Male HQ

I notice those who reached 50s and above have very obvious aging spots on arms. How do I prevent it?

Guest Dark Spots Beauty
51 minutes ago, kidster said:

I notice those who reached 50s and above have very obvious aging spots on arms. How do I prevent it?

My colleagues in 60s have it worse.

It is not called aging without a reason.  Embrace the flows and you will have one less thing to worry about life.

There is little "beauty" in age spots.  But there is something that helps:  high doses of vitamin C supplements.  

One should not exceed a 2000 mg daily dose of vitamin C.  This is what I am taking in two "slow release" capsules of 1000 mg.  And some ugly dark spots I have had on the back of my hands for years have...  nearly disappeared!  Also I don't have age spots in my face nor on my arms.   I am AMAZED by how well vitamin C is working for me.  But as soon as my dark spots are completely gone I will reduce the dose to two 500 mg capsules daily.  ( vitamin C is water soluble and does not last long in the body but washes away in the urine.  This is why "slow release" helps, the same as spreading the dose in multiple smaller ones. )

Guest Hahaha
1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

There is little "beauty" in age spots.  But there is something that helps:  high doses of vitamin C supplements.  

One should not exceed a 2000 mg daily dose of vitamin C.  This is what I am taking in two "slow release" capsules of 1000 mg.  And some ugly dark spots I have had on the back of my hands for years have...  nearly disappeared!  Also I don't have age spots in my face nor on my arms.   I am AMAZED by how well vitamin C is working for me.  But as soon as my dark spots are completely gone I will reduce the dose to two 500 mg capsules daily.  ( vitamin C is water soluble and does not last long in the body but washes away in the urine.  This is why "slow release" helps, the same as spreading the dose in multiple smaller ones. )

What is the logic/reason that Vit C can remove black spots on the body? I've consulted several dermatologists about this, but they said the same thing: can't do anything about existing spots, but applying moisturizer can help reduce new spots appearing

4 hours ago, Guest Hahaha said:

What is the logic/reason that Vit C can remove black spots on the body? I've consulted several dermatologists about this, but they said the same thing: can't do anything about existing spots, but applying moisturizer can help reduce new spots appearing

Hahaha...  it is quite SIMPLE:  The logic/reason is... that it works.  I just gave a testimonial of this.  Try it!

Guest Leopard never change its ?
15 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Hahaha...  it is quite SIMPLE:  The logic/reason is... that it works.  I just gave a testimonial of this.  Try it!

Vitamin C is not a miracle pill.  Don't ask me to waste my money.  

Guest accept fate

look at jackie chan recently, he's aged alot.

so fit when young and so rich when old still cant beat aging.

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest accept fate said:

It is exactly because he is so rich when old, that he couldn't be bothered to beat aging.

Whatever his age cannot get for him, his money definitely can. 🤑 

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Guest accept fate said:

He's only showing white hair and white facial hair. It doesn't mean he is not fit or unhealthy. 

On 3/18/2024 at 7:20 PM, kidster said:

Are you sure they start around 50s?

I thought they appear with much higher age mid to late 60s...

4 hours ago, Guest accept fate said:

but he fooled everyone with dying his hair. Now he discontinued ... then looks his real age.

he is 69y

spacer.png

here 2020/ 2021

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Guest Leopard never change its ? said:

Vitamin C is not a miracle pill.  Don't ask me to waste my money.  

I don't want you to waste your money.  Usually, supplements are much cheaper than drugs and creams that are pushed as "miraculous".  Have a look at the following video from Dr. Gundry,  a doctor / scientist who deserves some trust.  He praises vitamin C ,  and in one of his many videos he shows his spotless hands that had a lot of age spots erased by this vitamin.  From there I followed his advice, and ... voila! my spots are vanishing too.  :) 

Guest The white of eyes
8 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I don't want you to waste your money.  Usually, supplements are much cheaper than drugs and creams that are pushed as "miraculous".  Have a look at the following video from Dr. Gundry,  a doctor / scientist who deserves some trust.  He praises vitamin C ,  and in one of his many videos he shows his spotless hands that had a lot of age spots erased by this vitamin.  From there I followed his advice, and ... voila! my spots are vanishing too.  :) 

Your spot will return if you consumed inflammatory substances despite taking vitamin C.  What are inflammatory substances? Sugar, medicines, chemicals, polluation found in foods, radiation from your PC/Sun/smartpone/TV..etc etc.  Spots can also be the result of liver problems, guts problems.  Vitamin C is to maintain but not prevention and for somoneone who is afraid of Kidney stone,  beware of overdosing Vitamin C.

Guest As usual
1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

It seems that the good advice given here by "the two resident bores" is ignored and criticized by the dumb, DUMB, dumb.  Had you watched the video by Dr. Gundry I posted, you would have heard at 14:55 a serious problem with common sunscreens:   It is "estrogen like compounds that mess up our hormonal system".   You don't have an hormonal system?   No testosterone?  Too bad!  😄

you know YouTube is not considered a credible source right?

do you eat your sunscreen? https://www.cancer.org.au/iheard/do-sunscreens-contain-endocrine-disruptors

You need to learn that just because something is posted online, this doesn’t make it true… A point most of your posts confirms. 

