Male HQ

When u hire people in ur team, you hire based on what?

Guest Hyacinth

Guest ffffffff

More importantly, whether they are willing to cooperate. 

Hired this young lady who seemed so promising. On the second day, she deflected to the other team in the same office. Elaine had the cheek to remark "which way the wind is blowing."

Nasty turn coat traitor. So fast forget who brought her in. I asked her to leave.

During interviews, all these people will be on their best behavior. That's why I glad there's such a thing as probation.

On 6/18/2022 at 9:00 AM, Guest ffffffff said:

During interviews, all these people will be on their best behavior. That's why I glad there's such a thing as probation.

Agree. The interviewer has to see through the best behaviour to the potential employee behind that behaviour. I look obviously for experience. I hope I can see a reference from a previous employer. I want to assess exactly how relevant that experience is to the work he/she will be doing if hired. I like to hear succinct answers, not long-winded explanations. I want to see some evidence that he/she will fit into the existing team. I hope to see an indication that he/she has actually thought about the position and has one or two ideas about how to approach it. I don't want a yes man/woman but I do expect politeness and some basic knowledge about the company.

hire based on my sentiments and what noticed in his countenance, as well as few non-work-related inquiries. 
If you hire someone based on traditional questions like "Tell me about yourself," "What are your strengths and weaknesses," "Do you mind working longer hours for less money," and so on, you're setting yourself up for failure.  You're more likely to hire untrustworthy employees who lie all the time at work.

Unfortunately, Singapore lacks competent interviewers, who are usually book smart but not street wise.

Guest ffffffff

Have you ever been in this situation? The big boss likes you and hires you but your immediate supervisor did not take to yoi or found you a threat.

Background history from previous/ current employer.

I remember a friend's story: they were hiring ppl for finance fiscal policy, they contacted previous employer who remarked the candidate is aware of how often they collect birthday funds for office.

Edited by auscent

On 6/18/2022 at 5:36 PM, auscent said:

Background history from previous/ current employer.

Previous employers may also have lied. When you resign, some former bosses can be rather vengeful. They make sure you're unemployed for as long as they can, usually by having other individuals call them for a reference check.  I believe reference checks are unjust to ex-employees and perhaps harmful in the scenarios described above, which few people are aware of.

Edited by Why?

Guest ffffffff
On 6/18/2022 at 5:55 PM, Why? said:

Previous employers may also have lied. When you resign, some former bosses can be rather vengeful. They make sure you're unemployed for as long as they can, usually by having other individuals call them for a reference check.  I believe reference checks are unjust to ex-employees and perhaps harmful in the scenarios described above, which few people are aware of.

Complete agreement. The ex employer may furnish the ex employee a glowing testimonial but when potential employers call for reference check, the boss takes the opportunity to bad mouth the ex employee. Right Maria?

And I can't understand why employers want to background check. I mean, they can't judge for themselves? Obviously something happened, that's why both sides part ways. You can't say your ex boss is a monster and always must give diplomatic but  stupid reasons like:"looking for new challenges."

Where I came from, it's better to get fired than quit without a job. If the person is fired, employers are more open to hiring

The smart potential employer should evaluate previous boss's testimony. 

One time, a new employer dug out history from my ex boss. He pointed out a technical mistake I made. To be fair, I was still learning and not v good. No choice but admit on spot.

Surprisingly, I got job offer. He must have evaluated gravity of my mistake, judiciously. But I rejected it as I had a better offer!

Guest Try and see
On 6/18/2022 at 5:55 PM, Why? said:

On 6/18/2022 at 7:10 PM, Guest ffffffff said:

Complete agreement. The ex employer may furnish the ex employee a glowing testimonial but when potential employers call for reference check, the boss takes the opportunity to bad mouth the ex employee. Right Maria?

And I can't understand why employers want to background check. I mean, they can't judge for themselves? Obviously something happened, that's why both sides part ways. You can't say your ex boss is a monster and always must give diplomatic but  stupid reasons like:"looking for new challenges."

Where I came from, it's better to get fired than quit without a job. If the person is fired, employers are more open to hiring

I fully agree! I ever kena before. Boss abused me verbally so badly that people in other departments all knew and felt sorry for me. That boss is also very hated by the whole organisation.

