Male HQ

if same-sex marriage was legal,

egal

No, marriage is a farce...state instrument to redistribute resources to support child-bearing. U dun need a certificate of love to like n wanna be wth each othr. It's also a torture to stick 2gethr if feelings r nt there anymore...Makes more sense to part amicably n move on...

We all deserve to find tht special sum1 who makes us feel sexy, loved n wanted whn we r 2gethr, not focusing on some certificate tht is practically meaningless whn feelings r gone.

Btr off alone than to feel stuck wth sum1 who doesn't like u anymore...

13 hours ago, Sky894 said:

No, marriage is a farce...state instrument to redistribute resources to support child-bearing. U dun need a certificate of love to like n wanna be wth each othr. It's also a torture to stick 2gethr if feelings r nt there anymore...Makes more sense to part amicably n move on...

We all deserve to find tht special sum1 who makes us feel sexy, loved n wanted whn we r 2gethr, not focusing on some certificate tht is practically meaningless whn feelings r gone.

Btr off alone than to feel stuck wth sum1 who doesn't like u anymore...

"Marriage is a fine institution, but I'm not ready for an institution"

~Mae West

A legal spouse has certain rights - e.g. to be with/look after  the other party when the other party is hospitalised, share of assets upon death is there is no Will, etc.

If and when I have a partner, I will consider if I need these legal rights before considering marriage.  

If not, my position is very much the same as  @Sky894

I would push for the legality of same sex marriage or union, whatever you want to call it.

Why, it normalizes that we exist - you can no longer openly discriminate same sex couples, no weird eyes if you feed your partner at a dinner place for two.

Why, to get equal rights as a heterosexual couple, you need to marry a lesbian to get a HDB, get a child. 

26 minutes ago, keyboard said:

I would push for the legality of same sex marriage or union, whatever you want to call it.

Why, it normalizes that we exist - you can no longer openly discriminate same sex couples, no weird eyes if you feed your partner at a dinner place for two.

Why, to get equal rights as a heterosexual couple, you need to marry a lesbian to get a HDB, get a child. 

Discrimination and stereotypes can harm any kind of relationship, whether it's a same-sex or opposite-sex partnership. Real marriage encompasses commitment and legal obligations, including financial and non-financial terms. When a marriage doesn't work out, there can be emotional, legal, and financial consequences, like divorce proceedings and asset division. These complexities apply to all marriages.

While passing laws and implementing policies are important steps towards achieving equality and recognizing the rights of individuals, the complexities of relationships and marriage go beyond legislation. Societal attitudes, personal experiences, and cultural factors all play a role in shaping the reality of relationships and marriage. It's a multifaceted issue that requires both legal recognition and a shift in societal attitudes for true equality and understanding.

14 minutes ago, Swimfun said:

Discrimination and stereotypes can harm any kind of relationship, whether it's a same-sex or opposite-sex partnership. Real marriage encompasses commitment and legal obligations, including financial and non-financial terms. When a marriage doesn't work out, there can be emotional, legal, and financial consequences, like divorce proceedings and asset division. These complexities apply to all marriages.

While passing laws and implementing policies are important steps towards achieving equality and recognizing the rights of individuals, the complexities of relationships and marriage go beyond legislation. Societal attitudes, personal experiences, and cultural factors all play a role in shaping the reality of relationships and marriage. It's a multifaceted issue that requires both legal recognition and a shift in societal attitudes for true equality and understanding.

Nothing wrong with that. So legalisation come after societal norms or legislation creates the societal norms. Highly debatable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2023 at 2:22 AM, keyboard said:

I am also in favor of legalizing same-sex marriage.  

No one would suggest that straight marriage should be abolished. Many don't like it, for many reasons.  But all recognize that it is an option.  Similarly, same-sex marriage is also an option.  Therefore there is no reason to fight it.

6 hours ago, keyboard said:

If you have a close family, then it's a necessity and find a place that is willing to host same-sex marriages without repercussions.

This vs a buffet at a small HDB unit? Or you rather a neighbourhood coffee zi char? 😁

It is a fact that big wedding ceremonies are no guarantee that the marriage will last.   So the smaller, the better.

• 4 months later...
On 4/1/2024 at 8:06 PM, horhorfun said:

If same sex marriage was legal,i would have married my crush

You write in past tense.  You still have your crush?  Can you move with him to a country where your marriage is legal?   Good luck with it.

Cases like yours is a reason why we all should push for equal rights.

On 4/7/2024 at 12:39 PM, StockBottom said:

If same sex marriage was legal, i would still be forever alone now 😭

really, y

maybe then there would b more acceptance and people wld be more willing to date openly etc, hence get married etc