Male HQ

How do you guys handle catching up with your letters?

kidster

I have the habit of procrastinating when it comes to opening of letters.

As a result, I tend to miss out credit card payment if I never opened for too long. I don't like to use GIRO as annual fee is charged without me realising.

I also tried converting to online statements. It didn't help either. In fact, it got worse. I tried to avoid emails so much as possible after work.

How to do you guys handle this?

Annual fee is always charged, paid first, before they do reversal.

Use the calendar app on your phone, find time to set all the reminders in one go for the next one year. Set reminder - repeat monthly (max out usually one year). Set at a time you will actually do the work (not at 9am etc). It's also easy to see what bills and what dates you have in each month.

I also set one at the end of the year cycle to remind me how to set for next year (if it has specific instructions) or when you have things starting on different cycles (then make sure that particular one has like a 12 of 12 entry type) so you don't miss the next 1/12 payment.

Guest The boring Joe next door

I don't have credit card so I basically have no such letter.   I used online to pay my singtel bill after they send me sms bill.  As for town council fee,  I don't use Giro afraid they anyhow deduct, so I made online payment anyday I wished during the month. 

I have no email messages.  If I bought something online and eventually they send me marketing material, I will unsubscribed or block them immediately.   My whatsapp has only 5 persons in the list and most of them are quiet unless got important matter to discuss.  Basically I am not very sociable type.

I don't keep name cards either. It is no longer trendy and If I need some sort of services, I google.

During my unemployment period,  I don't try to connect to other people.  I won't seek help. I don't force myself to land a job for the sake of risking working for some idiots who will mess up my life or in a toxic enviornment.   I take my time exploring, researching and cautiously looking for something that may suit me.

I don't have walk in closet.  My wardrobe is kept minimum and light and I only have 3 pair of footwears (1 for work, 1 for sports and 1 flip flops). 

I avoid fast food like Starbuck, Coffee Bean, Mcdonald, KFC, Burger King, Pubs, and other expensive foods, bubble tea outlets like a Plague.  I eat very little.

I am not your typical gay guy because you will find me very uninteresting and boring and......

CHEAP!

12 hours ago, kidster said:

I have the habit of procrastinating when it comes to opening of letters.

As a result, I tend to miss out credit card payment if I never opened for too long. I don't like to use GIRO as annual fee is charged without me realising.

I also tried converting to online statements. It didn't help either. In fact, it got worse. I tried to avoid emails so much as possible after work.

How to do you guys handle this?

Not sure what answers you are expecting here? How do you think anyone handles this? It’s by doing their basic admin.

The charges you are incurring are basically a tax on being too lazy or dumb to keep on top of simple admin. If you don’t want to pay them, you know what to do. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.