Anyway, after I left, my potential new company insisted on speaking to my ex-employer. So you can imagine how that went, and of course, I was not hired. God only knows what that ex-boss said to the interviewer.

Basically, it's like a girl doing a background check on her boyfriend by speaking to his ex-wife/ex-girlfriend.

You'll get a very one-sided biased account, and you have no way of knowing what was told, and no way of defending yourself.

Guest ffffffff
On 6/19/2022 at 1:54 PM, Guest Try and see said:

I fully agree! I ever kena before. Boss abused me verbally so badly that people in other departments all knew and felt sorry for me. That boss is also very hated by the whole organisation.

Anyway, after I left, my potential new company insisted on speaking to my ex-employer. So you can imagine how that went, and of course, I was not hired. God only knows what that ex-boss said to the interviewer.

Basically, it's like a girl doing a background check on her boyfriend by speaking to his ex-wife/ex-girlfriend.

You'll get a very one-sided biased account, and you have no way of knowing what was told, and no way of defending yourself.

What à Chee bye boss 

Where I came from, other firms will hire you if you are fired

They don't bother with background check. Most importantly, whether you can contribute.

Guest Try and see
On 6/19/2022 at 3:12 PM, Guest ffffffff said:

What à Chee bye boss 

Where I came from, other firms will hire you if you are fired

They don't bother with background check. Most importantly, whether you can contribute.

Thanks! Yes, that boss of mine was a very incompetent, vindictive and petty guy. When I was there, a few good friends who were my seniors in other departments all warned me about him. But at that time, I did not believe them as I like to think the best of people. But eventually, I realised what they said were all true.

Interestingly, they told me that the girl who held my job before me told that boss to his face (when she was leaving) that he was the worst boss she ever had!

Anyway, this requirement by some companies' HR dept to speak to the candidates ex-boss is a very bad idea. A lot of vindictive bosses will use this chance to sabo the candidate, as I'm very sure mine did.

Guest ffffffff
On 6/19/2022 at 4:36 PM, Guest Try and see said:

Thanks! Yes, that boss of mine was a very incompetent, vindictive and petty guy. When I was there, a few good friends who were my seniors in other departments all warned me about him. But at that time, I did not believe them as I like to think the best of people. But eventually, I realised what they said were all true.

Interestingly, they told me that the girl who held my job before me told that boss to his face (when she was leaving) that he was the worst boss she ever had!

Anyway, this requirement by some companies' HR dept to speak to the candidates ex-boss is a very bad idea. A lot of vindictive bosses will use this chance to sabo the candidate, as I'm very sure mine did.

The bastard bitch will get his comeuppance.

HR depts got nothing better to do. They really believe an ex gf will give a thumbs up for her ex to present gf. HR exists in typical bigger companies.

I worked for places where every week, got people resign. LoL always the boss is the reason.

For me If I sense that the new company is giving me a sham interview, I'll bad mouth my ex boss. The new company deserves to know

Guest Try and see
On 6/18/2022 at 1:43 PM, Guest ffffffff said:

Have you ever been in this situation? The big boss likes you and hires you but your immediate supervisor did not take to yoi or found you a threat.

This happened to me before, and unfortunately, it did not end well.

Eventually, I left the company because the senior colleague (he was not really an immediate supervisor in my case) succeeded in making my life a living hell while hiding his actions.

Somehow he managed to act like a super nice guy in front of me all the time, so I did not suspect him for a long time.

Yet there were red flags from the start, such as his reluctance to teach me anything throughout my time there. And one time, I caught him red-handed laughing in the pantry (with another colleague) about a mistake that I had made at work, during my first few weeks at the company. When he saw me in the pantry, he immediately stopped laughing and said in a very insincere manner, "Oh, actually, you should have done it this way [describing the correct procedure]."

Later on, after I had left the company, he even tried to create trouble for me in my new company! That was how vicious he is. But that is another story for another day 😄

Anyway, he got his karma in the end when he got fired from that company about a year after I had quit. (For me, I quit the company, even though the boss asked me to stay on i.e. I wasn't fired).

Guest Try and see
On 6/19/2022 at 6:37 PM, Guest ffffffff said:

The bastard bitch will get his comeuppance.

Thanks! He did . . .

I was told by a trusted ex-colleague that after I had left the company, a new senior guy was posted to the organisation. This new senior guy was then assigned to be my ex-boss's new supervisor, and he actually took over my ex-boss's office!

