Male HQ

What is the major lesson that you learned in your current job?

Guest Bridgette

On 10/2/2021 at 8:42 PM, Guest Bridgette said:

Not current but in general. 

Greatest lesson is working is:

Suffering being together with the ones we dislike or hate due to the bad karma we created having offended them. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Having worked in a few Asian cities (societies), my general observations are these:

In Greater China, if you are the boss, staff will suck up to you in a very obvious way. One needs to get into the 'greater china' mentality when working with them. PRCs are generally increasingly competitive.

HKers are hardworking, good and skilful at playing office politics. Bosses makes u work very hard, and they normally work as hard. 

In Spore, staff is hardworking (but generally lack passion), bosses makes you work very hard, but will not work as hard themselves.  In office politics, Sporean do not bother to be refined, and often show the nasty (boss') and nonchalant (staff's) side.

Malaysia is in-between HK and Spore.  

Angmoh are not into all these (hardworking or politics), probably to them (with different perks and benefits), Asians are of a different category.  Also from a different culture.

On 10/3/2021 at 9:48 PM, Guest Loyalty said:

Nothing much to expect now, hold tight and treasure what you have now. There are handful of people out there waiting to take over us.

CECA?

On 10/3/2021 at 8:01 PM, Guest Tree said:

Having worked in a few Asian cities (societies), my general observations are these:

In Greater China, if you are the boss, staff will suck up to you in a very obvious way. One needs to get into the 'greater china' mentality when working with them. PRCs are generally increasingly competitive.

HKers are hardworking, good and skilful at playing office politics. Bosses makes u work very hard, and they normally work as hard. 

In Spore, staff is hardworking (but generally lack passion), bosses makes you work very hard, but will not work as hard themselves.  In office politics, Sporean do not bother to be refined, and often show the nasty (boss') and nonchalant (staff's) side.

Malaysia is in-between HK and Spore.  

Angmoh are not into all these (hardworking or politics), probably to them (with different perks and benefits), Asians are of a different category.  Also from a different culture.

臣之怠则王疲 (lazy staffs resulting busy boss). It means Boss will get busy with all things and boss can not focus on leading the company to achieve company's goals. Therefore, in sg bosses are smart boss ;D

What I've learnt in my previous jobs:

Never work for people because their only intentions is to keep you poor so that they can make you become obedient while making themselves rich and powerful. 

• 1 year later...
Guest Agree 200 percent
On 10/4/2021 at 7:07 PM, Guest Guest said:

What I've learnt in my previous jobs:

Never work for people because their only intentions is to keep you poor so that they can make you become obedient while making themselves rich and powerful. 

Agree 👍👍👍👍👍👍 

All the same. Sing praises, motherhood statements of teamwork.

When it comes to money, they are not team players at all.👎👎👎👎👎👎👎🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭

On 7/23/2023 at 10:09 AM, Guest Beef Fundoshi said:

Do not trust anyone. You are there to work and move up. They are not your friends or family. One day, you'll be replaced.

Yup my life been down toll .... I been meeting PLU people throughout my entire careers dejavu.... Tht why I stop looking fr job fr now cause everyone seems to.kniw I m.plu n some discrimination again LGBTQ.most  career bosses are in govt they lied they are married but actually they are single to protect there Identity even though my radar is strong n can tell they are PLU the Attire they were wearing it's very obvious 😂 n they knw me.and Boom her I go become there replacement because I found out ,,😆

Edited by JyT

Guest clumsy

Life lesson is dont expect promotion and dont expect people give you opportunity.. dont waste time on a job that keeps you in the same position and same nature of the jobscope... walk away and live your life. Losing a job is nothing compared to losing yourself. sleep well take mc chill in job. Never meet anyone expectation because they arent paying you to do so... Remember, the compensation is paid within your capacity and not meeting their expectations.

Guest guest
On 7/26/2023 at 12:07 AM, NE-STR said:

Don't get involved in politics and in the event if you need to choose sides, think long term for your future in the company.

No wonder i see so many people in office know who to mix and talk to and who to have lunch with.

On 10/2/2021 at 8:42 PM, Guest Bridgette said:

I have since learned that I have a boss 

Guest Guest

Learn never tell to one colleague u have hiv .Thought is suppose to be a secret between them but ended up the whole company knew it and this poor fellow cannot enjoy peace in his work .All scare to share foidwirh him .

4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Learn never tell to one colleague u have hiv .Thought is suppose to be a secret between them but ended up the whole company knew it and this poor fellow cannot enjoy peace in his work .All scare to share foidwirh him .

Hugs

Guest Guest
9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

There is no secret in the office, it is the same for every company. Whether guy or gal also like to gossip and cannot keep secret in workplace. So best is never share your personal things with colleagues in the company, esp those stuff that really personal.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.