Male HQ

Where To Buy Cheap Abalone

Guest Kiasu

I know this may be early. But I'm starting my CNY shopping earlier. Last year, abalone prices all became very expensive during CNY. THinking of buying earlier this year. Any one knows where to buy cheap abalone. I like the car wheel brand.... Sheng siong selling around $60plus now. Anywhere can be cheaper?? thanks....

I know this may be early. But I'm starting my CNY shopping earlier. Last year, abalone prices all became very expensive during CNY. THinking of buying earlier this year. Any one knows where to buy cheap abalone. I like the car wheel brand.... Sheng siong selling around $60plus now. Anywhere can be cheaper?? thanks....

Maybe you should try HOCK HUA and ask for their house brand that is packed in plastic sealed containers.

I bought 2 containers recently and they taste just as good.

Forget about "flying wheel" brand that is from Mexico (if I am not wrong) that you have to pay so much for.

What I like is the texture of the abalone.........

Yes, agreed with you that AhYAT abalone is cheap and seafood price is reasonable.

BUT do not try to attempt their Geoduck, although they charge by the 100gms....I almost faint when the bill came.

It cost me more than S$150.00 for that "little trunk"......all for the sake of a greedy Ang Mo who wants Sashimi Geoduck....I wonder it will make his "trunk" longer.

• 4 weeks later...
Maybe you should try HOCK HUA and ask for their house brand that is packed in plastic sealed containers.

I bought 2 containers recently and they taste just as good.

Forget about "flying wheel" brand that is from Mexico (if I am not wrong) that you have to pay so much for.

What I like is the texture of the abalone.........

The plastic container one some times comes in fresh frozen. Try to look for black one. Its a delicacy compared to white abalone. Its hard to find but I came to know once a few years ago, Eu Yan Sang do import those. One abalone for around $50++. But its worth it. Especially in a chicken soup.

ret 0

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.