Male HQ

BL drama/series recommendations

Cookieeee Monster

Glad you enjoyed KinnPorsche! I must add that among the BL shows I’ve watched, it has the steamiest scenes! 😅

I chanced upon “2gether” and I couldn’t stop bingeing! So here’s my recommended list:

- Must-watch (enjoyed very much)

1) 2gether & Still 2gether

2) Bad Buddy

- Unconventional plot

3) Not Me

4) Manner of Death

- Notable mentions

5) My Tooth Your Love (Taiwan)

6) Hello Stranger (Philippines)

7) The Tuxedo (Thai)

I’m juggling ‘Warp Effect’ and ‘Moonlight Chicken’ now. Too many to catch up! Haha

Edited by JYAG-sim

4 hours ago, JYAG-sim said:

Glad you enjoyed KinnPorsche! I must add that among the BL shows I’ve watched, it has the steamiest scenes! 😅

I chanced upon “2gether” and I couldn’t stop bingeing! So here’s my recommended list:

- Must-watch (enjoyed very much)

1) 2gether & Still 2gether

2) Bad Buddy

- Unconventional plot

3) Not Me

4) Manner of Death

- Notable mentions

5) My Tooth Your Love (Taiwan)

6) Hello Stranger (Philippines)

I’m juggling ‘Warp Effect’ and ‘Moonlight Chicken’ now. Too many to catch up! Haha

Thank you! Yes not only KinnPorsche got the most steamy scenes, there’s just so many eye candy to drool upon! Wahahahahaaa.

wow with your list, I’m gonna be kept busy for awhile now! 

Cheers!

@Cookieeee Monster You mentioned "Chinese one" - do you mean those from China? If so, personally I find the BL shows produced from China really not up to standard (with probably the exception of "上瘾/Addicted"). I kind of stopped watching them already.

I would prefer the Chinese ones from Taiwan, such as: 我的牙想你, 永远的第一名, 第二名的逆袭, 约定, 正负之间, 酷盖爸爸1 & 2, etc.

[personal preference eh, you could disagree, haha]

For Korean ones, you could consider the following:  Where your eyes linger, Once again, The new employee, To my star 1 & 2, Semantic error, etc.

[similarly, based on personal preference eh]

Enjoy watching the shows eh, haha.

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

1 hour ago, sphere said:

@Cookieeee Monster You mentioned "Chinese one" - do you mean those from China? If so, personally I find the BL shows produced from China really not up to standard (with probably the exception of "上瘾/Addicted"). I kind of stopped watching them already.

I would prefer the Chinese ones from Taiwan, such as: 我的牙想你, 永远的第一名, 第二名的逆袭, 约定, 正负之间, 酷盖爸爸1 & 2, etc.

[personal preference eh, you could disagree, haha]

For Korean ones, you could consider the following:  Where your eyes linger, Once again, The new employee, To my star 1 & 2, Semantic error, etc.

[similarly, based on personal preference eh]

Enjoy watching the shows eh, haha.

Thank you! Thank you! 

If you missed out any good ones please update me ya. 

cheers!

I tend to eschew Korean shows (BL or otherwise) cuz the male actors are just too pretty. The only genre I watch is zombie horror. 

I watch on dramacool / dramanice. It has a wide selection of TV series from Asia. The only gripe is the pop-up ads that appear each time you click on the episode link. 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 hours ago, JYAG-sim said:

I tend to eschew Korean shows (BL or otherwise) cuz the male actors are just too pretty. The only genre I watch is zombie horror. 

I watch on dramacool / dramanice. It has a wide selection of TV series from Asia. The only gripe is the pop-up ads that appear each time you click on the episode link. 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 hours ago, JYAG-sim said:

You’re right! Somehow after watching the Thais and watching the Korean I didn’t really enjoy. Just not as sex-tisfying! Wahahahahaaa 

4 minutes ago, Cookieeee Monster said:

You’re right! Somehow after watching the Thais and watching the Korean I didn’t really enjoy. Just not as sex-tisfying! Wahahahahaaa 

Eh, contradicting lah, I thought you said you enjoyed KinnPorsche (Thai)? Wasn't it sex-tisfying, hot and steamy? Haha.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Just now, sphere said:

Eh, contradicting lah, I thought you said you enjoyed KinnPorsche (Thai)? Wasn't it sex-tisfying, hot and steamy? Haha.

