Male HQ

Phone Tips and Tricks

keyboard

Anyone could share tips and trick that you find useful on a smartphone?

I got a new corporate iphone 14 (i tried to google and think it's the latest?) but couldn't find anything online to lock the screen from the home page other than having to press the side button. Lift the phone unlocks the screen but i still need to swipe up to get to the apps.

My cheap android phone have a Lock Screen App that I can press and avoid me fingering the sides (especially on our perfect MRT systems). Also a gesture allows me to get to the Home Screen ready for the next fingering session.

What's your die-die-cannot-will-die thing on your smartphone?

• 2 weeks later...

Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone, press + to create a new shortcut, name it and from the dropdown beside the name choose "Add to Home Screen”.  Click on "Add action" then at the top where it says "Search for apps and actions” simply type "Lock” and you'll be able to see the "Lock Screen” action to incorporate in your new shortcut.

Stephen

there's a pop up at the top, disappears in 1 sec

What does the pop up say?

I can't reproduce the problem on my phone—even if I create a new shortcut doing the same thing.

Stephen

Pop up says,

Lock Screen | Shortcuts

With a tick underneath that animates

Unfortunately, got to give this a Fail. Was trying these few days in packed train and outside, the screen remains active and doesnt go black and random actions/touches are done on it's ways back to the pocket. I even had some foreign language thing activated somehow. haha.

Edited by keyboard

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.