The hint to taking sunscreen to avoid age spots is false for those who have a hereditary predisposition of developing age spots.

It might reduce the appearance but it won't avoid the general development of age spots over time.

The fact that living in Singapore with high UV exposure  and longer sun periods per day may increase the "risk" of developing age spots.

Taking sun protection such as sunscreen (above SPF 30 (others recommend SPF 50 nowadays)) applies to all and all generations.

The issue of higher UV exposure seems to be linked to the decrease of the Ozone layer.

But usually most of us do not spend prolonged hours in the sun outside. The usual 15 mins walk from your HDB to the MRT or busstop won't increase the risk of age spots.

It might be a different thing if you spend every day 3 - 5 hours at the beach in Sentosa in bright sun light.

Age spots typically happen due to an excess production of melanin, or skin pigment. Experts don’t know exactly why age spots develop, but some people do have a hereditary predisposition to them. In other words, you may have a higher chance of age spots if they run in your family.

Other possible causes include skin aging, ultraviolet (UV) light exposure, such as tanning beds, and sun exposure. That’s why you’re most likely to develop age spots on areas of your skin that receive the most sun, such as:

• your face
  • the backs of your hands
  • your shoulders
  • your upper back
  • your forearms

While anyone can develop age spots, they tend to show up more commonly in people with certain risk factors. These include:

• having fair skin
  • having a history of frequent sun exposure
  • having a history of frequent tanning bed use

Edited by singalion

Guest Oops!

People are complaining about other people wrinkles and dark spot,  but those signs are also found on other people cock skin and well embraced.    You wonder why.

7 hours ago, Guest The white of eyes said:

Your spot will return if you consumed inflammatory substances despite taking vitamin C.  What are inflammatory substances? Sugar, medicines, chemicals, polluation found in foods, radiation from your PC/Sun/smartpone/TV..etc etc.  Spots can also be the result of liver problems, guts problems.  Vitamin C is to maintain but not prevention and for somoneone who is afraid of Kidney stone,  beware of overdosing Vitamin C.

Yes, there is some valid caution given about overdosing with vitamin C.  This is why when my age spots completely disappear I will cut the dose in half.

Guest I love creamy stuff

Dark spot will dissappear the moment you apply white cream concealer.  You think all those vogue magazine models or dior celebrities are spotless?

The best solution to get rid of dark or age spots is to get laser treatments. Several lasers can do that and usually require one to two sessions (depending on severity) to reduce the appearance. Combine that with a preventative solution like topical vitamin C, and any product with niacinamide will help. 

Love. 

This was in my Youtube feed the day you @kidster created this topic discussion. I thought it was rather face centric and didn't feel it was what you are seeking and didn't warrant sharing then. However after thoughts and reading other responses, I felt that Dr's Shaw's treatment pyramid makes a lot of sense. The foundation of all treatments starts with protecting your skin from the sun...hope this video helps...

8 hours ago, Salt&Pepper said:

This was in my Youtube feed the day you @kidster created this topic discussion. I thought it was rather face centric and didn't feel it was what you are seeking and didn't warrant sharing then. However after thoughts and reading other responses, I felt that Dr's Shaw's treatment pyramid makes a lot of sense. The foundation of all treatments starts with protecting your skin from the sun...hope this video helps...

Watched. Thanks but more like a sales preview for their own new products towards the end which lose credibility. need time to read comments

Guest Tommy

If u are too old in age, but still look too young, dyed black hair, flawless skin, behave immaturely, then people may feel that's not very natural and may be a turn off to some. Look and behave naturally according to your age. Don't overdo it. Don't over think. Btw, genes play a part and excess sunlight is bad. No sunlight is bad too.

You need to do two things: Exfoliate and prevention. Actually after exfoliating, you should have a good deep moisturiser at night. During the day, wear a SPF 70 sunblock and apply liberally. I use Neutrogena dry touch sunblock. Now that's for every day usage.

If you wish, go to a dermatologist and ask to have a strong exfoliate applied.

Whether it's an acid or a laser treatment, take time to heal and then protect. All exposed skin should follow the same regiment.

If after exfoliating, you find the skin too dry, then cut back on the exfoliating process and step up the moisturising process. Everyone's skin is different so you need to experiment. 

Guest U Jealous!
4 hours ago, Guest Tommy said:

If u are too old in age, but still look too young, dyed black hair, flawless skin,  then people may feel that's not very natural

Some people still look young during old age, why was it even an unnatural thing to you?

Guest Tio Bo?

If a person is cute and good looking, I don't think any natural scars will affect his likeability.   If you are not good looking, having porcelain skin will not make you any attractive either.

Guest Tommy

Reply to "guest u jealous" ' s post above, I'm older now in age but look a bit too young in face & bod, not because of my attire or actions. Many people i know find it unnatural. I heard soft comments like 妖怪 so not ageing. 