Opppsssss… I truely enjoyed KinnPorsche. Wahahahahaaa… got my blood flow and boiled! Until i want go Thailand find bf le!

What I meant was after watching the Thais, I find Korean bl very meh only. Or I started with the wrong series! Wahahahahaaa…. Was watching To be star 2 and it’s slow and not…. You know wat i mean lor!

Opppsssss… I truely enjoyed KinnPorsche. Wahahahahaaa… got my blood flow and boiled! Until i want go Thailand find bf le!

What I meant was after watching the Thais, I find Korean bl very meh only. Or I started with the wrong series! Wahahahahaaa…. Was watching To be star 2 and it’s slow and not…. You know wat i mean lor!

Ah, I see I see, yeah, Korean ones not as steamy, and yes, slow at times/most times, haha.

Taiwan ones, I like how they could passionately kissed each other, enjoyed those scenes, haha.

Just now, sphere said:

Ah, I see I see, yeah, Korean ones not as steamy, and yes, slow at times/most times, haha.

Taiwan ones, I like how they could passionately kissed each other, enjoyed those scenes, haha.

Really? The actors cute? Young? Which one do you recommend me to watch first based on my preference of cute young actors with steamy scenes! Wahahahahaaa…. Oh no after watching need to look for more carfun le! Heheheheheee 

Really? The actors cute? Young? Which one do you recommend me to watch first based on my preference of cute young actors with steamy scenes! Wahahahahaaa…. Oh no after watching need to look for more carfun le! Heheheheheee 

Wah, cute is a bit subjective eh, haha.

You ould catch some preview of the kisses for "我的牙想你" (here). I quite like this show. Haha.

5 minutes ago, sphere said:

Wah, cute is a bit subjective eh, haha.

You ould catch some preview of the kisses for "我的牙想你" (here). I quite like this show. Haha.

Not bad looking but not as cute as Porsche and the two leads from between us. Seeing the preview is like watching all the highlights of the show liao! Wahahahahaaa…. 

will watch an episode to see if it catches on me. 😉😉😉

5 minutes ago, Cookieeee Monster said:

Not bad looking but not as cute as Porsche and the two leads from between us. Seeing the preview is like watching all the highlights of the show liao! Wahahahahaaa…. 

will watch an episode to see if it catches on me. 😉😉😉

There were ups and downs in the relationship, the kisses were only some of the sweet moments, haha.

Yeah, I like KinnPorsche - so hot and steamy eh, didn't expect that full length window bathroom scene, but definitely not complaining! Haha.

@Cookieeee Monster by the way, am currently watching Thai's "Chains Of Heart" (trailer --> here).

The plot looks interesting, and it is currently showing till episode 4.

Just for your information eh, haha.

49 minutes ago, sphere said:

@Cookieeee Monster by the way, am currently watching Thai's "Chains Of Heart" (trailer --> here).

The plot looks interesting, and it is currently showing till episode 4.

Just for your information eh, haha.

I don't like watching series that is still showing. I'll marathon watch them have to wait for the next episode! I hate the suspense and the wait. Wahahahaa 

23 minutes ago, Cookieeee Monster said:

I don't like watching series that is still showing. I'll marathon watch them have to wait for the next episode! I hate the suspense and the wait. Wahahahaa 

Haha, you watch as and when you are free eh, no worries.

Was just telling you that there is such a show - only if you're keen.   :)

• 2 weeks later...

currently watching:

1. Jack O' Frost from Japan (cute and heartfelt)
  2. Past-Senger from Thailand (silly time travel school series)
  3. The End of the World with You from Japan (depressing and reflective)
  4. A Boss and a Babe from Thailand (cute working romance, I love office romance! )

Worst BL I've watched this year:

1. History5 Love In The Future from Taiwan. Complete waste of time when they have time travel storyline but the plot is thin and acting is abit stiff. Plus they brought back the brothers-lovers couple from previous series. WTF? Taiwan BL needs to wake up.
  2. Remember Me from Thailand. Just depressing. Love the 90s references but each ep is draggy and slow.
  3. My Tooth Your Love from Taiwan. Another time waster from TW, even tho the actors are cute but storyline is really plot-thin and pointlless.

