Male HQ

Mentally unsound

Firday

Disclaimer : Just sharing not into discrimination.

Lately, got chance upon a few gay after several conversation. They share their darkest secrets. At first, it was a tough experience to absorb the topic and unable to help but to siam them.

Mostly on medication to suppress their illness although they seem normal to me - unfortunately i encounter the worst when he flip and threaten manner.

I can't believe and dun know how to react but report police.

Later i didn't press charge due to consideration of his parents' dignity and pride.

I m shock and it seem an increase or growing trend about gay with depression or bipolar mood - especially they lack sleep or stress. 

Mental health has been a hot topic for the last few years since Covid hits globally. Unfortunately many try to shun away as they cannot accept themselves being diagnosed with some form of mental disorder often resulting in delaying treatment. Few years down the road, their condition worsen and many check in to hougang chalet.

Hmm idk if there has been an increase or if that people just happen to become more open to speak about it but it might be both.

i came across this interesting video speaking about brain physiology and how it is changed by certain habits. Came across this in a period where I felt I needed some direction.

Interesting to know that part of it stems from how readily available instant gratification is in a digitised world and how it changes the brain physically. Seems like being constantly stimulated isn’t really a good thing, it makes the benchmark to be happy even higher and unobtainable which is why even with good things happening, we might not feel the joy in it. Eventually I myself try to cut out certain apps like TikTok to forcefully reduce the time I spent stimulated through these apps and Felt a better but of course not everyone has it attributed to this so it’s a case by case thing.

• 1 month later...

"Mentally unsound" can be just the beginning to a path that leads to dementia, Alzheimer's disease.   It seems to be related to the state of our metabolism.  Lately, many scientists have investigated the link between our diet and our head,  and here Dr.  Richard Johnson has advanced the science.   The following video, long but well worth watching it,  digs into the issues with metabolism  (starting with sugar...) and at 23:50 he digs into Alzheimer's disease.  

I'm sure that we here are all perfectly sound.  But we want to stay this way and not become...  mentally unsound!, so it is worth to learn what to do. 

based form my own thesis. if we encounter this kind of situation. u should either try and have a good talk with them and try to like help them in their mental consciousness caused they maybe having issues at home or work and lack of friends to have a nice conversation with to share their feelings. so this will indulged them into suicidal thought and many more. we are all humans and we have feeling and thoughts that may run wild sometimes. so lend a helping hand by listening and sharing experiences and bring them back to a normal life.