Male HQ

What do you take to boast energy for work and daily tasks?

kidster

To boost energy and especially throughout the morning,  I would recommend to eliminate breakfast,  have a light lunch, and later a substantial early dinner. 

Contrary to some traditions,  breakfast is not "the most important meal of the day".  If we finish dinner at 7PM or 8PM,  the next morning we are in ketosis, meaning that the glucose from the previous dinner is gone and we run mostly on ketones produced by the liver from our fat.  In this state, we have much energy and clarity of mind.  Then, our lunch at 11AM or 12AM will break a fast that lasted for 16 hours,  the typical "intermittent fasting"  that is considered to be very healthy.

Guest True or not?

To boost energy and especially throughout the morning,  I would recommend to eliminate breakfast,  have a light lunch, and later a substantial early dinner. 

Contrary to some traditions,  breakfast is not "the most important meal of the day".  If we finish dinner at 7PM or 8PM,  the next morning we are in ketosis, meaning that the glucose from the previous dinner is gone and we run mostly on ketones produced by the liver from our fat.  In this state, we have much energy and clarity of mind.  Then, our lunch at 11AM or 12AM will break a fast that lasted for 16 hours,  the typical "intermittent fasting"  that is considered to be very healthy.

Not that easy.It is challenging to regulate your insulin and ketos from the junk food outside of home, during work lunch break, unless one is working from home or not working at all to be able to control the time and the type of diets we ingest daily.You will be met with high carb, high sugar, and high chemically processed food and drinks the moment you leave your office to go for a meal, even the simplest one, which will end any healthy fasting and return you to the beginning.

TS can get up early to go for a jog or a swim before going to work if he does not need to start work at an early hour. After that, bring along a cup of coffee  with you to work. The optimum time to arrange your day's work is in the morning, when your schedule will be more organized and you won't need as much motivation nor boosting to fulfill your tasks on time.

I, however, cannot function if I don't have breakfast and my coffee in the morning. I dunno if it is due to habit of eating breakfast since I was a kid or if I need all the nutrients, calories and caffeine to jumpstart my metabolism in the morning to handle all the stress from work. And I agree that having breakfast at home is probably the most healthy and wholesome food by choice that I consume throughout the day.

I recently suffered digestive system issue and I believe the nutritionist/dietitian gave me the most immediate help, tailored a diet plan and sustained my recovery process. I have a new found respect for the profession that I knew so little about in the past. I believe that even though human physiology is fundamentally the same, there are still differences from person to person in many aspects. Like genetics, food intolerances/allergies, health condition, illness, chronic illnesses, culture, lifestyle and access to different types of food to name a few.

@kidster You may research via Google or Youtube, but they often "generalise".  I recommend you consider consulting a professional nutritionist/dietitian or doctor to make sure a particular diet or routine works for you esp. if you have or think you have an underlying medical condition.

Take care 🙏

Energy boost in the morning

• Good quality breakfast which includes eggs, bananas, rolled oats. Ensure there is balance of protein and complex carbs to help you sustain energy, not to cause energy crash. Avoid any oily food like char kway teow, fried bee hoon, fried food which are more popular fare amongst the Chinese
  • Good supplementation like complex B, multivitamin, fish oil, etc. But this is to be in tandem with the above. 

Food plays an important role in our lives. Choose yours wisely.

I, however, cannot function if I don't have breakfast and my coffee in the morning. I dunno if it is due to habit of eating breakfast since I was a kid or if I need all the nutrients, calories and caffeine to jumpstart my metabolism in the morning to handle all the stress from work. And I agree that having breakfast at home is probably the most healthy and wholesome food by choice that I consume throughout the day.

I recently suffered digestive system issue and I believe the nutritionist/dietitian gave me the most immediate help, tailored a diet plan and sustained my recovery process. I have a new found respect for the profession that I knew so little about in the past. I believe that even though human physiology is fundamentally the same, there are still differences from person to person in many aspects. Like genetics, food intolerances/allergies, health condition, illness, chronic illnesses, culture, lifestyle and access to different types of food to name a few.

@kidster You may research via Google or Youtube, but they often "generalise".  I recommend you consider consulting a professional nutritionist/dietitian or doctor to make sure a particular diet or routine works for you esp. if you have or think you have an underlying medical condition.

Take care 🙏

Thanks for your advice. Doc said I don't need any supplements based on my health screening report. 

However, I understand Vitamin B Complex has its own benefits but not widely known and popularised as compared to C.

• Good quality breakfast which includes eggs, bananas, rolled oats. Ensure there is balance of protein and complex carbs to help you sustain energy, not to cause energy crash. Avoid any oily food like char kway teow, fried bee hoon, fried food which are more popular fare amongst the Chinese
  • Good supplementation like complex B, multivitamin, fish oil, etc. But this is to be in tandem with the above. 

Everyday breakfast eat eggs, bananas and rolled oats? Most people would find it boring. This is why most people prefer to eat outside food for breakfast for different variety and more convenient.

Not that easy.It is challenging to regulate your insulin and ketos from the junk food outside of home, during work lunch break, unless one is working from home or not working at all to be able to control the time and the type of diets we ingest daily.You will be met with high carb, high sugar, and high chemically processed food and drinks the moment you leave your office to go for a meal, even the simplest one, which will end any healthy fasting and return you to the beginning.

TS can get up early to go for a jog or a swim before going to work if he does not need to start work at an early hour. After that, bring along a cup of coffee  with you to work. The optimum time to arrange your day's work is in the morning, when your schedule will be more organized and you won't need as much motivation nor boosting to fulfill your tasks on time.