Best BL this year:

1. Moonlight Chicken from  Thailand. Earth Mix. i want more sensual and they gave us adult love. I want more! Love it!
  2. My School President from Thailand. I love puppy love school love. comfort tv. 2gether can never! This is a fun heartfelt drama and nice music too!
  3. To Sir With Love from Thailand! OMG so dramatic and romantic. Campy as hell but also very touching. Nunew's song is also very nice.

10 hours ago, sg89ailikesi said:

Is there tharn type season 3? I love this series the most.

my first bl drama is love sick, another that I like more is 2moon the series season 1. The rest that are nice and not bad mostly mentioned already.

Yup. 

I love Tharn n Type.

I goggled. There is 3rd season 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/21/2023 at 7:58 PM, helloboy said:

First and new Singaporean actor Raynold Tan starring in pinoy BL Series!! 😜

TRAILER: WATCH HERE!

IG: https://www.instagram.com/raynold.tyr/

KEWT!!

not bad i like this one too. Has a positive heart in the show!

i'm obsessed with Step by Step from Thailand.

Office romance.

https://youtu.be/sSRgxESPy4k

Edited by EastChat

36 minutes ago, EastChat said:

i'm obsessed with Step by Step from Thailand.

Office romance.

https://youtu.be/sSRgxESPy4k

You enjoy this show so far?
I stopped at episode 8 (out of total 12), not sure if I want to continue - before that I was already kind of 'bored' after 3 or 4 episodes, as I don't see the "light" (even at the point where I stopped), haha. It was really not as fast-paced and interesting as I've thought initially.

[I like office romance too, but this one a bit draggy leh]

In comparison, "Moonlight Chicken", which was also not fast-paced, was at least more interesting to watch - just a personal opinion eh, haha.

3 minutes ago, sphere said:

You enjoy this show so far?
I stopped at episode 8 (out of total 12), not sure if I want to continue - before that I was already kind of 'bored' after 3 or 4 episodes, as I don't see the "light" (even at the point where I stopped), haha. It was really not as fast-paced and interesting as I've thought initially.

[I like office romance too, but this one a bit draggy leh]

In comparison, "Moonlight Chicken", which was also not fast-paced, was at least more interesting to watch - just a personal opinion eh, haha.

you need to be patient. you should know ep 10 is the hot ep. it's a slow burn for sure and now i understand why both parties have restrain with their own issues to deal with. i'm actually rewatching it again to catch the glimpses in their eyes. their acting is subtle especially the older lead. when u get it u will understand. very real life for office romances.

Edited by EastChat

5 hours ago, EastChat said:

you need to be patient. you should know ep 10 is the hot ep. it's a slow burn for sure and now i understand why both parties have restrain with their own issues to deal with. i'm actually rewatching it again to catch the glimpses in their eyes. their acting is subtle especially the older lead. when u get it u will understand. very real life for office romances.

Haha, will have to see how later. [actually some of the online reviews were similar to mine]

I started off this show when I was less busy at work, now that I'm very occupied with work, will have to see if I would continue after the busy period 1-2 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads-up on episode 10, happy watch for you to the finale, haha.

My First BL was "A Tale of A Thousand Stars". It is nice and sweet. 

For Thai BLs, I enjoyed watching "Not Me" and "Until We Meet Again". "Until We Meet Again" has strong theme like Suicide. Recently I watched a 3 episode series that was cut short also "The Effect". It focuses on many dark themes so unless you are into those, I would not suggest it. 

For Korean BLs, I enjoyed "Cherry Blossoms after Winter" and "Choco Milk Shake".  I am about to start on "Love Tractor".

For Taiwanese BLs, "Addicted was really good but they stopped it". I continued by reading the novel on wattpad. So I managed to somewhat finish the series from series to novel. I heard they making another "Addicted" but more as a bromance called "Stay With Me". I did like some from the "HIStory" Franchise like "HIStory 3: Trapped and HIStory 3: Make our days count. "Because of You" is another short and sweet series that I enjoyed.

For Japanese BLs, I really enjoyed "The End of the World With You" and "Eternal Yesterday". 

All these are just my preferences. You may or may not like them. Keep an open mind when watching the shows and you might enjoy them more.

Edited by SAKnight93

• 3 weeks later...

Currently watching these BLs at night when I'm free:

Thai BL:

Be Mine SuperStar

Be My Favorite

Laws Of Attraction

Wedding Plan

Korean BL:

Jun & Jun

Roommates of Poongduck 304

The Eighth Sense