Male HQ

Living in Thailand with shoe string budgets

Guest KK2

I have been living in Thailand close to 6 years, I am 55 this year. I am currently staying with my boy friend in his village, the province is Buriram, at the Northeast part of Thailand. Our life is simple and slow, and since it is at rural area, there is not much opportunity and need to spend, so we can keep our expenses low and affordable, our monthly expenses is about SGD500 per month for 2 persons, that include food, electricity and water (rent not included because own house). I am willing to share more information and story for those who are interested know the pro and cons about living in Thailand. Please feel free to post your questions and I will compile it and answer to my best. 

On 6/19/2022 at 9:20 PM, Guest KK2 said:

I have been living in Thailand close to 6 years, I am 55 this year. I am currently staying with my boy friend in his village, the province is Buriram, at the Northeast part of Thailand. Our life is simple and slow, and since it is at rural area, there is not much opportunity and need to spend, so we can keep our expenses low and affordable, our monthly expenses is about SGD500 per month for 2 persons, that include food, electricity and water (rent not included because own house). I am willing to share more information and story for those who are interested know the pro and cons about living in Thailand. Please feel free to post your questions and I will compile it and answer to my best. 

Thanks for sharing, KK2.

I would like to know what you do with your freetime, assuming that you have freetime of course.

Or if not, what do you do to keep busy, assuming that you are retired or semi-retired and not allowed to work in Thailand?

Regards.

1) I am on retirement Visa, those above 50 can apply, but you must have 80K THB in saving account in one of the Thai bank

2) PR is very very difficult to get in TH, it is possible to apply for one but successful rate is very low

3) I am a retiree, so have plenty of free time, I do some gardening, cleaning house, and alot of time surfing internet, my bf also own a small plot of paddy field, about 3 and a half football field size, we plant rice once a year when raining season starts, which is around May or Jun, rice farming this day also use alot of machinery, so only some labor work.   

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.