Male HQ

Financing Relationship

Guest Inside Biscuit Tin

Guest Inside Biscuit Tin

I was thinking how some people can maintain a hunky dory relationship if their finance status are very different with eath other.   If your buddy is poor, average and you are quite manageable but not rich, will it eventually lead to insecurity on your part of losing your savings to maintain a relationship?   What if your partner wanted to sell his house to live with you forever, will you allow or him wanting you to sell yours and live wiht him forever, will you consider?   Then, the salary differentiation too, him being a blue collar on minimum wage and you a white collar office worker or either want suddently become unemployed for a long long time?   What is your considerations when finances became starkly different?

If relationship and finance are two separate matter, considering that some people even plan to buy a house under joint name, what will happen if one suddently became the only breadwinner of the house?

The above is something to think about relationshiip that is inseparable with finance consideration of the other party,  Sound complicated or am I thinking too much about  gay relationship have to be a little selifsh in one way or another?  

I really don't know.  What about you?

On 6/21/2023 at 5:46 PM, Guest Inside Biscuit Tin said:

I was thinking how some people can maintain a hunky dory relationship if their finance status are very different with eath other.   If your buddy is poor, average and you are quite manageable but not rich, will it eventually lead to insecurity on your part of losing your savings to maintain a relationship?   What if your partner wanted to sell his house to live with you forever, will you allow or him wanting you to sell yours and live wiht him forever, will you consider?   Then, the salary differentiation too, him being a blue collar on minimum wage and you a white collar office worker or either want suddently become unemployed for a long long time?   What is your considerations when finances became starkly different?

If relationship and finance are two separate matter, considering that some people even plan to buy a house under joint name, what will happen if one suddently became the only breadwinner of the house?

The above is something to think about relationshiip that is inseparable with finance consideration of the other party,  Sound complicated or am I thinking too much about  gay relationship have to be a little selifsh in one way or another?  

I really don't know.  What about you?

I think you got confused by being financial sound mindset and leeching its partner.

You can own a condo and your partner own a 2-room HDB doesn't really matter. Most importantly, he must understand and wants to be independent financially. If the reason he wants to be homeless is because he refuse to work or take a loan then that's unacceptable. There is no poor ppl but only lazy ppl. Even now a nurse can earn a decent wage, if he refuse to upskill and just want to leech on somebody then such partner is not worthy long term wise.

Even if he is a security guard or doing grab, he is doing something and u can supplement and be supportive like paying for meals when going out, occasionally buy him things he like as a sweet act. 

Ideally, never combine name to buy a house in Singapore because if you can have 2 houses - why settle for 1? Ultimately, it will affect your retirement plan.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.