling people about my partner's car (so irritating).

So I kept my distance and remain cordial with him.

Didn't even invite him to our place for dinners (invited other peeps from office).

He asked me another time why I never invited him, and I cannot hold it in anymore so I  just sarcastically replied to him that, 'I thought you don't like to hang around Asian gays?'.

To which, he smiled and laughed like a sheep.

So, yes there will be rejection but so what? The person's probably not worth your time anyway!

Move on to the next guy, don't dwell on the nasty gays.

He is probably interested in 'stealing' your partner as he is a gold mine lol. 

• 2 years later...
On 4/20/2016 at 11:46 AM, Guest said:

I agree with quite a bit of what the above guest has said as someone who has lived there for more than 20 years. Things have changed a lot. Confidence and attitude has a lot to do with it. It’s not just about looking good. The diversity of tastes have changed over the years.

Many still talk about the stereotypical geriatric attraction (nothing wrong with that if you like uncles ;)) but around Melbourne taste is diverse. I see gams partnered with gams, with older gwm, with gwm their own age and with younger gwm etc. It also seems to me that the China hunks are less hung up about having to hook up with gwms. Lastly, don’t stereotyoe the gwms as they come from all over the world and are not ‘all the same’.

Of course there are some racists who will reject non-whites but anyone with self-worth should just move on from these losers right? Tastes are really changing and the recent rise of the Pandas in Melb is another example of this.

In terms of apps, Grindr is used but so are other apps like Scruff (for those who like some scruffiness), Growlr (for those who like bears and cubs), Blue (where the Chinese hang out) and Planet Romeo. Meanwhile there are websites like Squirt and Manhunt which are more popular in Aus than in Singapore.

Sorry I have no intel on Saunas as I am not in the market for that lol. Anyways- at the end of the day Melbourne is known for food, culture and coffee. The Drag Queens of Ru Paul are currently touring Australia too haha. Enjoy and travel safe.

Lastly, shouldn’t this thread be in Travelling Hut?

Guest sure thing
On 4/18/2016 at 6:43 AM, Guest said:

It really depends. The asian australians prefer whites. They have white fever. I get many messages in Singapore but in Australia, even my Indian sg friends are more popular. First few times, being rejected or ignored for 'preferences' was hard to swallow and at times it kinda felt like 'preference' was a thin veil for racism but Melbourne is pretty big and there will always be someone for you if you wait long enough.

Maybe what you describe boils down to a fair revenge for the discrimination of darker tanned guys in Singapore by one specific Asian ethnic...

From my experience white Australians are not even that intolerant and discriminative as that ethnical Asian majority group....

Guest Guest#1
3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Only young , fit , cute and handsome  Asian  guys are well liked there ...

That's not necessarily true.. I am 55yo., 70kg, 172cm, above the average look. My advantage is that I am fit with a gym toned body and probably look like in my 40s. I am a versatile bottom. I can have multiple sexual partners if I go to Wet (the most popular sauna) in a busy Sunday afternoon. 80% of the encounters are with Caucasian guys who are younger. I don't think I am well sought after, but my standard is not low either. Sometimes, I get to have sex with very attractive guys. I think the key is to be confident and with a gym toned body. Age is less important. If you have a big dick, you will be well sought after, but we Asians can not compete in that department. In summary, I have probably equal attention or opportunity in either Singapore or Melbourne, but I have more fun in Melbourne since I like different varieties of guys.

Off topic here: I got the most attention when I travel to China. It seems that many young guys there like older guys. If you go there, make sure you get the  Blued app.

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, Guest Guest#1 said:

That's not necessarily true.. I am 55yo., 70kg, 172cm, above the average look. My advantage is that I am fit with a gym toned body and probably look like in my 40s. I am a versatile bottom. I can have multiple sexual partners if I go to Wet (the most popular sauna) in a busy Sunday afternoon. 80% of the encounters are with Caucasian guys who are younger. I don't think I am well sought after, but my standard is not low either. Sometimes, I get to have sex with very attractive guys. I think the key is to be confident and with a gym toned body. Age is less important. If you have a big dick, you will be well sought after, but we Asians can not compete in that department. In summary, I have probably equal attention or opportunity in either Singapore or Melbourne, but I have more fun in Melbourne since I like different varieties of guys.

Off topic here: I got the most attention when I travel to China. It seems that many young guys there like older guys. If you go there, make sure you get the  Blued app.

Try saying it ten years later .....without botox 

Guest Guest#1
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Try saying it ten years later .....without botox 

In ten years time, I will happily retire. What's the big deal? I have already achieved financial security, meaning a fully paid for property and sizeable pension.

