Male HQ

Making Sweet Potato Soup

Baloo

Chanced on a nice box of Maroon coloured Japanese sweet potatoes...

I was thinking... been a while since i last had that...

I have some ginger at home... some rock sugar... walla... sweet potato soup!!

what i didn't put in was a pandan leaf. a single piece of pandan leaf would have added much more fragrance to the soup... but the japanese sweet potato... awesome...

Chanced on a nice box of Maroon coloured Japanese sweet potatoes...

I was thinking... been a while since i last had that...

I have some ginger at home... some rock sugar... walla... sweet potato soup!!

what i didn't put in was a pandan leaf. a single piece of pandan leaf would have added much more fragrance to the soup... but the japanese sweet potato... awesome...

I normally grille them till a little charred, peel the skin and eat or use with salad.

Grilling does make the potatoes a bit drier but gives it more bite, taste sweeter and also healthier.

I normally grille them till a little charred, peel the skin and eat or use with salad.

Grilling does make the potatoes a bit drier but gives it more bite, taste sweeter and also healthier.

I agreed that it gives more bite, taste sweeter but definitely NOT healthier. Any grilled food, especially charred type is a health risk for cancer.

z

I agreed that it gives more bite, taste sweeter but definitely NOT healthier. Any grilled food, especially charred type is a health risk for cancer.

What you say is true about the cancer risk eating burnt food.

Unlike grilled meat like steak or char siew where you tends to eat the charred bits too. As for sweet potatoes, i always peel and discard the skin together with the charred part. Grilling the potatoes till abit charred gives it a very nice smoky flavour.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.