Male HQ

Instant Noodle

Guest Quickie

Guest Quickie
I like Myojo & CQYD & all those Korean brands.

The bad ones are usually the housebrands for most supermarkets.

I agree, CQYD (Nissin) has the sesame fragrant oil inside. Myogo noodle texture is QQ if you boiled semi cooked. Both soup are tasty.

I prefer Japanese brand rather than Korean. Korean noodle a little over portion and soft, the soup is less tasty.

Japanese a little expensive but the soup has the soy sauce tastiness and there are kelps, onions, eggs, fishcake, and sesame seeds.

Will try Mamee but the portion is small.

• 5 weeks later...

Myojo chicken or abalone chicken.... soup.. or dry version, ie, cooked the noodles with soup base, then serve dry in plate with sesame seed oil, tomato ketchup, pepper and soy sauce... yummy!

Cup noodles - Nissin Tom Yum.. those made in thailand type are very authentic, not the ones with the paper jacket though....

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest KOKA ROCKS

What is your best instant noodle brand?

My is:

1. Nissin

2. Myojo

The worst is KOKA.

Any other recommendations?

Nissin/Myojo/Maggi noodles are horrible, KOKA is way better, although some of their flavours aren't really good. Tom Yam is worth a shot though.

But noodles wise, KOKA is thicker, more chewy and has more texture, unlike the other brands, all so thin and soft.

I sometimes fry the cooked noodles with japanese sauce because the soap ones can get pretty bland and unhealthy. I add lots of garlic, onions, chicken breast chunks and shitake mushroom.

Nissin/Myojo/Maggi noodles are horrible, KOKA is way better, although some of their flavours aren't really good. Tom Yam is worth a shot though.

But noodles wise, KOKA is thicker, more chewy and has more texture, unlike the other brands, all so thin and soft.I sometimes fry the cooked noodles with japanese sauce because the soap ones can get pretty bland and unhealthy. I add lots of garlic, onions, chicken breast chunks and shitake mushroom.

I contest that 'soft' bit... you do the cooking you can control the 'softness' of the noodle... you just take it out of the boiling water before it gets soft...but having said that, i have to agree that some noodle texture is better than others no matter how you cook it...

and yes, KOKA's tom yam is very good but taste buds differ, others may like other tom yam noodle flavour better.

I have my KOKA (tom yam is the ONLY flavour i like from this brand) plain, or i will add a few hearty dashes of Tobasco sauce into it to bring up the spice and sour level up a notch or two... the result is always good... drop in an egg, beaten or otherwise... (remove the noodles first and let the boiling soup cook the egg without sticking to noodles) and veg (before the eggs and removed prior to dropping in the egg) hahaha

ok sequence

boil water. If you like, add in some garlic cloves... you be surprised at the taste... if you like garlic

blanche veg and remove

put in noodles to cook

add in seasoning mix and oil

remove noodles

allow soup to go wild boil

crack egg in bowl and beat, then pour into soup, count to 8 and off fire

pour soup wif egg into noodles and veg

dash some Tobasco sauce in to add spicyness and sourness

eat while it' still steaming hot...

I love Indomie goreng original flavour. However due to me being health conscious and the brand still contains MSG, I chose to eat Koka S'pore spicy fried noodles. MSG free and taste is acceptable to me. Once in a while I will eat Indomie just to satisfy my tastebud.

I'm 36 168 58 sweet and friendly guy looking for oral fun, hangout buddies, badminton buddies, and bf/partner if possible

• 2 weeks later...
Guest darkflame

I always have Cup Noodles because it's the easiest to make and dispose.

But lately, I decided not to have much of it because cockroaches keep infesting my house after I eat instant noodles. They like the smell somehow. :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.