Male HQ

Family Law lawyer recommendation

Guest Jackie

Guest Jackie

Do you guys have any recommendation for lawyers who practice family law?  My friend's brother has passed away and he doesn't have will. The lawyer that his wife retained has been abjectly unprofessional and rude on top of it. She isn't happy and my friend isn't either. The estate doesn't worth much and it's not a complicated case either. So they aren't looking for expensive lawyer. They are looking for someone who charges < 10K fee. Any suggestion?

Guest Rakutenn

Lawyers , when they smell blood in the water  they will surround and go for the kill.

Intestate property distribution i thought was quite straight forwards. 

Hnmmm. I was wrong.

Guest Michael
On 5/23/2022 at 1:34 PM, Guest Rakutenn said:

Lawyers , when they smell blood in the water  they will surround and go for the kill.

Intestate property distribution i thought was quite straight forwards. 

Hnmmm. I was wrong.

Dont say until all lawyers are like that .  

One must always distinct drama portray and in real life.  That said, you are free to shop around for quotes 

My mother of 87 when there is overseas calls , she will scream DONT TALK TOO LONG VERY expensive 

The punchline - Move in tandem w time ! 

Guest Guest
On 5/23/2022 at 9:00 AM, Guest Jackie said:

Do you guys have any recommendation for lawyers who practice family law?  My friend's brother has passed away and he doesn't have will. The lawyer that his wife retained has been abjectly unprofessional and rude on top of it. She isn't happy and my friend isn't either. The estate doesn't worth much and it's not a complicated case either. So they aren't looking for expensive lawyer. They are looking for someone who charges < 10K fee. Any suggestion?

When people becomes unprofessional and rude, I start wondering if that is their defense mechanism which they had put up because they did something wrong. Otherwise, why so? 

Anyway, to answer your question, you should try googling out the terms "Grant of Probate" and "Grant Letter of Administration" and you will see lots and lots of lawyers listing their legal services for as low as around $1000 for them.  

That being said, I am curious is whether there is any online portals to list out the available service provided by the lawyers in Singapore. Carousell, maybe?

Guest Tyler nipples
On 5/24/2022 at 11:08 AM, Guest Guest said:

When people becomes unprofessional and rude, I start wondering if that is their defense mechanism which they had put up because they did something wrong. Otherwise, why so? 

Anyway, to answer your question, you should try googling out the terms "Grant of Probate" and "Grant Letter of Administration" and you will see lots and lots of lawyers listing their legal services for as low as around $1000 for them.  

That being said, I am curious is whether there is any online portals to list out the available service provided by the lawyers in Singapore. Carousell, maybe?

U kidding me?

Guest Jackie
On 5/23/2022 at 11:08 PM, Guest Guest said:

I don't understand either. It's not like I have never communicated with lawyers before, but this one behaves unusual. When I requested him not to call at certain times, he would go out of his way to call me at those times. And then spamming my inbox with the same email multiple times in one day. He comes across as somebody who does not know how to act professional. 

There's also a directory of LGBT friendly lawyers here, compiled by a team from Singapore's LGBT community:

https://www.singaporelgbtlaw.com/legal-directory/

OogachagaCARE is an online counselling service by Oogachaga for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ+) community. You can also reach us at:

However, if you need to talk to someone urgently because you're in emotional crisis, feeling suicidal or affected by suicide, please consider:

Samaritans of Singapore (SOS) 24hr suicide prevention hotline: 1-767 (1-SOS)

Oogachaga is a community-based, non-profit professional organization working with lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning (LGBTQ+) individuals, couples and families in Singapore since 1999. Visit us on www.oogachaga.LGBT / www.congregaytion.com

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest
On 5/28/2022 at 2:15 AM, Guest Jackie said:

I don't understand either. It's not like I have never communicated with lawyers before, but this one behaves unusual. When I requested him not to call at certain times, he would go out of his way to call me at those times. And then spamming my inbox with the same email multiple times in one day. He comes across as somebody who does not know how to act professional. 

Is this lawyer from A**** Law Corp?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.