Yes, it is not easy to stop eating breakfast, unless one has a very flexible metabolism.  But it can be done progressively,  little by little reducing the breakfast food until one can skip it without feeling hungry.   If you can bring a coup of coffee to work, you can also bring some healthy food to eat there.  ( no need to snack, because once we are used to fast, there is no urge to eat ).   You seem to have a good idea of how unhealthy junk food is.  Remember:  NOBODY should have the power to dictate what you put in your mouth, besides yourself.  And if you LOVE yourself,  you will put in only the best!

ENERGY BOOST IN THE MORNING?   

We don't need any boost in the morning if we are fasting, hopefully in a ketosis state.   Unfortunately, much of society holds the belief that after eating we have more "energy".   This is FALSE.  After eating, say, a big "energy boost breakfast",  much of our blood is used up by the digestion,  taking it away from muscles and the brain.  We warm-body animals are conditioned to be at our best in a state of fast,  when hunger drives us to hunt for food.   With intermittent fasting we don't fast so long to feel hunger, and we have the most energy when all the digestion has stopped hours ago.   After finishing dinner at 6PM,  14 hours later I go in fasting to the gym at 8AM  for heavy exercises, then back home I drink a cup of coffee and wait until lunch time to break the fast.  I don't feel hungry at any time.

You cannot function if you have no morning breakfast??   Are we of the same species?  I ask, because I function the best WITHOUT morning breakfast!

You need to get used to skip breakfast, little by little until you don't miss it anymore.  You are right that the food you prepare at home is the best, by far.  Can you take some food prepared at home to snack at work during lunch time?   And then prepare a big nice meal at home for dinner,  hopefully early in the evening.

Thought skipping breakfast is no good for health, as breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Years ago I thought the same thing.  I used to eat like 5 small meals during the day.  I have learned that this is wrong,  and we should eat as SELDOM as possible. Watch some of the videos posted in the thread "for gays who will be seniors... blah blah blah",  where people with excellent credentials expose the modern theories of good nutrition,  quite different from the traditional ones we were fed with as children.

Guest Dilemma

Yes, it is not easy to stop eating breakfast, unless one has a very flexible metabolism.  But it can be done progressively,  little by little reducing the breakfast food until one can skip it without feeling hungry.   

Fasting will make  u look skinny and wrinkly and aged beyond your years.  No more chubby bubbly cute looking that is so sought after in the gay world. 

Fasting will make  u look skinny and wrinkly and aged beyond your years.  No more chubby bubbly cute looking that is so sought after in the gay world. 

Why you want to look "chubby bubbly cute looking"?  Wouldn't you rather look like a strong slim or hunk boy, or a handsome man?  Isn't this more sought after?

And don't forget that fasting,...  you save money in food!   Fast forever, and you don't need to spend any more money in food.

Years ago I thought the same thing.  I used to eat like 5 small meals during the day.  I have learned that this is wrong,  and we should eat as SELDOM as possible. Watch some of the videos posted in the thread "for gays who will be seniors... blah blah blah",  where people with excellent credentials expose the modern theories of good nutrition,  quite different from the traditional ones we were fed with as children.

Eat as seldom as possible? For me if i do not have a proper meals at least for breakfast, lunch and dinner, i would feel like no energy, sometimes even feel giddy and headache. Scare that i would faint anytime if i don't eat.

Eat as seldom as possible? For me if i do not have a proper meals at least for breakfast, lunch and dinner, i would feel like no energy, sometimes even feel giddy and headache. Scare that i would faint anytime if i don't eat.

Caution, because your need for frequent meals may indicate that your metabolism lacks elasticity. This could be caused by having insulin resistance, something we should avoid.   You may need some progressive adaptation,  like reducing consumption of carbohydrates with a more ketogenic diet. 

I used to see videos and ads by a Dr. Steven Gundry and think that he is a charlatan, a quack.  But I have found reasons to believe that his advice is serious and reliable.  And his credentials are excellent.  You find his videos on YouTube, where he explains some new findings about nutrition that can be helpful, and he has written many best-sellers about the topic. 

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Forgiven

I used to see videos and ads by a Dr. Steven Gundry and think that he is a charlatan, a quack.  But I have found reasons to believe that his advice is serious and reliable.  And his credentials are excellent.

You are absolutely slow to believe other people advice is serious, reliable and credible.  It takes time to process and adapt.  I forgive you. 

Caution, because your need for frequent meals may indicate that your metabolism lacks elasticity. This could be caused by having insulin resistance, something we should avoid.   You may need some progressive adaptation,  like reducing consumption of carbohydrates with a more ketogenic diet. 

I used to see videos and ads by a Dr. Steven Gundry and think that he is a charlatan, a quack.  But I have found reasons to believe that his advice is serious and reliable.  And his credentials are excellent.  You find his videos on YouTube, where he explains some new findings about nutrition that can be helpful, and he has written many best-sellers about the topic. 

How to reduce consumption of carbohydrates with a more ketogenic diet in way that would not make me feel weak?

4 hours ago, AskMeNot said:

Instead of thinking of popping pills for energy, how about just getting enough sleep? Heh. I think most modern people lack this nowdays.

true, but some people have insomnia and sleeping problems too, but that's another issue altogether.

On 9/8/2023 at 10:05 AM, AskMeNot said:

Instead of thinking of popping pills for energy, how about just getting enough sleep? Heh. I think most modern people lack this nowdays.

Some people can fall asleep easily but purposely do not want to go to bed and sleep late. But there are also some people who want to sleep but cannot fall asleep or sleep quality very bad.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.