Guest DontGo

Some if not most Australians are a deeply conservative, insular and fearful people with a collective delusion that they are laidback and forward thinking.

Guest Haha!
31 minutes ago, Guest DontGo said:

Some if not most Australians are a deeply conservative, insular and fearful people with a collective delusion that they are laidback and forward thinking.

You’re deluded dude! 

Guest DontGo
1 minute ago, Guest Haha! said:

You’re deluded dude! 

Unless you are a hunk and good looking else you will only attract lao ang moh in down under. Are you?

I'm not particularly young nor goodlooking but I had my share of fun in both Sydney, Melbourne and other countries. Just be yourself. If they reject you, move on... It's not like you don't rejected here in Asian countries either duhh?

Guest teeyak
1 hour ago, Guest DontGo said:

yep , you hit the nail right on the head. 

and they keep electing mp who they wont trust to run the country.

Guest Australia opinion

Generally I feel for Asians, whites like Southeast Asians more. Like Thais, Malays etc. You know white men always like to go looking for Thai or Pinoy wife right? The Gay ones also the same. But look for men. They like the tanned look.

Guest Fair Chinese
29 minutes ago, Guest Australia opinion said:

Generally I feel for Asians, whites like Southeast Asians more. Like Thais, Malays etc. You know white men always like to go looking for Thai or Pinoy wife right? The Gay ones also the same. But look for men. They like the tanned look.

Not for the darker skin but for the superiority complex of white dominate the darker.

That's why they flock to poor countries where they're pampered like kings. The poorest countries like Cambodia, Laos and Sri Lanka attract the most pedos.

We fair Asians have caught up with them and most of us consider to be their equals so they've lost the superiority complex and privileges. Except maybe left those bananas like ab***, who are stuck in their colonial mindsets and because maybe they are darker.

Guest Australia
1 hour ago, Guest Fair Chinese said:

Not for the darker skin but for the superiority complex of white dominate the darker.

That's why they flock to poor countries where they're pampered like kings. The poorest countries like Cambodia, Laos and Sri Lanka attract the most pedos.

We fair Asians have caught up with them and most of us consider to be their equals so they've lost the superiority complex and privileges. Except maybe left those bananas like ab***, who are stuck in their colonial mindsets and because maybe they are darker.

Europeans like tanned skin. It’s not that deep. 

On 8/8/2018 at 5:31 PM, Guest Fair Chinese said:

Nnnn lol no

In a study by the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force on LGBT Asian Americans and Pacific Islands Americans, 82% of the surveyed participants reporting experiencing racism from white members of the LGBT community

Gay Asian men frequently experience racism on gay dating websites, where it is common for profiles to state a sexual preference for men of certain races, such as "No Asians",[69] or "No fats, no femmes, no Asians".[70] 

Some Asian gay men report being "relegated to the bottom of the attractiveness spectrum" due to "racial lookism", a combination of racism and lookism.[71] White gay men are more frequently than other racial groups to indicate "No Asians" when seeking partners

In many English speaking countries, there is a strict racial hierarchy where White men are at the top and Asian men are somewhere far beneath

Guest Fair Chinese
5 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Nnnn lol no

In a study by the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force on LGBT Asian Americans and Pacific Islands Americans, 82% of the surveyed participants reporting experiencing racism from white members of the LGBT community

Gay Asian men frequently experience racism on gay dating websites, where it is common for profiles to state a sexual preference for men of certain races, such as "No Asians",[69] or "No fats, no femmes, no Asians".[70] 

Some Asian gay men report being "relegated to the bottom of the attractiveness spectrum" due to "racial lookism", a combination of racism and lookism.[71] White gay men are more frequently than other racial groups to indicate "No Asians" when seeking partners

In many English speaking countries, there is a strict racial hierarchy where White men are at the top and Asian men are somewhere far beneath

Duh, that's simply some majority discriminating some minorities. Happens anywhere.

We are majority here in Asia so we discriminate some too.

Important thing is have some backbones and be proud of who you are.

it is ironic where u are concious  about how the ang moh perceive u in their country where in your own country you are racist with other asians and worst you treat them like trash. so now u created this post where in you yourself are the no 1 starter of this racist thing

Guest Old good looking Asian Btm

I am not young, but I often find older GWM are more attracted to me in Singapore.  I have yet to find one really attractive though, otherwise I will open my legs wide for them and married to a GWM and live happily thereafter.  

To those going to melborne to do whatever you were there to do, don't rush into gay fantasy.  My advice is to understand the gay scenes first before you plunge in.  Always start slow, look around, be vegliant, friendly (non cocky) and give your best good-natured behavior to make friends for a start.  Once rooted, let nature take its course. 

• G_M changed the title to Is Asian well-received in other countries other than Asia itself?
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.