Male HQ

78 years ago Atomic Bomb was dropped on Hiroshima on 6 Aug 1945.

On August 6, 1945, the United States dropped an atomic bomb on the city of Hiroshima. The bomb was known as “Little Boy”, a uranium gun-type bomb that exploded with about thirteen kilotons of force. At the time of the bombing, Hiroshima was home to 280,000-290,000 civilians as well as 43,000 soldiers.

Edited by maturemedium

Don't worry, Be happy

• maturemedium changed the title to 78 years ago Atomic Bomb was dropped on Hiroshima on 6 Aug 1945.

At the time the BOMB exploded in Hiroshima I was a 2 year old toddler. 

Like many of us in this forum,  during my childhood and early adulthood I felt that I had been shortchanged in many things in life. And missed much of what others had.

Today, while reading here about this BOMB,  I feel that my life has been PURE BLESSING,  and not only because I was not nuked with this BOMB.

This is one of the feelings that come with seniority, and which I wish everyone.  WHY wasn't I happier early in life, and not as much as I am today?

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Guest
On 8/7/2023 at 9:26 PM, Steve5380 said:

Like many of us in this forum,  during my childhood and early adulthood I felt that I had been shortchanged in many things in life. And missed much of what others had.

Today, while reading here about this BOMB,  I feel that my life has been PURE BLESSING,  and not only because I was not nuked with this BOMB.

This is one of the feelings that come with seniority, and which I wish everyone.  WHY wasn't I happier early in life, and not as much as I am today?

again ... it is you ...you ....you .... you .... even when we talk about the A-bombs, it is all about you

19 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

again ... it is you ...you ....you .... you .... even when we talk about the A-bombs, it is all about you

I am constantly attacked by you ....you ....you ....you ....you ....you ....you ....  and this has become so common and boring that I don't mind it at all, it's just random noise.

I would not throw an A-bomb on your head, since you would be converted into radioactive waste that would have to be disposed of and could contaminate BW.    

Guest Lucky U
On 8/7/2023 at 9:26 PM, Steve5380 said:

I wonder how many 2 year old toddlers died in Japan after the bomb dropped.  

59 minutes ago, Guest Lucky U said:

I wonder how many 2 year old toddlers died in Japan after the bomb dropped.  

Yes, this is my point.  Why aren't we thankful that we were not the victims of the BOMB when we were 2 years old?   We don't realize how lucky we are!

Guest Of course
55 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Yes, this is my point.  Why aren't we thankful that we were not the victims of the BOMB when we were 2 years old?   We don't realize how lucky we are!

You are fortunate to have been raised by a country that oppresses other countries.

8 hours ago, Guest Of course said:

You are fortunate to have been raised by a country that oppresses other countries.

No. I was born and raised in a good country, Argentina.  With good people in a rich land, with decent climate.  And they gave refuge of my family of German Jews escaping from Hitler.   NO "oppression of other countries".

• 2 weeks later...

SAY No to Seafood from Nihon. 
Japan to release Fukushima water into ocean starting Aug 24

Maybe the seafood from Nihon will start shining in the dark?   But... why seafood from Nihon?   Aren't you living in an island surrounded by the sea?  Isn't there Singapore commercial fishing?

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Star Gazer

I have been thinking a lot lately.  America, Hitler and Japan, who and which country killed the most innocent people on earth todate.  I am talking about destroying  million of innocent civilian lives.   Is Hiroshima bombing justified?  I would like to sympathise with the Japanese but not their politicians.   Probably, the greatest culprit are the inventor of Nucleur weapon and the real devils are those carried it the most. 

On August 6, 1945, the United States dropped an atomic bomb on the city of Hiroshima. The bomb was known as “Little Boy”, a uranium gun-type bomb that exploded with about thirteen kilotons of force. At the time of the bombing, Hiroshima was home to 280,000-290,000 civilians as well as 43,000 soldiers.

wanna make a guess how many people died in the hands of the Japanese soldiers during WW2, even before the two bombs dropped? 

STATISTICS OF JAPANESE GENOCIDE AND MASS MURDER (hawaii.edu)

From the invasion of China in 1937 to the end of World War II, the Japanese military regime murdered near 3,000,000 to over 10,000,000 people, most probably almost 6,000,000 Chinese, Indonesians, Koreans, Filipinos, and Indochinese, among others, including Western prisoners of war. 

So, do not ever forget why the bombs needed to be dropped in the first place. 

Guest Anthony

I have been thinking a lot lately.  America, Hitler and Japan, who and which country killed the most innocent people on earth todate.  I am talking about destroying  million of innocent civilian lives.   Is Hiroshima bombing justified?  I would like to sympathise with the Japanese but not their politicians.   Probably, the greatest culprit are the inventor of Nucleur weapon and the real devils are those carried it the most. 

Few generations of Japanese PMs had to be 'made to be accountable' for the WWII atrocities, even after the 2 Japanese cities were bombed and many decades passed.  Till today, (unlike Germany), many nations have not let Japan off for what they had done years ago.

When the Fukushima water is released, Japan will once again re-live such finger-pointing for years in future.  Should any testing on the sea catch shown to be contaminated in future, Japan will once have many generations of future PMs to be accountable for such an act committed by the present Kishida administration.

Not wise.  

When the Fukushima water is released, Japan will once again re-live such finger-pointing for years in future.  Should any testing on the sea catch shown to be contaminated in future, Japan will once have many generations of future PMs to be accountable for such an act committed by the present Kishida administration.

They are re-creating Godzilla for real.

Isn't there enough water in the Pacific to quickly dilute the radioactive component in the water released by Japan?

Guest Bad Habbit Die Hard

Till today, (unlike Germany), many nations have not let Japan off for what they had done years ago.

Japan has a very bad history of not apologising to anyone for its own atrocities.  I believe the releasing of toxic water into the sea is also one of them that they will not admit any wrong doings if the entire ocean is later found to be contaminated. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.