Male HQ

Long term fwb or hook ups

Guest skinnycurious

Guest skinnycurious

Wonder if people here mostly find fwbs or just hook ups? Seem to see people posting in the same threads for meet ups showing that its mostly hook ups since they need to keep finding?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2022 at 3:50 AM, keyboard said:

Everyone tries to find FwB but then how many have a place to start with. Logistically, it's just tough. If there was actual statistics, hooks up success rates might not be high also.

I realised in Singapore many people live with their parents and that itself presents issues with privacy and ability to host. That is one of the reasons I have opted to stay in a hotel whenever I am back visiting family :). Although I do note that more younger people are opting to move out these days and older folks can't seem to wrap their head around it seeing that they are wasting money on rent. 

Love. 

Hotel stays can actually put quite a strain on horny young adults if they keep going. But then, youngsters nowadays can no longer see the possibility of retirement so YOLO.

Happened to chance on google reviews of those budget hotel near town. Interesting complains. Saunas might be a better way to go, it seem still some lowkey discrimination in this highly conservative society.

On 2/14/2022 at 11:59 PM, doncoin said:

I realised in Singapore many people live with their parents and that itself presents issues with privacy and ability to host. That is one of the reasons I have opted to stay in a hotel whenever I am back visiting family :). Although I do note that more younger people are opting to move out these days and older folks can't seem to wrap their head around it seeing that they are wasting money on rent. 

Hey bro,

I share your observations too on living with parents in the family home.

And when chatting with young adults here, I feel their frustration for the lack of privacy and understanding. 

Perhaps in my small way, I've tried where possible to host my lgbt friends when they visit Sg.

This has provided great relief to them especially if they bring a partner.

I suppose if more BW members with spare rooms offer this hosting opportunity within some secure framework,  it would benefit our members here and create a healthy ecosystem.

I've seen BW members offering cleaning services, some are grab drivers, food caterers etc...

Just imagine if we do it right and coordinate room stays and ability to clean and turnaround quickly for the next room stay... and facilitate food, transport to and from...wow!

Having received messages from members here to have very short stays, I've found this problematic for one person to handle a fast turnaround.  

Perhaps more like minded guys could explore a community endeavour in this direction. 

Maybe it is wishful thinking 🤔 😕...hehe.

On 1/30/2022 at 1:30 PM, skinnycurious said:

Wonder if people here mostly find fwbs or just hook ups? Seem to see people posting in the same threads for meet ups showing that its mostly hook ups since they need to keep finding?

@skinnycurious Congrats! I counted...7 guys wrote U a reply!

Here's my response:

At 38yo,

I've had E.N.O.U.G.H. of hookups,

in fact, I've had T.O.O. many that I had to go for Counselling:(

If this is the case...then why sometimes i post in the "Fuck Practice Buddy"?                  

🧐

🤔

U see, when i can host in my home, i will post asking for N.S.A. but at the end of the day, I will keeping on finding a Regular, wish me luck💋

Edited by 30yochinese

On 2/21/2022 at 1:46 PM, Jojo12345 said:

I think the best part about having a single FWB with a “monogamous” kind of situation is that you get to experiment a lot more readily and there’s a possibility of practising unprotected sex since you know you’re only having sex with one person. But of course, it starts to cross boundaries and become more like a relationship. I think the ideal is having a number of FWBs, because you always have options if you’re in the mood for sex (meaning if one isn’t free you can find another) but you also don’t quite run the risk of spending so much time with one of them that you end up forming feelings (unless that’s what you’re aiming for). All in all I’d say an FWB situation is better than having ONS, although there is absolutely nothing wrong with the latter!

Agreed.  A FWB is preferred for familiarity.   A regular will definitely be more enjoyable  as both are aware of each other's likes and dislikes. If both are not looking for a relationship, then it is best to discuss expectations and make it clear.  It both are on the same page, it isn't much of a problem.

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2022 at 1:46 PM, Jojo12345 said:

I think the best part about having a single FWB with a “monogamous” kind of situation is that you get to experiment a lot more readily and there’s a possibility of practising unprotected sex since you know you’re only having sex with one person. But of course, it starts to cross boundaries and become more like a relationship. I think the ideal is having a number of FWBs, because you always have options if you’re in the mood for sex (meaning if one isn’t free you can find another) but you also don’t quite run the risk of spending so much time with one of them that you end up forming feelings (unless that’s what you’re aiming for). All in all I’d say an FWB situation is better than having ONS, although there is absolutely nothing wrong with the latter!

I am now in this situation whereby the single FWB i’m seeing, i have formed feelings for him & the boundaries became grey when I want to be in a r/s but he is not so keen. Whatever the reason, if wanna have a FWB, just make sure that it stays that way haha