Male HQ

Is it very rude to point at people?

Guest #06-187 Huang Ba Dans

Last time,my lecturers both local and ang mo like to point their fingers at students if they got angry.

I noticed a lot of bosses do it too. When they are angry with the employee they like to ponit at the person. 

Lots of people on the street also like to point here and there. Have an urge to chop their fingers off.

Because in Fengshui, pointing fingers at people is directing sha qi at the person. 

Guest Try and see

It is rude, although most people do it unintentionally.

That is why among the Malays, there is a custom of pointing with the thumb instead of the index finger. It's less offensive.

And among Filipinos, they also avoid pointing their fingers at people.

I think most other cultures don't have such an awareness.

On 12/19/2021 at 4:38 PM, Guest Try and see said:

It is rude, although most people do it unintentionally.

That is why among the Malays, there is a custom of pointing with the thumb instead of the index finger. It's less offensive.

And among Filipinos, they also avoid pointing their fingers at people.

I think most other cultures don't have such an awareness.

Actually Singaporeans are one of the 'rudest' people around in this region, esp the Chinese. 

The way some people here speak, the words and the tone which they use.  And most of the time, they are unaware that they are rude (or not bothered to know). It has almost become a way of life and everyone (whether socially or at corporate), people accepts it.

On 12/19/2021 at 1:49 PM, Guest #06-187 Huang Ba Dans said:

Last time,my lecturers both local and ang mo like to point their fingers at students if they got angry.

I noticed a lot of bosses do it too. When they are angry with the employee they like to ponit at the person. 

Lots of people on the street also like to point here and there. Have an urge to chop their fingers off.

Because in Fengshui, pointing fingers at people is directing sha qi at the person. 

It is very rude to point at people with the index finger. Pointing with the thumb or gesturing with an open palm is more respectful.

Guest wunderbar

only those of a higher social status will be able to point down at someone of a social status.

its a power trip thing.

Like headmaster points at naughty students, scolding and pointing and chasing with a rattan.

A judge will and an point to an accused , and say if you dont behave and tell the truth , I will throw the whole law book at you and points at accused in anger.

A husband will point and scold at the poor wife, if she was found to have not fulfiiled all 18 wifely piety duties.

its a power trip thingy.

See the above TS said ang moh points at locals and gets away with berating locals.

Try pointing your finger at a local expat ang moh and he will return the favor by breaking your finger with karate

On 12/19/2021 at 5:45 PM, Guest Tree said:

Actually Singaporeans are one of the 'rudest' people around in this region, esp the Chinese. 

The way some people here speak, the words and the tone which they use.  And most of the time, they are unaware that they are rude (or not bothered to know). It has almost become a way of life and everyone (whether socially or at corporate), people accepts it.

True. That's why the govt ran a courtesy campaign during the 70s. I still remember the jingle:

Courtesy is for free

Courtesy is for you and me...

On 12/19/2021 at 8:28 PM, Guest Pointer Sister said:

spacer.png

Haha , middle 

On 12/20/2021 at 12:32 AM, Guest wunderbar said:

only those of a higher social status will be able to point down at someone of a social status.

its a power trip thing.

Like headmaster points at naughty students, scolding and pointing and chasing with a rattan.

A judge will and an point to an accused , and say if you dont behave and tell the truth , I will throw the whole law book at you and points at accused in anger.

A husband will point and scold at the poor wife, if she was found to have not fulfiiled all 18 wifely piety duties.

its a power trip thingy.

See the above TS said ang moh points at locals and gets away with berating locals.

Try pointing your finger at a local expat ang moh and he will return the favor by breaking your finger with karate

The female aussie lecturer pointed with multiple fingers, at close range to the girl student's person, very aggressively, talking at the top of her voice. I thought she behaved poorly. Lecturer's should be more dignified.

The were some ang mos who chose to stand close to me and talk loudly. So I remarked loudly :"some people just don't know when to stop." I think they got the message and moved off.

On 12/20/2021 at 12:32 AM, Guest wunderbar said:

I recall a case where an amg mo was verbally abusing a local youth in the MRT for wearing a tee with vulgar words. 

some locals stood up for the youth and told the white guy to get lost. The ang mo was booed off the train.

All these loud mouth whites think they can bully locals because they talk loudly and locals are on the quiet side. They shold go back to their white racist countries.

Why, did an ang mo break you finger or your face? 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.