Male HQ

The corporate world and the rat race have left me feeling drained and, at times, depressed.. I want a change...but how?

5 hours ago, Bighands00 said:

Hi brothers in BW,

I'm a 45-year-old local Chinese individual seeking help and advice. I am highly sensitive and introverted, often experiencing oversensitivity and sensory overload.

Despite being a professional with a degree, I've struggled to maintain steady employment in roles I enjoy. The corporate world and the rat race have left me feeling drained and, at times, depressed

The corporate world can be quite demanding on sociability,  something that is difficult for a person highly sensitive, introverted, with sensory overload.  And being a professional with a degree,  you have the capacity to learn new things and, depending on your degree, the ability to pursue what you learn.  

I have experienced big improvements in my sociability, empathy, understanding of others and overall happiness thanks to a bacterium.  ( you can laugh if you like )  Six months ago I started taking in a highly concentrated culture of Lactobacillus Reuteri  following recommendations by a Dr. William Davis in videos and his book "Super Gut".  This bacterium is supposed to be good for:  "skin smoothing and reduced wrinkle depth, restoration of youthful muscle and strength, deeper sleep, increased libido, appetite suppression, accelerated healing, increased empathy, reduced social anxiety, preservation of bone density"  ( those in bold more than justify taking in this bacterium, and the others can come as a premium in a 45-year-old, ha ha )  I wrote more about this in the thread "for gays who will be seniors".  

Guest Guest
13 hours ago, Bighands00 said:

Hi brothers in BW,

I'm a 45-year-old local Chinese individual seeking help and advice. I am highly sensitive and introverted, often experiencing oversensitivity and sensory overload.

Despite being a professional with a degree, I've struggled to maintain steady employment in roles I enjoy. The corporate world and the rat race have left me feeling drained and, at times, depressed

I'm considering leaving this environment, but I worry about the impact on my income stability, which I've built over the years..

Could you please recommend less stimulating job opportunities? I'm committed to relearning and upskilling as needed.

Thanks in advance for any advice or support from my BW brothers.

I think what you are going through is known as a "mid life crisis".

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/aging-issues/midlife-crisis.htm

This here seems like a useful article for you to browse through.

17 hours ago, Bighands00 said:

Hi brothers in BW,

I'm considering leaving this environment, but I worry about the impact on my income stability, which I've built over the years..

Could you please recommend less stimulating job opportunities? I'm committed to relearning and upskilling as needed.

Thanks in advance for any advice or support from my BW brothers.

Without knowing your educational background, it is difficult to recommend anything.

What if someone by guessing just recommends exactly the job you are pursuing now.

Your points are too general to give any advice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2024 at 1:35 AM, singalion said:

Without knowing your educational background, it is difficult to recommend anything.

What if someone by guessing just recommends exactly the job you are pursuing now.

Your points are too general to give any advice.

Well...  he did mention "corporate world" and "rat race".  And he is a professional with a degree. These are some pointers.  

One can start by saying that to get a professional degree in business administration to participate in the "corporate world" is... rather SHALLOW.  It reflects an interest in MONEY.

There are so many other professions with degrees where the objective is to do some good to society.  Degrees in education, in science, in engineering, in medicine, etc.  These professions have little to do with "rat race",  unless it is that of a biochemist who makes research with animals, like rats.  And then, the rat race is what he makes the rat do in their spinning wheels to study their behavior.   A less studied profession is that of an exterminator, who chases rats, but not by running after them but by spreading poisons.  

I am quite ignorant of rat races,  never been in one.  But then, I don't like competitive sports, so I have never raced otherwise.  Thanks to this, I have never LOST a race! :thumb:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.