Male HQ

do you live a "sustainable" life?

egal

It is very moral to aim for a more "sustainable" life. There is plenty one can do.  But what will be the effect of this?  How much difference will it make?

We gays are some of the most effective contributors to sustainability.   Because OVERPOPULATION is the biggest threat to sustainability.   Even if we turn the lights down, walk instead of using our cars, limit the use of water to drink only...  every human has a stomach that needs to be fed sufficiently.  How can 8 billion humans be fed sustainably?  This is not easy, and humanity is not doing its best to address this.   

Maybe. 

I try my best to identify the places where I could produce trash and find replacements or reuse.

For example, those vegetable / fruit plastic bag, I will try to reuse it once. I am trying to get hold of some reusable mesh bag which can serve this purpose.

And I also refuse to take phamplets handed out by people. I would just bring home and trash it. 

For grocery shopping, I usually bring tote bags, and if I forget the bags, I would hand carry all the stuff back. So far, no one stopped me to investigate if I stole stuff out of the shop.

The problem now is to find solution for the plastic bags used to pack meat produce. Not sure if there is a practical reusable solution.

I also try to live a sustainable life.  This is why the average age of my 3 cars is over 20 years,  my house is over 60 years old, the average age of my clothes is about 10 years, and my own age is now over 80 years...  I also limited myself to making only 1 child,  but now my son has 4 children...  It is difficult, and as @mp440028 wrote, we should not go psycho over it.