Male HQ

External hard drive

YiT

Then how? Buy online? Not all places carry all brands - maybe perhaps sim lim?

Usage matters on which is "best". Warranty period gives you an approximation how long it will last.

Now also have SSD type of drives (without moving parts) but not long enough to know how long it can last under which circumstances but if data is important, opt for cloud storage or multiple copies.

Then how? Buy online? Not all places carry all brands - maybe perhaps sim lim?

Usage matters on which is "best". Warranty period gives you an approximation how long it will last.

Now also have SSD type of drives (without moving parts) but not long enough to know how long it can last under which circumstances but if data is important, opt for cloud storage or multiple copies.

Most likely try challenger store...second check online store. 

Now,is the price and brand to consider.

Challenger online only carries 3 brands. There's not much of a price difference $20-40 if you're comparing the same specs - not those gaming ones. HDD is like a commodity, when it spoils, all data is lost no matter which brand. I'm more of a WD person. What are you using it for though, nowadays also got 5TB drives which cost per MB is higher than the mass market.

Can't imagine people holding on to 1TB of data. Like a hoarder in digital life these days.

• 2 weeks later...

I only use the portable hdd to store and to upkeep data.....else on laptop, because frequently access them 

I hardly would need to use the hdd , unless one wish to live a live carrying so many portable stuff 

The trend now is all store it online or icloud/cloud or g drive, isn't it?

On 9/3/2023 at 2:45 PM, keyboard said:

Can't imagine people holding on to 1TB of data. Like a hoarder in digital life these days.

I am using WD, the most reliable brand up till now and the one I am holding on for the past few years (coming to a decade in time to come) , is less than 1TB

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.