And guess where my ex-boss was reassigned to sit? My former cubicle!! 🤣👏

Also, it seems that the new guy tortured my ex-boss so badly that he eventually quit.

They say karma's a bitch  LOL

Before that, my ex-boss had a grand and perfect plan of staying in the company until retirement, while doing as little work as possible. Cos he's not very highly educated, and he knows that he cannot find a similar job elsewhere with the same pay scale.

So he just leeches onto the company based on his seniority, because apparently that was the company he joined after finishing school. So he has been there for many, many years. And his pay was super high as a result. Hence his plan to stay on until retirement.

Guest Liddat How?
On 6/19/2022 at 10:27 PM, single42 said:

1. Team player

2. Able to move & communicate at the same time

3. Knowledge 

4. Skillset

5. Non political 

6. Hardworking

7. Maturity

8. Referral from outsiders

If he met 1 to 7 and fail no. 8, then how?

要聘用人之前,老师建议找命理师傅算一算应征/求职者的八字。🙂

为什么要这样做呢?因为,八字可以知道很多人的秘密。

从八字中,可以知道求职者
1. 对公司/老板是否忠心
2. 会不会做长久
3. 会不会“吃蛇偷懒”
4. 会不会撒谎
5. 是不是管理天才
6. 是不是任劳任怨
7. 是不是猛将(能包山包海)
8. 是不是臭嘴巴,暗箭伤人,不合作
9. 是不是wayang 

老师给几位开公司的朋友们算过求职者的八字。
老师也给朋友算过适合的工作/创业。有很多有应验例子。为什么一个人做一份工,能表现好,又能升职加薪。因为,他/她找到了适合工作,迎合了用神!
老师掌握命理十拿九稳,从来没输过。

诸葛亮要为刘备打江山,得算八字,重用人才。

Lee Ka Shing要聘用高管人才,是典型例子。
李嘉诚会找人偷偷算八字,要相知道能不能用此人。

When u hire people in ur team, not only based on the working experiences, past employment performance and etc. Look beyond whether is s/he suitable for your company. 您认为他是最佳人选,但是他未必会跟您卖命!

The time has changed. 正在步入九运步伐,天时应运,请合适的人真的不容易。
您觉得求职者(各方面不错)非常好,但是,他未必适合这个职位。请了他,说不定几个月就辞职了、一年后突然跳槽、私底下做老板不喜欢的事... ...

算一个人的八字,必须是以总八字,论十神论。
又或者,论生肖、三会、六合、半合。这做法比较通俗,起码还是有点点效应。

老师有空会把处理过的案例,分享给大家。

要认识老师,或者,要知道老师的Facebook page, 留下 Telegram ID. No private messaging. 

Edited by 仙人掌

Guest guest
On 6/20/2022 at 12:14 AM, 仙人掌 said:

要聘

要认识老师,或者,要知道老师的Facebook page, 留下 Telegram ID. No private messaging. 

cher, cannot leave telegram here bcos mod will say is ad, then give us warning points ler

then u dont let us pm u, so how like that?

On 6/20/2022 at 12:22 AM, Guest guest said:

cher, cannot leave telegram here bcos mod will say is ad, then give us warning points ler

then u dont let us pm u, so how like that?

谢谢回复。

其实,是有几个方法可以做到。

最简单的作法,就是将您的Telegram ID/contact留在profile page. 这样不就行了吗?

Guest ffffffff
On 6/19/2022 at 9:48 PM, Guest Try and see said:

This happened to me before, and unfortunately, it did not end well.

Eventually, I left the company because the senior colleague (he was not really an immediate supervisor in my case) succeeded in making my life a living hell while hiding his actions.

Somehow he managed to act like a super nice guy in front of me all the time, so I did not suspect him for a long time.

Yet there were red flags from the start, such as his reluctance to teach me anything throughout my time there. And one time, I caught him red-handed laughing in the pantry (with another colleague) about a mistake that I had made at work, during my first few weeks at the company. When he saw me in the pantry, he immediately stopped laughing and said in a very insincere manner, "Oh, actually, you should have done it this way [describing the correct procedure]."

