Male HQ

Is Glucosamine good for the body?

Guest Guandong

Years ago,  I took glucosamine supplements for many years. "Osteo Bi-Flex triple strength".  Their claims are great.  "Relief in 7 days".

But I could never figure out if they helped me or how much.  I also added to my food gelatin, beef broth and other things.  I used to have trouble with my right knee joint after running too much.  I never experienced a 'miracle' from glucosamine or gelatin.

My problem with my right knee disappeared after many years of consistently doing heavy squats with good form,  and to this is what I attribute the good health of my knees. I know that squats sound counterproductive,  but they are good for the knees.

In the beginning of my 70s I started to feel a mild onset of arthritis in some of my joints. Getting up from my chair, getting down on my knees was a bit painful.   This has completely disappeared after 6 years of stretching and practicing Aikido.  Now my theory for preserving a good joint is:  USE IT AND DON'T LOSE IT.  

Edited by Steve5380

On 11/28/2021 at 7:10 AM, Steve5380 said:

Years ago,  I took glucosamine supplements for many years. "Osteo Bi-Flex triple strength".  Their claims are great.  "Relief in 7 days".

But I could never figure out if they helped me or how much.  I also added to my food gelatin, beef broth and other things.  I used to have trouble with my right knee joint after running too much.  I never experienced a 'miracle' from glucosamine or gelatin.

My problem with my right knee disappeared after many years of consistently doing heavy squats with good form,  and to this is what I attribute the good health of my knees. I know that squats sound counterproductive,  but they are good for the knees.

In the beginning of my 70s I started to feel a mild onset of arthritis in some of my joints. Getting up from my chair, getting down on my knees was a bit painful.   This has completely disappeared after 6 years of stretching and practicing Aikido.  Now my theory for preserving a good joint is:  USE IT AND DON'T LOSE IT.  

thanks for your feedback. i think likewise too! same experience.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.