Male HQ

Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Sprains and Strains

JesseA

I have been into sports for more than a dacade and got several injuries. The worst part I found out is to go through some extremely harsh treatments that might have several side effects. I started looking for natural remedies and learned about an Ancient Indian Medication, Ayurveda. I followed few books and a site called iahas.com and gathered knowledge about different herbs and spices.

However the most common injury in any sports is sprain and strain. Some extremely effective ayurvedic home remedies can help you treat sprain and strain.

Most importantly, whenever you get a sprain or strain, wrap up the area in an elastic bandage as quickly as possible.

Drink Juice: drinking pineapple or pomegranate juice is very important and effective. These two fruits have anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant properties which help to cure the sprain and strain quickly.Mustard Seed Tea Bag: For ankle sprain, soaking your foot in a pot of hot water with a mustard seed tea bag is very useful. To make this tea bag, put 2 tsp of mustard seed in a cheesecloth or other similar cloth and tie it up. Then plunge the knotted cloth with mustard seed in the hot water.Healing Paste: This herbal paste made of Turmeric and salt is a great remedy to reduce your swelling. Just add about half tsp of turmeric and half tsp of salt and then mix it with water to make a paste. Apply on the injured area.

If anyone have any other natural remedies for other injuries , I would like to hear.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.