Male HQ

How to gain mass without the belly

Startup

I am 51 years old trying to gain muscle mass. Last year Dec I hired a personal trainer. It's been 4 months and I managed to gain about 6 kg from 60 kg to 66 kg. I am happy with the progress since I had always been skinny at 1.8 m. Now I no longer feel skinny as I pack some muscle mass.

However I am having some issues.

1. My trainer told me to eat more which I did. However I end up with a bloated stomach and a small belly. It's not obvious but I don't like having a belly. Sometimes my bloated stomach felt so bad that I lost appetite and had to see TCM. I also don't like having a full stomach all the time.

2. I am taking some vegan protein powder but I dislike it. It's contributing to my bloated stomach. I avoid taking it as much as possible.

Now my questions seeking advice. I am willing to go slow on the gain as I feel that at my age it's harder to get rid of tummy. Is there anyway I can gain mass without the belly?

Is there any alternative to taking protein powder?

Hi, my advise is to eat more frequent small meals, i.e. 5-6 meals a day. Out of 5/6 meals, 3 of them must have protein inside. 

Also, focus on the method of cooking, stick with boiled, steamed or air fry. Avoid deep fried and BBQ food including fried chicken.

You don't need protein powder to gain muscle. As an alternative, you can eat 2-3 white eggs (remove the yolks) a day. 

Hope this helps

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.