On 3/20/2024 at 2:36 PM, doncoin said:

The best solution to get rid of dark or age spots is to get laser treatments. Several lasers can do that and usually require one to two sessions (depending on severity) to reduce the appearance. Combine that with a preventative solution like topical vitamin C, and any product with niacinamide will help. 

Yes, the laser treatment for age spots works.  I had it done years ago, just one session.  The spots shrank and became black, and were absorbed by the body in the following  weeks and disappeared.  But...  after some years they came back.  It is not a permanent solution.  The ingested vitamin C solution takes many months to get rid of the spots, it is also not a permanent solution, but... one should take sufficient vitamin C forever.

On 3/21/2024 at 3:36 AM, doncoin said:

How much do laser treatment cost in Singapore ?  Some package required 5 or more visits which I think is money grinder.

Don't read and response to guests' post

12 hours ago, LeanMature said:

How much do laser treatment cost in Singapore ?  Some package required 5 or more visits which I think is money grinder.

Find a reputable dermatologist vs. a medspa, unless affiliated with a dermatologist. A package may make sense as it will typically take a few sessions for some cases. Find one and discuss the packages and options available. Also check on the type of laser they use, IPL, YAG, CO2, etc. for the type of treatment you want as it can affect the efficacy. Keep in mind that lasers can be used for other skin treatments besides dark spot removal, i.e. acne scar reduction, sun damage, etc. so even if the dark spots you are looking for have gone, if it is a package, you can apply it to other concerns. 

Love. 

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

If weather in Singapore would not be so hot,  what definitely would work for aging spots on arms is to always wear long sleeve shirts.

May I know what is your daily intake of "slow release" Vitamin C capsules now? Is it still 1000mg? VC can also remove age spots on the face? 

Thanks Steve! 

3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

May I know what is your daily intake of "slow release" Vitamin C capsules now? Is it still 1000mg? VC can also remove age spots on the face? 

Thanks Steve! 

Since the spots on my hand have not vanished completely, I keep taking 2 capsules of 1000mg daily. After this, I will continue with 2 capsules of 500mg... forever :) 

Guest Guest
15 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Since the spots on my hand have not vanished completely, I keep taking 2 capsules of 1000mg daily. After this, I will continue with 2 capsules of 500mg... forever :) 

Thansk Steve. Felt like trying this VC route ... more to remove the age spots on the face ... 😉

I think using sunblock or wearing long sleeves will help.

Guest Guest

Those are caused by prolonged sun exposure over the years.

So try to avoid sun exposure while you are young.

As someone advised, wear long sleeves and use sunblock if you need to be outdoors a lot during the day.

Aging spots ok. But being older does it result in less favourable body smell?

Is there any relation?

I don't intend to do age shaming but just curious on your experience.  Please comply with adequate courtesy. 

Mods may open a separate thread on this. 

Guest Work for you?
20 hours ago, singalion said:

Aging spots ok. But being older does it result in less favourable body smell?

Is there any relation?

I don't intend to do age shaming but just curious on your experience.  Please comply with adequate courtesy. 

Mods may open a separate thread on this. 

why don’t you start your own new topic? Do the mods work for you?

on this nonsense topic, I am sure @Steve5380 will have a million YouTube videos to share to answer you. Enjoy 

On 3/24/2024 at 11:25 AM, Steve5380 said:

Laser can remove but may come back again after some times if exposed to the sun.

Don't read and response to guests' post

6 hours ago, LeanMature said:

Laser can remove but may come back again after some times if exposed to the sun.

This was my experience too years ago.  Vitamin C seem to be a practical way.  

One hears lately that the earlier recommendation by Nobel Prize winner Linus Pauling to take in high doses of vitamin C against several illnesses ( he took 18,000 mg daily ) is being considered again.  It is even claimed that some people with HIV were cured with 100,000 mg ( 100 grams! ) daily of the vitamin.   So, I am feeling more confident that taking 2,000 mg a day is safe.   And this vitamin C can be simply ascorbic acid.

Guest Huh
3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

This was my experience too years ago.  Vitamin C seem to be a practical way.  

One hears lately that the earlier recommendation by Nobel Prize winner Linus Pauling to take in high doses of vitamin C against several illnesses ( he took 18,000 mg daily ) is being considered again.  It is even claimed that some people with HIV were cured with 100,000 mg ( 100 grams! ) daily of the vitamin.   So, I am feeling more confident that taking 2,000 mg a day is safe.   And this vitamin C can be simply ascorbic acid.

the thread starter was asking about prevention and you keep coming back over and over again to talking about vitamin c. What’s the relevance? AGAIN… 

1 hour ago, Guest Huh said:

the thread starter was asking about prevention and you keep coming back over and over again to talking about vitamin c. What’s the relevance? AGAIN… 

Higher doses of vitamin C prevent age spots, which is the topic of the thread.  Please read it again.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.