Later on, after I had left the company, he even tried to create trouble for me in my new company! That was how vicious he is. But that is another story for another day 😄

Anyway, he got his karma in the end when he got fired from that company about a year after I had quit. (For me, I quit the company, even though the boss asked me to stay on i.e. I wasn't fired).

Hmmm, reminds me. The big boss overseeing South east asian operations hired me for one of the countrie's branches. And I wasn't the preferred candidate of the boss of that particular brach. Becos the people there told me so.

Let's just say he slighted me discreetly and openly whenever he could. And refused to get my work permit done. He even asked people reporting to me not to cooperate.  But people like to gossip openly, so I knew his dirty secrets.

After spending enouigh time there and gained experience. I did something to make them fire me. I managed to get a new job and the new boss dropped hints that he knew what happened.

I was chit chatting with my colleagues and somehow it all came out. I told them my ex boss brought women back to the officed and fucked them while his wife was giving birth in the hospital. My colleagues were shocked and mock chided me for bad mouthing my ex boss. I told them I knew my previous boss bad mouthed me. And of course, my new colleagues would enjoy and spread delicious and juicy gossips.

True enough, a month later I ran into one of my ex colleagues from the previous company. He told me the ex boss resigned. It's not difficult to guess that gossip travels fast?

Guest ffffffff
On 6/19/2022 at 10:08 PM, Guest Try and see said:

Thanks! He did . . .

I was told by a trusted ex-colleague that after I had left the company, a new senior guy was posted to the organisation. This new senior guy was then assigned to be my ex-boss's new supervisor, and he actually took over my ex-boss's office!

And guess where my ex-boss was reassigned to sit? My former cubicle!! 🤣👏

Also, it seems that the new guy tortured my ex-boss so badly that he eventually quit.

They say karma's a bitch  LOL

Before that, my ex-boss had a grand and perfect plan of staying in the company until retirement, while doing as little work as possible. Cos he's not very highly educated, and he knows that he cannot find a similar job elsewhere with the same pay scale.

So he just leeches onto the company based on his seniority, because apparently that was the company he joined after finishing school. So he has been there for many, many years. And his pay was super high as a result. Hence his plan to stay on until retirement.

Serves him right. What happened to him was utter humiliation.

On 6/20/2022 at 10:32 AM, Guest ffffffff said:

It was a one-time occurrence. Despite considerable staff turnover, the majority of "tyranny" characters get away with it and are still well-liked by the boss.

Guest ffffffff
On 6/20/2022 at 10:43 AM, Why? said:

It was a one-time occurrence. Despite considerable staff turnover, the majority of "tyranny" characters get away with it and are still well-liked by the boss.

All these people get where they are not because of ability. But they are very good toadies.they have great por lampa sucking up skills.

My observation 😒

Guest Try and see
On 6/20/2022 at 11:17 AM, Guest ffffffff said:

All these people get where they are not because of ability. But they are very good toadies.they have great por lampa sucking up skills.

My observation 😒

I agree. I've ever been told (in another company) by a colleague this:

"Do you know why boss hates you? Because you don't suck up to him."

Guest Try and see
On 6/20/2022 at 9:51 AM, Guest ffffffff said:

Hmmm, reminds me. The big boss overseeing South east asian operations hired me for one of the countrie's branches. And I wasn't the preferred candidate of the boss of that particular brach. Becos the people there told me so.

Let's just say he slighted me discreetly and openly whenever he could. And refused to get my work permit done. He even asked people reporting to me not to cooperate.  But people like to gossip openly, so I knew his dirty secrets.

After spending enouigh time there and gained experience. I did something to make them fire me. I managed to get a new job and the new boss dropped hints that he knew what happened.

I was chit chatting with my colleagues and somehow it all came out. I told them my ex boss brought women back to the officed and fucked them while his wife was giving birth in the hospital. My colleagues were shocked and mock chided me for bad mouthing my ex boss. I told them I knew my previous boss bad mouthed me. And of course, my new colleagues would enjoy and spread delicious and juicy gossips.

True enough, a month later I ran into one of my ex colleagues from the previous company. He told me the ex boss resigned. It's not difficult to guess that gossip travels fast?

Walao!! He brought women back to his office to fuck, while his wife was giving birth!! And he still so self-righteous!!

