Male HQ

Gym supplement routine

Hello87

On 1/3/2022 at 12:40 AM, xydboy said:

Plateau in what? If you are referring to gym performance, then you should be looking at your training routine rather than supplement routine.

For the basics, just creatine and whey would do the trick. Refer to supplement dosing based on packaging for simplicity. 

Very good advice.  The goal of strength and muscle gain should be attained by hard workout and not be delegated much to supplementation.

Whey protein is a good source of protein when taken in moderation, no more than 30 grams or so a day.  For years I have been taking 25g with breakfast, and never more. 

Too much branched-chain amino acids can have negative effects long term:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s42255-019-0059-2

For creatine, a few grams a day seem to be safe, accompanied by limitations in the ingestion of caffeine.  If you are not vegetarian and eat meat and fish, there is no need for long term creatine supplementation, unless you are a competing bodybuilder.  We should love our kidneys.

One interesting recommendation is that we should work out on an empty stomach.  This contradicts the notion that we should eat shortly before exercise "to have more energy".  I have been started to do intermittent fasting, and I find that after 16 hours of fasting I haven't lost any energy.  So I go up early in the morning and straight to the gym to work out, and afterwards I have breakfast,  instead of the other way around.  I find that this works very well, and I haven't lost strength.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.