Male HQ

Video: Kesavan Odaiappan dons national costume for Mr. Universe Tourism 2024 as tribute to LGBT community

In mid-March 2024, Mister Singapore, Kesavan Odaiappan, donned a national costume, which he called Vanda Mister Joaquim, and described it as a tribute to the LGBT community. It was inspired by Singapore's national flower, the orchid Vanda Miss Joaquim, and was a twist to the name because, just like LGBT people, orchids flourished everywhere.
Kesavan was representing Singapore in the Mister Universe Tourism 2024 pageant which was held at the Bali Nusa Dua Theatre, a performance art theatre located at Komplek ITDC Nusa Dua, Benoa Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia 80363.

I am here learning about a Mister Universe Tourism 2024 pageant.   Good, I am all for tourism.  

Does this mean that Kesavan Odalappan is promoting LGBTQ tourism in Singapore?   Are gay tourists welcomed in Singapore?  If so...  I have to visit Singapore one day, and not feel bad if my visits are interpreted as "sex tourism".   Tourism is tourism.  :thumb:

All I can say is that he has the balls (pun intended) to wear that costume 😁

(Per Wikipedia... "The genus name comes from the Ancient Greek ὄρχις (órkhis), literally meaning "testicle", because of the shape of the twin tubers in some species ...." )

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.