Male HQ

Chubs/Chubby Boys Get Healthy

Btyred91

On 12/9/2021 at 3:53 PM, Btyred91 said:

I'm a chubby guy (BMI used to be north of 42, and it is now down to 37.1) and I have been for the most of my life. Recently, I turned 30 and started to make conscious changes in my life to become healthier and happier with myself. The desire to be around my loved ones for as long as I can, to care for them and experience new things motivated me even more. 

This is not to say that you cannot be happy with yourself otherwise, but I know first hand what it is like to feel like you're in a rut that you cannot pull yourself out of. Sometimes we just need to experience a nudge from one person who knows exactly what to say, with no judgement.

This post is not a show of vanity, nor is it a plea for public validation. It's one of affirmation, kindness & love. Fitness posters never (at least not that I've seen in Singapore) capture plus-sized individuals struggling to catch their breath while running on a treadmill, or falling over because they can't even hold themselves up. Yet, it isn't said enough how much effort and pain a fat person needs to put in and experience before seeing any result. 

So I'm taking the first step and reaching out. This isn't a professional personal trainer selling you a training package (not that there's anything wrong with that!) - Fat guy to other fat guys: If anybody feels like you need somebody to speak to, confide in, or work together with to get healthier and happier, feel free to reach out to me via DMs, or leave comments/questions following this post. If things fall in place, we might even consider doing some activity together! 

Your Friend,
B

A wonderful initiative! Hope overweight guys will help each other. The mental aspect is very crucial. Throughout the fitness journey, you will need encouragement and nudging from buddies who will hold you "accountable" and root for you. For good health!!! 

• 4 weeks later...

I believe a fit guy helping a fat guy to get healthy is much more efficient than a fat guy helping a fat guy to be more healthy. Its best to seek advise from those that have successfully change from fat to fit people as only they know the hardship and pain one need to go through from being fat to fit and healthy. For those with lower metabolism or older age best is to seek those people who had this kind of success at older age to be on par with metabolism problems

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest guest
On 2/18/2022 at 8:23 AM, Btyred91 said:

PM me :)

On 2/18/2022 at 8:23 AM, Btyred91 said:

PM me :)

For some reason, i am unable to login to blowing wind. Hence, unable to PM u. Anyother ways to get in touch? 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.