That senior colleague (the one who didn't want to teach me anything and laughed at my work mistakes) also goes to Thailand to sleep with prostitutes. Then still act very self-righteous in the office 🤦‍♂️

Guest Try and see
On 6/20/2022 at 10:32 AM, Guest ffffffff said:

Yeah, man! Esp the part where he was reassigned to sit in my former cubicle, while his personal office was taken over by a new senior guy who would later torture him back.

When I heard it from my ex-colleague, I couldn't help but smile 😁

Guest Guest
On 6/20/2022 at 9:51 AM, Guest ffffffff said:

You JHK?

JHK are always known to spend time playing politics but never get their job well done.

Guest ffffffff
On 6/20/2022 at 11:27 AM, Guest Try and see said:

Walao!! He brought women back to his office to fuck, while his wife was giving birth!! And he still so self-righteous!!

That senior colleague (the one who didn't want to teach me anything and laughed at my work mistakes) also goes to Thailand to sleep with prostitutes. Then still act very self-righteous in the office 🤦‍♂️

Very asian to get on the moral high horse. It makes one look very moral.

But that guy goondu. bring girls back office  people sure know. Too cheapskate to get a room. Typical cheapo asian.

Guest ffffffff
On 6/20/2022 at 11:44 AM, Guest Guest said:

You JHK?

JHK are always known to spend time playing politics but never get their job well done.

Who's jhk?

Guest guest 

Do you feel inadequate? Small brain or small penis?

On 6/20/2022 at 12:08 PM, Guest ffffffff said:

Very asian to get on the moral high horse. It makes one look very moral.

In my former firm, one of the directors did indeed bring a prostitute to the office and allowed her to shower in the bathroom connected to his office.
Then, during a monthly meeting, he expects the rest of the employees to respect him by yelling at the top of his lungs over minor issues.
While the workforce toiled away to make the company prosperous, and contrary to popular belief about bosses struggle to pay their employees.  the director squandered the profits on the prostitute, whom he replaced on a regular basis. 

Edited by Why?

Guest Employee

I will say employers can do all the right things before hiring and employees can say all the right things to get hired. Ultimately it is not the ex employer’s testimony which matters. It’s how the employer sees the employee and whether they can think at the same frequency and work together; and what the attitude of the employee is. Unfortunately in this day and age our HR or hiring managers do not always spend enough time to do the right thing when hiring. So it all boils down to luck and timing. 

Guest ffffffff
On 6/20/2022 at 12:17 PM, Why? said:

In my former firm, one of the directors did indeed bring a prostitute to the office and allowed her to shower in the bathroom connected to his office.
Then, during a monthly meeting, he expects the rest of the employees to respect him by yelling at the top of his lungs over minor issues.
While the workforce toiled away to make the company prosperous, and nlike the mainstream narrative about bosses have a hard time to pay worker. the director squandered the profits on the prostitute, whom he replaced on a regular basis. 

What scum. They don't earn respect . They demand respect. as though people owe them 

On 6/19/2022 at 11:37 PM, Guest Liddat How? said:

If he met 1 to 7 and fail no. 8, then how?

all i can say is, i'll still work with that person & see for myself what kind of character that person is, as there's always 2 side to a coin. 

Edited by single42

Guest Guest
On 6/18/2022 at 9:49 AM, Guest Hyacinth said:

other than experience, do you also look at age,gender and appearance?

Look at CECA or no CECA? Same village or no same village? 

I hire based on the kind of dynamics I want in my team, eg. if I have enough go-getters who I have to craft and plan their development to stretch them for promotion then I wouldn't want another go-getter in my team especially if the next level up is limited. I don't micromanage my staff and expect them to work like an adult so if the interviewee comes across as needy with a lot of handholding, I will pass on regardless how qualified she/he could be. I gauge based on the questions I asked and the scenarios I posed for the candidate to articulate and expand further. 

Here is how I typically choose the final candidate. By the time you reach the final rounds, i.e. down to the final 2, it comes down to who do you think fits into your team dynamics better. Most of the people who applied for the position would have more or less the same qualifications and experience. That is why it is important that the candidates can be to be interviewed by the people you work with and get their feedback on the candidate. They are coming in to be part of your team and to me it is important that they add/enhance the team and not take away from it. 

To me, many things can be learned on the job, so even if experience may be limited in some areas, it is not a deal breaker for me. 

Love. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.