Male HQ

disclosing hiv to dates/love ones

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have HIV, so I have nothing to disclose.  But I have one experience with my late bf.   He was HIV+ and he disclosed this to me before the first time we had sex.  Since we were not into anal sex I didn't mind and we were always careful.  We started a relationship and a while later he needed some help and I accepted him into my home, where he lived for 21 years.  He soon started an antiviral treatment and became undetectable.  

My conclusion:  one's HIV+ status should be disclosed on a need-to-know basis only.  There is no reason to do it otherwise.  This need-to-know should be every time the positive person intends to have sex with someone.   This action by my bf impressed me so well that it was one reason he became my bf.    Maybe this rule can be relaxed today, when it is known that a person who gets adequate HIV treatment and is undetectable will not pass on the virus.  And society should give up any stigma for people who are HIV+ and follow an adequate treatment.  It has becomes simply a chronic condition that needs attention.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.