Male HQ

Who Likes To Eat Cheese

SKMan

Well, I run a small cafe, and my suppliers meet my cheese supplies. But my favorite of all available cheeses are the dairy cheese products from Fonterra, New Zealand. I use lots of cream cheese and cheddar for baking, in which my customers loved the chicken baked rice...

Used to have mates back in old AU days where we will savor a cheese platter with wine. Good varieties of cheese, wine and chat, but can't find anyone in Singapore to enjoy the platter with...

Procrastination... The biggest mental vacation one can have.

Well, I run a small cafe, and my suppliers meet my cheese supplies. But my favorite of all available cheeses are the dairy cheese products from Fonterra, New Zealand. I use lots of cream cheese and cheddar for baking, in which my customers loved the chicken baked rice...

Used to have mates back in old AU days where we will savor a cheese platter with wine. Good varieties of cheese, wine and chat, but can't find anyone in Singapore to enjoy the platter with...

why not mix in some mozz for the baked rice ?

I like a variety of cheeses from Italy and France. Like from Polenghi, Zanetti, Parmalat, Bongrain etc. The ones i dislike most are those from the Emborg range.

I just want to help my didi. Shall remain silent

Cheeses I love... hard cheese, soft cheese, cheese that smells like 3 day old toe jam... cheese so salty, so delicious, smoked flavour... but i can never remember all their names... always had it 'carted' to me in all variety with wine...

yes - wine will bring out the cheese flavour...and the trick to cheese is... taste a very small spoonful at a time... not eat like a slice of cake...

absolutely wonderful... especially at places like Les Ames, some of our better hotels...

take me to cheese village in the supermarket such as the one in Tanglin or 6th Ave... I'm LOST...

Grand Copthorne Waterfront Sunday Brunch. There are about 10 different French cheeses on the cheese platter from various region. Neuchatel, Livarot, Emmanthal, Madrigal, Brie, Montrachet.... to name a few.

Cool.

Note that hard chesses have long shelf life. Soft cheese like mascarpone, camembert and tallegio have shorter shelf life and tends to get mouldy real quick if kept improperly.

If you are in the supermarkets, go for those who proper expiry dates printed on the packaging and NOT with those Use By labels. I know of merchants who "extend" the shelf life simply by using tinner to clean off the expiry date and then stickering a Use By label with an additional 1-2 weeks.

So promotions may not always be a good thing :)

I just want to help my didi. Shall remain silent

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.